Parris Campbell needs to be a target

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not hearing anyone really talk about him here. He's a 25 year old burner (4.3 40) who had a very solid season last year playing on a decrepit Colts offense with terrible QB play. Feel like he would be a better option than breaking out the feedbag for WR's that are on the downslide like Hopkins and Cooks that would also cost us picks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not hearing anyone really talk about him here. He's a 25 year old burner (4.3 40) who had a very solid season last year playing on a decrepit Colts offense with terrible QB play. Feel like he would be a better option than breaking out the feedbag for WR's that are on the downslide like Hopkins and Cooks that would also cost us picks.
He's never been much of a field stretcher. However he could be a guy that winds up being very good value. His contract shojld be well south of what Galllup got

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think anyone’s talking about him because he’s not good.

Don’t think he does anything to move the needle and might even be a downgrade from Gallup.
He is definitely a downgrade from pre injury Gallup. A pretty significant one. However, he is the type of player that could out perform a contract. The talent is there

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I would be worried about the injury history with this guy, hasn't been able to stay on the field. My hope is the market for WR is so slow we could get a Chark or Hardman on the cheap. The best option would be Jeudy but I would be hesitant to give up a 2nd let alone a 1st with a player who will only be in Dallas for two years. OBJ scares me, not only the personality but its 2 ACL injuries. Not sure how realistic the Hopkins rumors are??

FoxF

Reaction score
Great thought.

He looked good last year and starting to come into his own. Just needed time to develop.

I think he was a 2nd round pick? So would expect him to take longer to develop.

He does have an injury history and the Colts have drafted well at the Wr position. Thus leaving him exposed to FA.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone’s talking about him because he’s not good.

Don’t think he does anything to move the needle and might even be a downgrade from Gallup.
Ditto here.

He's not a difference maker. He's just another spot receiver. Those are a dime a dozen.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would be worried about the injury history with this guy, hasn't been able to stay on the field. My hope is the market for WR is so slow we could get a Chark or Hardman on the cheap. The best option would be Jeudy but I would be hesitant to give up a 2nd let alone a 1st with a player who will only be in Dallas for two years. OBJ scares me, not only the personality but its 2 ACL injuries. Not sure how realistic the Hopkins rumors are??
His injury history is a concern obviously, but he didn't miss any time last year and his other injuries in the past which slowed his development were a couple knee sprains and a broken foot and hand. I would love to add him and Chark and let someone else spend the picks and the cap space on the bigger, older, names.

Status
Not open for further replies.