Twitter: Parson on his game

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who would have thought after week 1 or 2 we would hardly mention his name after week 6. Not sure what Quinn's plan is for this kid but he needs to figure it out........fast. The kid has way too much talent to not make a min 2-3 impact plays per game. Figure it out Dan!!! lol

no they dont hes rookie hes got tons of RAW talent and upside but hes still a rookie and the coaches know what they are doing..lets stop rushing this kid,
example the jump Diggs took form yr one to 2.

note parsons will need this year for himself to acclimate to the nfl;.HES A ROOKIE whos already made some nice plays. hes still learning, teams will tests him..heck they still test Diggs, diggs still makes mistakes..

i have no concerns on how Parsons is used or where hes going to end up..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That's the problem with coming out like a house afire as he did. You raise expectations to unreasonable levels. No defensive player makes a minimum "2-3 impact plays" every single game (unless you count normal tackles as impact), much less a rookie.

Good point!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I watched the NFL game recap on YouTube, it seems when running they go away from him and passing pick on him. Also he looked tentative on some goalline plays. Definitely wasn't his best game

The good thing about that is that he knows he needs to improve. I think he'll do his best to attend to it. He seems extremely devoted.

It takes time, and lots of it, to develop the knowledge to recognize what NFL opponents are going to do to overcome him. He'll learn.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
....that's the right attitude, he'll get better. He's fresh off the boat. Be very afraid as his game improves.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think so, too. Jabril Cox will also be coming on better with each passing week. The bye week will give our LBs more time to adjust.
We keep hearing fans hoping for this, but Cox only played one defensive snap yesterday. He has played a total of 9 defensive snaps all season. I think it is probably unrealistic to think that he will all of a sudden be ready to play a significant role after the bye week.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Unless you're crazy with insane energy like LT, it's virtually impossible to play at that level every game.
Parson has so much going for him (talent like speed and strength) and so much going against him (like playing out of position, having to absorb the knowledge of two positions, being away from football for a full year, etc.).
I aint mad at him. If he just keeps his head straight, he'll be fine.
I don't think it's wise, however, to keep him as a pass rushing linebacker all the time. His body isn't equipped for it. He will be worn down by the latter part of the season.

So Parson needs to be on drugs to play like LT..? #probably

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
I think so, too. Jabril Cox will also be coming on better with each passing week. The bye week will give our LBs more time to adjust.
Agree... but we are such a young team you can say that about a couple rookies on Defense... including Bossman when he returns and even diggs...

Malhavoc

Reaction score
The Pats had over 40 yards in 2 plays where Parsons was lined up at DE. Teams are definitely game planning for him. They run away from his side. More than anything he looked like a tired player. He’s a big LB but not big enough to engage OL as much as he has. When Lawrence gets back that should help. He’s a high motor player and when his tank is empty you can see it. The bye week couldn’t come sooner for this player.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Help the kid out by committing him to one position… I think we are seeing diminishing returns because we are asking too much out of him.

He looks gassed as well. Played a lot of snaps after having a year off. Good time for the bye week for sure

100%

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Micah, you’re a rookie and played the coach with a ring from 15% of all Super Bowls; and, you were on the road. You did just fine!

manster4ever

Reaction score
He definitely struggled. To be honest, he looked tired more than anything. I don't think there's a problem with his recognition; he seemed gassed and not as strong as normal

Agree and I said this last night in the game thread....kid hit the wall a little bit. Training camp, preseason and now SIX games? Damn right it's tiring. He's young and in awesome shape...he'll recharge his batteries with help from our health and nutrition staff

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
D-law and Parsons going to help each other out a lot , no more double teams.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He has hit the wall. He opted out last year, has played 6 games this year. I think the rookie wall will come earlier for those that did not play in their last college season

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who would have thought after week 1 or 2 we would hardly mention his name after week 6. Not sure what Quinn's plan is for this kid but he needs to figure it out........fast. The kid has way too much talent to not make a min 2-3 impact plays per game. Figure it out Dan!!! lol

Who would’ve thought? Me.. I said it the entire time.

Hes a phenom pass rusher. At linebacker he’s just a normal rookie that has a lot of room to grow.

If you have Lawrence Taylor or Von Miller you don’t ask them to consistently play coverage.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Was at work and did not see the game, however I would imagine that once DLaw and Gallimore come back to help sure up the run D and he can just play LB, we'll see him make more impact plays