Panthers bench Bryce Young

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bears received:
WR DJ Moore
2023 first-round pick (OT Darnell Wright)
2023 second-round pick (CB Tyrique Stevenson)
2024 first-round pick (QB Caleb Williams)
2025 second-round pick

Panthers received:
2023 No. 1 pick (Bryce Young)

gtb1943

Reaction score

Bears received:
WR DJ Moore
2023 first-round pick (OT Darnell Wright)
2023 second-round pick (CB Tyrique Stevenson)
2024 first-round pick (QB Caleb Williams)
2025 second-round pick

Panthers received:
2023 No. 1 pick (Bryce Young)

There has not been a QB prospect worth that price since Mahomes.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Crazy thought. Would they take Lance for him straight up? I think I'd like him better than Lance as a backup. And I think he's in a horrible situation. He's still have about 3 years left on his deal, and he could regain his confidence here.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Joe Montana wouldn’t last behind that line.
Maybe that is partially why they are benching Young. They are protecting him from getting beat down playing behind that line. Let him learn a bit from the sidelines while they try to improve their line. I didn't think he would be great, but that is a difficult situation for any young QB to play.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Maybe that is partially why they are benching Young. They are protecting him from getting beat down playing behind that line. Let him learn a bit from the sidelines while they try to improve their line. I didn't think he would be great, but that is a difficult situation for any young QB to play.
Shades of David Carr whom after five years and a total of nearly 500 sacks and QB hits flinched at the sight of a chihuahua

DZSierra

Reaction score
Having lived in NC for the last 20 years now being stuck watching the Panthers on Sunday, overall, the organization has become nothing more than a dumpster fire since Tepper bought the franchise.

You think you guys have it bad with Jerry? Try having David and his wife Nicole.

I remember when Carolina couldn't wait to run Baker Mayfield out of town because he was the WORST QB ever (doesn't seem to be doing as bad now LOL).

Also remember when they couldn't wait to run Matt Rhule out of town because he was the WORST coach ever (doesn't seem to be doing as bad now LOL).

Reality is when you have all these bad players and coaches and when they go somewhere else and become more successful, it tells you something about the organization where they stunk up the place. The stench isn't coming from the employees, but the owners.

I'm of the opinion that the only way to really know if Bryce Young really sucks is if he plays somewhere else. Heck, Stroud should count his blessings that it was Tepper and his wife who selected Bryce instead of him (it was the dynamic husband and wife who went against Frank Reich's wishes on who to pick at QB). Change all the GM's, coaches and players you want at Carolina. As long as Tepper is at the helm, little doubt the organization will remain a dumpster fire.

What's really funny is how the organization tries to hide it's stench with it's marketing promo's.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Goes to show you can have the number 1 pick and still get a bust of a QB. Alot of zones want us to be in QB purgatory like the Panthers are. This is what that looks like it's not pretty.

The usual idiotic comment from a stan. No one *wants* quarterback purgatory but you're only pointing out the bad example like Bryce Young and ignoring the good ones.

Let's talk about Tampa they picked up Mayfield off the scrap heap and he's taking that team further than 8 years of the 240 million man. Let's talk about CJ Stroud who now has the better team in Texas since he started leading them.

But then logic isn't the strong suit of a stan it's just this never-ending desire to prop up the current failure of a QB.