Panthers bench Bryce Young

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Crazy thought. Would they take Lance for him straight up? I think I'd like him better than Lance as a backup. And I think he's in a horrible situation. He's still have about 3 years left on his deal, and he could regain his confidence here.
Young’s contract is pretty big with three guaranteed years. To be honest Lance played better when he was the starter for the 49ers. Young is just too small to play quarterback in this league.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Having lived in NC for the last 20 years now being stuck watching the Panthers on Sunday, overall, the organization has become nothing more than a dumpster fire since Tepper bought the franchise.

You think you guys have it bad with Jerry? Try having David and his wife Nicole.

I remember when Carolina couldn't wait to run Baker Mayfield out of town because he was the WORST QB ever (doesn't seem to be doing as bad now LOL).

Also remember when they couldn't wait to run Matt Rhule out of town because he was the WORST coach ever (doesn't seem to be doing as bad now LOL).

Reality is when you have all these bad players and coaches and when they go somewhere else and become more successful, it tells you something about the organization where they stunk up the place. The stench isn't coming from the employees, but the owners.

I'm of the opinion that the only way to really know if Bryce Young really sucks is if he plays somewhere else. Heck, Stroud should count his blessings that it was Tepper and his wife who selected Bryce instead of him (it was the dynamic husband and wife who went against Frank Reich's wishes on who to pick at QB). Change all the GM's, coaches and players you want at Carolina. As long as Tepper is at the helm, little doubt the organization will remain a dumpster fire.

What's really funny is how the organization tries to hide it's stench with it's marketing promo's.
Supposedly the wife really liked Stroud. I remember rumors where the Panthers were going to draft him. The rumor I heard is that is why they fired Frank Riech.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Supposedly the wife really liked Stroud. I remember rumors where the Panthers were going to draft him. The rumor I heard is that is why they fired Frank Riech.
Actually, the wife liked Young when they went out to dinner for a "interview". The football aspect got thrown out the window because Bryce was a very well spoken young man.

Riech by all accounts wanted Stroud.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-...ngs-that-he-preferred-stroud-in-draft-process

The reality is Reich didn't throw anyone under the bus. He got terminated with grace and let it go at that on behalf of the organization (Panthers) that let him go. Reich IMO was thrown into a no win position. He went from Irsay to Pepper as who he worked for. He was screwed from the get go.

I don't think Jerry is much above Irsay or Tepper, but he at least he only has a alcohol issue and not a bigger drug issue like Irsay, and Stephen is his son, not his wife lmao

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Actually, the wife liked Young when they went out to dinner for a "interview". The football aspect got thrown out the window because Bryce was a very well spoken young man.

Riech by all accounts wanted Stroud.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-...ngs-that-he-preferred-stroud-in-draft-process

The reality is Reich didn't throw anyone under the bus. He got terminated with grace and let it go at that on behalf of the organization (Panthers) that let him go. Reich IMO was thrown into a no win position. He went from Irsay to Pepper as who he worked for. He was screwed from the get go.

I don't think Jerry is much above Irsay or Tepper, but he at least he only has a alcohol issue and not a bigger drug issue like Irsay, and Stephen is his son, not his wife lmao
My goodness the Carolina owner is nuts.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Bears received:
WR DJ Moore
2023 first-round pick (OT Darnell Wright)
2023 second-round pick (CB Tyrique Stevenson)
2024 first-round pick (QB Caleb Williams)
2025 second-round pick

Panthers received:
2023 No. 1 pick (Bryce Young)

Get further brain damage just reading that post.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Young’s contract is pretty big with three guaranteed years. To be honest Lance played better when he was the starter for the 49ers. Young is just too small to play quarterback in this league.

Probably, and the Panthers are stupid. That said, I wonder if Bryce gets in the right system what would happen? Plus, he wouldn't cost much at this time.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Probably, and the Panthers are stupid. That said, I wonder if Bryce gets in the right system what would happen? Plus, he wouldn't cost much at this time.
Honestly, I think these quarterbacks have to have the right coaches, systems, talent, and owners around them. I don’t think fans understand how lucky Dak was to drafted by the Cowboys. Great offensive line and good running back with an owner that backed the coaches. He basically took over a team that was built for Tony Romo to win the Super Bowl with. Don’t get me wrong, Dak was strong enough mentally to run with the opportunity. But that is just it, Dak made the most of his opportunity. Bryce didn’t have a chance.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alot of zones want is to be in QB purgatory like Carolina. This is what you get and isn't pretty.
This is what a high draft pick gets when he goes to the crappy team that earned the high pick in the first place.

Are you saying Cinnci and Houston "get" the same thing with their drafts?

Dak could be one of the luckiest starting rookie QBs ever. 2016 was a pretty good team, by comparison to Bryce's.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The usual idiotic comment from a stan. No one *wants* quarterback purgatory but you're only pointing out the bad example like Bryce Young and ignoring the good ones.

Let's talk about Tampa they picked up Mayfield off the scrap heap and he's taking that team further than 8 years of the 240 million man. Let's talk about CJ Stroud who now has the better team in Texas since he started leading them.

But then logic isn't the strong suit of a stan it's just this never-ending desire to prop up the current failure of a QB.
Bingo! That was some SERIOUS cherry picking there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Honestly, I think these quarterbacks have to have the right coaches, systems, talent, and owners around them. I don’t think fans understand how lucky Dak was to drafted by the Cowboys. Great offensive line and good running back with an owner that backed the coaches. He basically took over a team that was built for Tony Romo to win the Super Bowl with. Don’t get me wrong, Dak was strong enough mentally to run with the opportunity. But that is just it, Dak made the most of his opportunity. Bryce didn’t have a chance.

That's what I'm saying. Now, put Bryce with a team that might be able to develop him, and who knows?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He will need a coach to sponsor him, an injury to a quarterback with a good team, and hope Carolina will trade him. I am not sure they will at this time.

Maybe, and who knows who will coach us next year. But, if it is still Mike, he might know how to work with Bryce.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There has not been a QB prospect worth that price since Mahomes.
I wouldn't say Mahomes since he was 10th overall pick.

If I had to name a guy based on both pre draft rankings and their pro career it would probably be Burrow

gtb1943

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Mahomes since he was 10th overall pick.

If I had to name a guy based on both pre draft rankings and their pro career it would probably be Burrow
Looking back it was hard to see how Mahomes was gotten so low; but then again I think he was incredibly lucky to end up with Reid. Like Brady was with Bellicek.
I honestly was not that impressed with Burrows college career.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The usual idiotic comment from a stan. No one *wants* quarterback purgatory but you're only pointing out the bad example like Bryce Young and ignoring the good ones.

Let's talk about Tampa they picked up Mayfield off the scrap heap and he's taking that team further than 8 years of the 240 million man. Let's talk about CJ Stroud who now has the better team in Texas since he started leading them.

But then logic isn't the strong suit of a stan it's just this never-ending desire to prop up the current failure of a QB.
Poor thing all triggered and stuff.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking back it was hard to see how Mahomes was gotten so low; but then again I think he was incredibly lucky to end up with Reid. Like Brady was with Bellicek.
I honestly was not that impressed with Burrows college career.
At the time it was his college system. It was one of those things that got over thought during the season. Going in to his last year, he was consider the top candidate for #1 overall. His play did nothing to change that. However people started questioning how his play in a wide open offense would translate. In those scouts defense, there ia a grave yard full of prospects who failed under the same structure. However I think those scouts overlooked his football character, and physical gifts. Andy Reid helps too. I wouldn't discount Alex Smith either. They had a good relationship and Smith was always considered good film room