Twitter: Panthers make McCaffrey highest paid RB

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke used to be better.. Not anymore.

This guy is a top RB that makes explosive plays and he’s also a really good Receiver too. Not like he’s good for a RB type of receiver but a legit Wide Receiver.
There is nothing that points to McCaffery being better other than simple opinion. One year doesn’t make you better IMO.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He’s had 2 good years and got paid....... he deserves it since he’s gets so many passes his way but he has not had a better career than Zeke.

Going by his first year, you wouldn't even come close to putting him on Zeke's level. He was more of a receiving back who only averaged 3.7 yards as a runner. The last two years, I think you can make an argument that he's been better overall than Elliott, not necessarily in 2018 (again, I think that's a wash), but definitely in 2019. Of course, he was better than pretty much any back in 2019 when you combine what he did as a rusher and receiver.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Going by his first year, you wouldn't even come close to putting him on Zeke's level. He was more of a receiving back who only averaged 3.7 yards as a runner. The last two years, I think you can make an argument that he's been better overall than Elliott, not necessarily in 2018 (again, I think that's a wash), but definitely in 2019. Of course, he was better than pretty much any back in 2019 when you combine what he did as a rusher and receiver.
It’s the David Johnson and Leveon Bell argument. They are given more opportunities in the passing game than Zeke does and probably ever will. This offense has never been a offense to feature a running back in the passing game.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No I don't. Because I think McCaffrey is better. Just like most other football fans..forget people on this board..fans in general
I'm still confused on this whole don't ever pay a RB thing that's been going on, on this board, for the past couple years.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Zeke used to be better.. Not anymore.

This guy is a top RB that makes explosive plays and he’s also a really good Receiver too. Not like he’s good for a RB type of receiver but a legit Wide Receiver.
Good for CMC, Zeke needs to step up. Hopefully he will without Garrett.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I bet by the end of the season Zeke will be the 4th highest paid quarterback. The Titan,Cook and Kamara will pass him.

Wonder about Kamara, he seemed to be showing some wear and tear last year. If NO was not so reliant on 2 players he may be more effective!

By the way. I would love to see what Norv could get out of Zeke in a passing game!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Zeke also sat out playing around in Cabo, McCaffrey did not.

Did McCaffrey's front office say they weren't going to be market setters to make fans giddy before the Great Disappointment? I would have called their bluff too. Did it work?