CFZ Padded Helmets, Pillowy Lies & Poison

T-RO

Reaction score
This won't be one of my multi-segmented deep explorations. Just 3 quick thoughts:

1. Padded helmets make everyone look silly, but they make Deuce look like an 11 year old. Get over your "eye test"... it's only playing mind tricks on you and making you silly-fool. Vaughn is the one who knocks. Doubters destined to fold.

2. Speaking of folding...I initially wanted Jerry to make a stand with Zack, and he sure tried to plant his flag, albeit from the sinking sand of false confidence. After my initial posts I paused myself and actually thought about it. Martin had the iron claw of leverage, a very valid case he'd been underpaid for several years, and it was inevitable Jerry would yield, given the lack of any legitimate depth on the offensive line. We now know the outcome.

3. Poison? Micah Parsons is wicked smart. He watched this Zack saga unfold and he took notes, with whatever Lion claw-scratch calligraphy he's now crafted. The harsh truth? Micah's not going to submissively play out his contract. He's "obligated" to play through 2024 without a penny more than 5.5 mil AV. If you think it will play out as simply and comfortably as that...you silly.

John813

Reaction score
1. Never understood the shade on Vaughn. Sure, he's small but it's not like he was a niche player in college. He was a RB that got the rock a lot and did well.
2. I think this was always going to be the ending. Jerry knew he needed Martin back since every year is a "potential" SB run.
3. If the FO is smart they get that deal done asap at the start of next offseason. Lock him up long term.

J-man

Reaction score
I know Jerry will pay a massive amount of $ to keep Micah here, I just hope it doesn't kill the team to do so.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I want to say this (I haven't read all the Martin threads --- I only had to read Bob Haze thread). Martin was under contract AND when he signed that contract he was among the highest paid OL in The League. Jerry didn't underpay him at the time. Some dangerous precedents being set IMO.

There needs to be holdout protection in these contracts that protect the team interests.

Agree that Deuce is the real deal and will be an asset to the offense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
1. Never understood the shade on Vaughn. Sure, he's small but it's not like he was a niche player in college. He was a RB that got the rock a lot and did well.
2. I think this was always going to be the ending. Jerry knew he needed Martin back since every year is a "potential" SB run.
3. If the FO is smart they get that deal done asap at the start of next offseason. Lock him up long term.

Definitely, and they'll want to make it a nice big contract for Parsons to where he will accept it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This won't be one of my multi-segmented deep explorations. Just 3 quick thoughts:

1. Padded helmets make everyone look silly, but they make Deuce look like an 11 year old. Get over your "eye test"... it's only playing mind tricks on you and making you silly-fool. Vaughn is the one who knocks. Doubters destined to fold.

2. Speaking of folding...I initially wanted Jerry to make a stand with Zack, and he sure tried to plant his flag, albeit from the sinking sand of false confidence. After my initial posts I paused myself and actually thought about it. Martin had the iron claw of leverage, a very valid case he'd been underpaid for several years, and it was inevitable Jerry would yield, given the lack of any legitimate depth on the offensive line. We now know the outcome.

3. Poison? Micah Parsons is wicked smart. He watched this Zack saga unfold and he took notes, with whatever Lion claw-scratch calligraphy he's now crafted. The harsh truth? Micah's not going to submissively play out his contract. He's "obligated" to play through 2024 without a penny more than 5.5 mil AV. If you think it will play out as simply and comfortably as that...you silly.
First of all I don't think the NFL will ever go to that cause it looks terrible with the padded helmet it looks absolutely terrible great for them but if they wanna avoid injuries again just take the helmets off play with the leather helmets again I mean you literally are trying to get them to stop bleeding with their helmets or hitting head to head then just get rid of the helmets if not then this is football it's always been football and we need to just stick with the regular helmets

and by the way Jerry did stand tall with Zach he never intended to not pay Zach he just wanted to let Zach know that he didn't appreciate the public holdout that he could have just came in training camp and did this a different way but let's not get it twisted Zach Martin lost about $1,000,000 you're going to say he gained it because he got his contract but we all know he would have got that contract anyway he didn't need to hold out to get that contract and I guarantee Micah Parsons didn't learn spit from this the whole NFL's doing it at occasion it's not Zach Martin only I mean Zach Martin's different when you're holding out for your third contract than these rookies like Ezekiel Elliott did it and you have other guys doing it right now like I don't know Taylor and Justin Jacobs these guys are in different position....d they will negotiate but i'm telling you he has no guarantee to be the best highest paid defender in the nfl,

i love Micah parsons but he is not the best defender in the NFL, hes top 5 but what has he LED stat wise??

