Pardon me if this has been discussed already

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
When we have been analyzing all the issues that impacted our season..

What about the fact that Romo was no longer here to talk to DAK and school him..?

I think it had a lot to do with DAK taking a step back.

Its sort of what I feel about when Callahan was running the OL and then left.

Vacuum.

Now I am not a Romo Hater..

but he was definitely being a coach on the sidelines with DAK.

so just add this to suspensions and injuries as more tp ponder.

And as a side note.

This switch to Kellen Moore to QB coach is very strange.

anybody hot a clue about that?

GenoT

Reaction score
Jones is the GM, Garrett is the HC... nothing else matters.

robbieruff

Reaction score

What about the fact that Romo was no longer here to talk to DAK and school him..?

Vacuum.

And as a side note.

Yes - I think there has been a general sentiment shared in threads I’ve viewed that Tony and even Mark Sanchez were huge supporters for Dak’s success during his rookie year - helping him dissect and read what defenses were doing, etc. Tony’s recognition prowess has been on full display during his early tenure at CBS so losing that sort of veteran knowledge and insight would no doubt have an impact on Dak, as we painfully witnessed - especially during moments of duress and in-game setbacks. I have the impression that Moore was never really a big Dak supporter - perhaps due to the early competition factor prior to Moore’s injury? The hire as our QB Coach was all Linehan in my view and a bit of a head scratcher. I would’ve personally liked to see a QB development guru brought in. Norv Turner was mentioned here and there and I would have welcomed the signing mainly due to his success over the years helping young QBs take a quantum leap - with some obvious exceptions (e.g., Heath Shuler). Moore’s relationship with Dak will be a key theme in next season’s coverage, I think, and something that merits close scrutiny.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score

Vacuum.

And as a side note.

I've mentioned that 2-3 times in my meager 70+ posts but I also touted Romo needed to be our future QB coach and even grooming for OC.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Vacuum.

And as a side note.

Romo should not have had to coach Dak. That was Wilson's, Linehans and Garrett's job! Would you coach the guy that took your job?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's pretty clear to me here lately anymore thru recent statements& revelations that #9 was the O.C.
( remember the headset he wore while on the sideline?)
I think kellen is probably the closest thing to having the analytical acumen of the tactics of the game that #9 possesses, although not the capabilities.
Also, in #4's partial defense, when he'd aired the ball out & put it within his receivers catch radius only to see it bounce outta' there grasp, that probably was bound to have a mental effect on him through out the remainder of those games & why he'd probably ( subconsciously) target those high completion percentage short or check down throws,,,,although ,there's plenty for that Man to own up to on his own end,for horrible throws & his atrocious down field vision at times.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Romo should not have had to coach Dak. That was Wilson's, Linehans and Garrett's job! Would you coach the guy that took your job?

Tony knew he was done - too many broken bones at that point.

conner01

Reaction score
Dak didn't "take a step back" until Zeke got suspended and Tyron got hurt. He was fine prior to that.
That was a huge part but Romo did help some, the scheme hurt some, the staff hurt a bunch. The staff never adjusted to Beasley being covered differently, the staff never helped green when a blind man could see he was out manned
Dak like others contributed, but much of the problems came from never adjusting to obvious issues
A healthy smith and Zeke back will help but the staff needs to take a long look in the mirror themselves