Twitter: Panthers make McCaffrey highest paid RB

Tussinman

Reaction score
Henry (who just signed the franchise tag) will probably be the highest paid next year if he has another solid year in 2020

aikemirv

Reaction score
Because he clearly didn’t have to sit out. Funny that Zeke had to sit out to get his, Leveon had to sit out to get his and Derrick Henry has to get franchises but McCaffery got his after 2 years in the middle of a pandemic lol.
Honestly though, McCaffrey is all they got!

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Two totally different backs. Norv did a great job of designing pass plays for CMC. I would like to see our backs to have more designated pass plays(a substitute for some running plays)instead of just running right up the center’s back side.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wonder about Kamara, he seemed to be showing some wear and tear last year. If NO was not so reliant on 2 players he may be more effective!

By the way. I would love to see what Norv could get out of Zeke in a passing game!
Kamara not going to ask for a penny less. Similar to Dak wanting more then Russell now.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s the David Johnson and Leveon Bell argument. They are given more opportunities in the passing game than Zeke does and probably ever will. This offense has never been a offense to feature a running back in the passing game.

That might be true, but we can only judge them on what they've done not what they possibly could have done.

JBS

Reaction score
I'm still confused on this whole don't ever pay a RB thing that's been going on, on this board, for the past couple years.

Analytic nerds..the idea is you can find similar production for significantly less cost...it's basically money ball - nfl style

EST_1986

Reaction score
Because he clearly didn’t have to sit out. Funny that Zeke had to sit out to get his, Leveon had to sit out to get his and Derrick Henry has to get franchises but McCaffery got his after 2 years in the middle of a pandemic lol.
I know what you're trying to do, its pretty immature but CMC deserves his money as did Leveon.

Those guys are massive dual threat guys. Zeke and Henry do not warrant that type of money, they deserve it but in todays game a team shouldn't hand them that type of money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That might be true, but we can only judge them on what they've done not what they possibly could have done.
Well if we judge based on what they’ve done then Zeke outshines him there. If we judge based on what was done in one year? Mc got him there.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Analytic nerds..the idea is you can find similar production for significantly less cost...it's basically money ball - nfl style
Yeah. I get you. I find it interesting how some can whine like cray over Zeke's contract and give such reasons like never pay a RB and then turn around and applaud CMC's new contract because "he's better".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know what you're trying to do, its pretty immature but CMC deserves his money as did Leveon.

Those guys are massive dual threat guys. Zeke and Henry do not warrant that type of money, they deserve it but in todays game a team shouldn't hand them that type of money.
I’m not trying to do anything. My point is they all deserve to get paid. They are all a huge focal point of their offenses. You guys chose to pick and chose who deserves what deal. Henry is how the Titans offense and defense succeeds. Same for Zeke.

Tussinman

Reaction score
If I was CMC I would have wanted trading. Panthers are rebuilding and he’s in his prime.
But it goes both ways.

Them clearing cap space during a re-build is how they can easily give CMC high dollar money. Cutting Newton alone saves them almost 19 million and there 4th highest cap figure (Turner) got traded

Cleaning house means the few good players can get paid. Teams can front load the contracts so by the time the team improves in a few seasons the cap figures will be a joke for guys like CMC

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
Yeah. I get you. I find it interesting how some can whine like cray over Zeke's contract and give such reasons like never pay a RB and then turn around and applaud CMC's new contract because "he's better".

Well, let me make one thing clear, even though I know you aren't directing this specifically towards me.

I like Zeke. I had no issue w his contract or draft selection. I do think McCaffrey is better than Zeke right now.

The argument that those other people that you are referencing will point out that McCaffrey is as much a receiver as he is a running back..he's a massive weapon in the passing game..so that's probably their argument

EST_1986

Reaction score
I’m not trying to do anything. My point is they all deserve to get paid. They are all a huge focal point of their offenses. You guys chose to pick and chose who deserves what deal. Henry is how the Titans offense and defense succeeds. Same for Zeke.
I don't pick and choose anything, I sit at home and illegally stream TV and movies. I don't care who gets paid and who doesn't, CMC is well deserved. I think Zeke actually did the smart thing given his limited shelf life, if it were my money I would have left him in Mexico.