He doesn't have the most sacks, the most tackles, or leads in any of these defensive category's, yet,, we all realize his importance, however it's not a lock that he should be the highest paid defender ever? so he'll be paid like a top 5 defender, it will be a lot but the biggest deal ever, not sure unless somehow, he becomes the MVP or DPOTY and does some serious damage in the biggest games.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You guys are something lol
Duus is great and you decide this after 1 PS game where he only played in 4th against the lowest level Jags to play that night !
Good grief at least wait till he plays in a real game.

Turpin looked awesome last PS, then real games not so great, but ok.

Parsons, will get a big payday, I wonder if he is worth it, as all he focused on is sack records, and power rushing the qb.
Both seasons so far he is wore out by the playoffs. And a few sacks a game ( which are just tackles lol) dont really help the team win games.
Phil took him out of the game and didnt even block him.
Did he help dallas in either of the SF playoff games ??

I say just give him a mahomes deal and be done with it, 500 mil for 10 years.

tunahelper

Reaction score

The notion that great players don't have leverage on any owner in modern sports is ridiculous.

The lawyers, unions, salary caps, reduced rosters, longer seasons, tv money, and marketing has made sports like the government. Budgets always increase and you spend so you can keep spending.

It's all a joke and we laugh, but we foot the bill. Jokes on the consumers.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
First of all I don't think the NFL will ever go to that cause it looks terrible with the padded helmet it looks absolutely terrible great for them but if they wanna avoid injuries again just take the helmets off play with the leather helmets again I mean you literally are trying to get them to stop bleeding with their helmets or hitting head to head then just get rid of the helmets if not then this is football it's always been football and we need to just stick with the regular helmets

and by the way Jerry did stand tall with Zach he never intended to not pay Zach he just wanted to let Zach know that he didn't appreciate the public holdout that he could have just came in training camp and did this a different way but let's not get it twisted Zach Martin lost about $1,000,000 you're going to say he gained it because he got his contract but we all know he would have got that contract anyway he didn't need to hold out to get that contract and I guarantee Micah Parsons didn't learn spit from this the whole NFL's doing it at occasion it's not Zach Martin only I mean Zach Martin's different when you're holding out for your third contract than these rookies like Ezekiel Elliott did it and you have other guys doing it right now like I don't know Taylor and Justin Jacobs these guys are in different position....d they will negotiate but i'm telling you he has no guarantee to be the best highest paid defender in the nfl,

i love Micah parsons but he is not the best defender in the NFL, hes top 5 but what has he LED stat wise??

He doesn't have the most sacks, the most tackles, or leads in any of these defensive category's, yet,, we all realize his importance, however it's not a lock that he should be the highest paid defender ever? so he'll be paid like a top 5 defender, it will be a lot but the biggest deal ever, not sure unless somehow, he becomes the MVP or DPOTY and does some serious damage in the biggest games.
You are exactly right. It happens every year with a couple of high profile players. It just happened to be Zack Martin this year for us. Chris Jones is holding out for KC. He is probably the best DL in the league at the moment and I don't hear much about his hold out and how it will cripple the Chiefs, blah, blah, blah.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Players have all the power now. Nothing wrong with that either. They make the game go, and in the NFL in particular, many of them sacrifice their future health.

They want to be traded out, they want head coaches fired, they want to be paid top at their position -- all depends on how much leverage they have, and how realistic the demand is.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I noticed that as well, they do look funny. But if it cuts down on chances of TC concussions, so be it. Deuce does look like a kid out there. But that kid may be a catalyst of some big plays. Maybe not the 40 to 90 yards TD plays, but some key 1st downs and extra yards. He could have some long TD's though, just not every run like many may think. And he will have times he will get stuffed as well at the LOS.

Jerry did not cave. Everyone knew all along a new deal would get done. Anyone thinking it would go on and on were fooling themselves. A deal always gets done by all teams. It is just not Jerry as fans want to believe that to whine about him.

Micah and his looming contract is not poison, it could be icing on the cake. If he is the best or top 5 defensive players in the NFL. He will get his $$$$. Just let them make it them friendly, and not a huge back loaded contract. Like Dak's hit of $59 million in 2024. Now that is poison regardless of how bad or how good he plays.