Twitter: Parson on his game

817Gill

Reaction score
Gotta be great every game right out of the gate to keep some people’s approval smh

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We keep hearing fans hoping for this, but Cox only played one defensive snap yesterday. He has played a total of 9 defensive snaps all season. I think it is probably unrealistic to think that he will all of a sudden be ready to play a significant role after the bye week.

What can I say? I keep hoping for the best but maybe the best isn't in the cards? He was supposed to be a gifted player that we were blessed to acquire in the 4th round. Maybe he'll be a pleasant surprise and maybe he won't. He's getting an extremely modest number of chances to show his wares but I'll keep hoping he suddenly blossoms into the being that my hopes suggest. If it takes a year or two, I'm willing to wait, though. I'm guessing the staff is giving him just enough chances to see if he does anything to suggest he's a catch. He just needs more time, by the looks of things. I think he'll get it, though. ;)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who would’ve thought? Me.. I said it the entire time.

Hes a phenom pass rusher. At linebacker he’s just a normal rookie that has a lot of room to grow.

If you have Lawrence Taylor or Von Miller you don’t ask them to consistently play coverage.

Yea I remember......I agree let him do what he does best but in their defense, it could be part of a long-range plan. In other words, we now have two pretty good starting pass rushers. Let's see what happens with them after the season before moving him there full-time.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Who would have thought after week 1 or 2 we would hardly mention his name after week 6. Not sure what Quinn's plan is for this kid but he needs to figure it out........fast. The kid has way too much talent to not make a min 2-3 impact plays per game. Figure it out Dan!!! lol

Parsons was out of place several times yesterday and he failed to shed blockers inside on a few trap plays. He didn't play his best game for sure.

JBond

Reaction score
Could be he is a rookie and other teams are game planning for him a little bit. The young man has a lot to learn at the pro level. That is why I advocate leave him at linebacker if that is going to be his position and let him learn it and get experiences...maybe by the end of the year he'll be more effective once he figures more things out. Talented young man now doubt.

Go Cowboys!
BB planned for him and ran plays the other way knowing Parsons would pursue like a maniac until he was exhausted.

stinkface

Reaction score
I saw one or two plays were he just plain didn't hustle to help with gang tackling the Patriots big back after he had hit the second level of the defense. Everyone has to hustle all the time. I am sure DQ will point those out to him.

visionary

Reaction score
He definitely struggled. To be honest, he looked tired more than anything. I don't think there's a problem with his recognition; he seemed gassed and not as strong as normal

this is what I’ve been saying for weeks as the masses started hyping him to play all sorts of positions. He’s a rookie. He has never played a 17 game season let alone 19-20 games . OSA is the same. They will need breaks or they will have nothing left in the post season

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Ummm….
Could moving him all around have affected him? We desperately need him at LB. Do you want to see only LVE and Neal at LB? Parsons tied for the team lead in tackles with 5. Let’s not forget that our offensive dominance severely limited NE’s time of possession and number of plays. This team is generating plenty of pressure so far, and that will improve with DLaw and Armstrong and Gallimore returning. I’d prefer the occasional blitz by Parsons, but this team needs his speed and instincts at the second level, and his experience and comfort at LB will be critical in the playoffs when the better teams want to run the ball, throw to RBs, and soften our front 7.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Who would have thought after week 1 or 2 we would hardly mention his name after week 6. Not sure what Quinn's plan is for this kid but he needs to figure it out........fast. The kid has way too much talent to not make a min 2-3 impact plays per game. Figure it out Dan!!! lol

Who did look good on defense yesterday? Diggs one good and one bad.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Ummm….
Could moving him all around have affected him? We desperately need him at LB. Do you want to see only LVE and Neal at LB? Parsons tied for the team lead in tackles with 5. Let’s not forget that our offensive dominance severely limited NE’s time of possession and number of plays. This team is generating plenty of pressure so far, and that will improve with DLaw and Armstrong and Gallimore returning. I’d prefer the occasional blitz by Parsons, but this team needs his speed and instincts at the second level, and his experience and comfort at LB will be critical in the playoffs when the better teams want to run the ball, throw to RBs, and soften our front 7.
They had.a 120 yardsruahing. 40 on 2 carries when Parsons was at end. Parsons is a good pass rusher but he looked tired. With Lawrence out it is what it is.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I honestly saw him running around half assed on many plays. Not sure if he has hit a wall, which is possible, or what. He just didn't appear to be into the game mentally.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
He and LVE were very Jaylon-like.

Largely ineffective for most of the game.

That said, I think he’ll come back on fire after the bye.