Panthers bench Bryce Young

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking back it was hard to see how Mahomes was gotten so low; but then again I think he was incredibly lucky to end up with Reid. Like Brady was with Bellicek.
I honestly was not that impressed with Burrows college career.
Burrows was kind of a one year guy wasnt he?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Burrows was kind of a one year guy wasnt he?
Yeah
he did have an incredible year but he really showed little the previous years
between his injuries and inconsistency, I am no longer really thinking he is going to be elite
He had one excellent year but not really GREAT
and one very good year

jwitten82

Reaction score
Yeah
between his injuries and inconsistency, I am no longer really thinking he is going to be elite
and one very good year
I would say he had two great years, but his injuries are a concern plus I think starting slow again is gonna come back to bite them. But yea, I also think he wont get back into that elite status, this year will say a lot

DZSierra

Reaction score
He will need a coach to sponsor him, an injury to a quarterback with a good team, and hope Carolina will trade him. I am not sure they will at this time.
From day one when Tepper took over the team, it seemed he has walked away from the common sense things he needed to do to revamping the team.

When you're a multibillionaire who is good enough to make money, with some NFL owners, they feel that they are good enough to run a football team and won't stay out of the way of the "good" people they hired to begin with to run their team (sound familiar as a Cowboy's fan? LOL).

Jones can't hold a candle to Tepper when it comes to "NFL ego" thinking you know how to run a team. If anything, give Jerry credit because he at least made himself the GM.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
From day one when Tepper took over the team, it seemed he has walked away from the common sense things he needed to do to revamping the team.

When you're a multibillionaire who is good enough to make money, with some NFL owners, they feel that they are good enough to run a football team and won't stay out of the way of the "good" people they hired to begin with to run their team (sound familiar as a Cowboy's fan? LOL).

Jones can't hold a candle to Tepper when it comes to "NFL ego" thinking you know how to run a team. If anything, give Jerry credit because he at least made himself the GM.
Good points. I wonder if the Panthers get the first pick in one of the next two drafts if the quarterbacks will do a Elway or Manning. Carolina will destroy your career.

Flamma

Reaction score
Honestly, I think these quarterbacks have to have the right coaches, systems, talent, and owners around them. I don’t think fans understand how lucky Dak was to drafted by the Cowboys. Great offensive line and good running back with an owner that backed the coaches. He basically took over a team that was built for Tony Romo to win the Super Bowl with. Don’t get me wrong, Dak was strong enough mentally to run with the opportunity. But that is just it, Dak made the most of his opportunity. Bryce didn’t have a chance.
This is exactly what I believe as well. All rookie QBs don't have the same starting point. Which leads me to an interesting situation developing in Chicago. It's only been 2 weeks, so we can't know anything yet. But that's a pretty good situation. All except the offensive line. Why they refuse to invest in their OL is beyond my understanding. Their highest paid OL is making 10M this year. Their center is a Jerry Jones style bargain bin FA. The left tackle is a 5th round pick. This is showing up on the field.

gtb1943

Reaction score
This is exactly what I believe as well. All rookie QBs don't have the same starting point. Which leads me to an interesting situation developing in Chicago. It's only been 2 weeks, so we can't know anything yet. But that's a pretty good situation. All except the offensive line. Why they refuse to invest in their OL is beyond my understanding. Their highest paid OL is making 10M this year. Their center is a Jerry Jones style bargain bin FA. The left tackle is a 5th round pick. This is showing up on the field.
The one thing I will give full credit to Jethro is his commitment to excellence on the O line. No unit on the team gets as much investment. He learned after some years that expecting fourth rd and below players to become a top quality O line is simply not going to happen. Free I believe was the only one we got in the fourth that really shined. and within reason they have paid to keep them; though I would argue a couple of times with their choices. Steele as a UDFA is a real outlier; a true lottery win.

Carolina is like the Texans were in their first five years or so; refusing to put real investment into their O line and it destroyed David Carr. Carolina is looking to do the same to its young QBs

DZSierra

Reaction score
Carolina might as well be QB hell. Give Young time and a change of scenery.
QB AND coach hell LOL

Since I really never was a fan of Carolina living here, it's actually very amusing how the local news tries to play up Panthers football since Tepper bought the team. You have to remember, it's the team that pays a lot of marketing people...

gtb1943

Reaction score
QB AND coach hell LOL

Since I really never was a fan of Carolina living here, it's actually very amusing how the local news tries to play up Panthers football since Tepper bought the team. You have to remember, it's the team that pays a lot of marketing people...
How do you sell a box full of horse crap?

DZSierra

Reaction score
How do you sell a box full of horse crap?
THAT is exactly what is funny about it.

Does Jerry suck moose johnson? Sure he does. Everyone here knows his (Jerry's) MO (and he got lucky with Jimmy). My point is as bad a Jerry is as a GM, the Cowboys usually end up with a winning percentage at the end of the season and they may make the playoffs (OK, we'll stop right there LOL). Just imagine being a true Panthers fan and look at what you have to deal with.

Now, don't get me wrong, the Cowboys are the #1 team in the NFL for what they are valued at, with 32 teams in the NFL, and the Panthers are valued at around #25.

Does that really matter though when the LA rams are #2, and Buffalo, Cincinnati AND Detroit are actually ranked less in value than the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL (Panthers)?

The issue with us as Cowboy fans is we all know Dallas is the most valued NFL team in the league, it's just that we can't get past the first playoff game because you think they would be smart (and rich) to get the right players and coaches.

FYI, the reason why I find the sub forums more fun is I know EXACTLY how the fan forum section is going to go after EVERY Dallas Sunday game. We're either going to the superbowl after one win or the team sucks and won't go anywhere after one loss. I don't generally get to watch Dallas's games being in NC, but I do watch the score and this forum during a game to keep me up to date. Try it, it's actually fun. So many highs and so many lows :lmao:

At least we have some highs. Try being a Panthers fan, I'm guessing it's the bottom of the pit LOL

Blitzen

Reaction score

Goes to show you can have the number 1 pick and still get a bust of a QB. Alot of zones want us to be in QB purgatory like the Panthers are. This is what that looks like it's not pretty.

Or you might draft CJ Stroud, Joe Burrow, Jayden Daniels (from the early looks of things).

Also, the team needs to be well stocked. Look at the stock they gave up just to acquire him. I’m interested to see how they fare the rest of the season if he’s on the bench.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Honestly, I think these quarterbacks have to have the right coaches, systems, talent, and owners around them. I don’t think fans understand how lucky Dak was to drafted by the Cowboys. Great offensive line and good running back with an owner that backed the coaches. He basically took over a team that was built for Tony Romo to win the Super Bowl with. Don’t get me wrong, Dak was strong enough mentally to run with the opportunity. But that is just it, Dak made the most of his opportunity. Bryce didn’t have a chance.

Ding, ding, ding! And lots of QB’s receive the fate of being drafted by a team devoid of much talent with lots of turnover of the roster and coaching staff and front office. The holy trinity of the ticket to nowhere. Carolina gave so many assets just to get one person.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Yeah
and one very good year

Lol-he took over a dog crap (legit terrible) team and his rookie year that showed promise though they were still terrible got injured. Went to the SB the year after and the AFCCG the year after without a workable offensive line. His line of scrimmage has been a turnstile since his career began.

His past two games look just like his elite qualities. KC forced that fumble on him having to evade yet another whiff by one of his offensive lineman, but he played a good game (their defense however not so much). You could be correct in that injuries could derail his future. He’s a fun guy to watch though-a true field general.

John813

Reaction score
I'm not sure Bryce is the answer, but teams like Carolina do a rookie QB no favors. Throw him into the fire as a rookie, and coming from a stacked team like Alabama to Carolina was a downgrade lol.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Lol-he took over a dog crap (legit terrible) team and his rookie year that showed promise though they were still terrible got injured. Went to the SB the year after and the AFCCG the year after without a workable offensive line. His line of scrimmage has been a turnstile since his career began.

His past two games look just like his elite qualities. KC forced that fumble on him having to evade yet another whiff by one of his offensive lineman, but he played a good game (their defense however not so much). You could be correct in that injuries could derail his future. He’s a fun guy to watch though-a true field general.
Just does not seem to be living up to his early promise. Like he has plateaued. Would not say the first two games are elite
the last one was but one game does not say a lot
I thought after the 2021 season he was right there about to be elite but since then he has not played as well
of course with a QB you are at the mercy of many factors but I just do not seem him taking that last step

Blitzen

Reaction score
Just does not seem to be living up to his early promise. Like he has plateaued. Would not say the first two games are elite
the last one was but one game does not say a lot
I thought after the 2021 season he was right there about to be elite but since then he has not played as well
of course with a QB you are at the mercy of many factors but I just do not seem him taking that last step

He looked very good versus the Chiefs and dynamite against Washington. That may be leveling off to him though. If he keeps producing those numbers so consistently, and their team still loses a bunch then there must be major defensive or special teams deficiencies going on.