Twitter: Parsons: "I can get better everywhere"

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Can he play QB?

I mean our QB says that every year when we get bounced from the playoffs also...this one is still shiny so I'll give it a few years before you guys are calling for his head because he has not draggeed our boat anchor Owner/GM to a SB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Parsons will be doing very special things in football for a long while. We are extremely fortunate to have him.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Refreshing to hear. Reminds me of Emmitt Smith after his rookie year when he was asked in an interview if he thought he would be this great. He responded that he wasn't great and wouldn't be great until he led Dallas to the Super Bow, and won, and put up great career rushing stats like Walter Payton (may have also included Dorsett).

We have needed that attitude from out best players for years, not being characterized as "the least of our problems" or "fine".

Haimerej

Reaction score
I mean our QB says that every year when we get bounced from the playoffs also...this one is still shiny so I'll give it a few years before you guys are calling for his head because he has not draggeed our boat anchor Owner/GM to a SB.

What do you mean, "you guys"?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I really hate being negative but it won't matter at all. I really wish every player on the team had half as much passion and work ethic as Micah but they certainly do not. Thats been gone for a long time.

It is players like this that tend to help push and motivate others.

Praxit

Reaction score
..after another playoff exit next year. Getting better at all positions, might be pointless.

J_Allen

Reaction score
It is players like this that tend to help push and motivate others.

You are correct but this team is unlike any other in the NFL.

We need to get rid of a bunch of stars on this team who have never won and don't care to win. I'm talking about elliot, cooper, Lawrence. I'm sure there are more that I am overlooking. If we've never won anything with them, it won't hurt to let them go. I don't care how good they are.

shabazz

Reaction score
First current player Jersey I’ve bought since MB3.

…….and because of that Cowboys Jersey purchase, Jerry will stay in control one second more than he would have…..unless you bought bootleg:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You are correct but this team is unlike any other in the NFL.

We need to get rid of a bunch of stars on this team who have never won and don't care to win. I'm talking about elliot, cooper, Lawrence. I'm sure there are more that I am overlooking. If we've never won anything with them, it won't hurt to let them go. I don't care how good they are.

I can't honestly say they do not care about winning. I think people put their own feelings really without knowing how that player feels. There are many players past and present that have never won anything but anyone telling me guys like Marino did not care about winning is crazy. A guy like Elliott you can tell me he gets paid too much, I will agree but guys do not get out on the field with a torn PCL in their knee and do not care about winning, he could have easily said I'm hurt and can't go and still collected his money, they fact he was willing to do what was asked tells me a different story.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Dude is just too good to be true. I feel bad for him being a Cowboy.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I can't honestly say they do not care about winning. I think people put their own feelings really without knowing how that player feels. There are many players past and present that have never won anything but anyone telling me guys like Marino did not care about winning is crazy. A guy like Elliott you can tell me he gets paid too much, I will agree but guys do not get out on the field with a torn PCL in their knee and do not care about winning, he could have easily said I'm hurt and can't go and still collected his money, they fact he was willing to do what was asked tells me a different story.

It's obvious that Jones wanted Elliot out there because the other running backs hit the holes with so much more burst and speed. He could have have said no and I commend him for playing hurt, but he looks to be part of the problem here.

These past 26 years tell me these players don't care enough about doing anything in the playoffs. They are perfectly content with what they have. That really needs to change because following this team and admitting that you're a Dallas Cowboys fan has become an embarrassment.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's obvious that Jones wanted Elliot out there because the other running backs hit the holes with so much more burst and speed. He could have have said no and I commend him for playing hurt, but he looks to be part of the problem here.

These past 26 years tell me these players don't care enough about doing anything in the playoffs. They are perfectly content with what they have. That really needs to change because following this team and admitting that you're a Dallas Cowboys fan has become an embarrassment.

Given the fact we pass as well as run and as much as I like Pollard his ability to pass block out right sucks, teams coming with a blitz, I can't afford to have RB in the back field who can't pick up that blitzer. As I said I like Pollard but to be more of an every down back you have to take on the full role and that includes blitz pickups. It is something he needs to work on and improve on. You say that is what Jerry want? hell I want him to run as well but the reason he is playing was not because of Jerry. Jerry made it known fairly early on in the season he was not happy with Zuerline but guess what coaches wanted him there and he continue to take on the role of kicker, now if Jerry meddled half as much as people claim then Zuerline would have been off the team period.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Given the fact we pass as well as run and as much as I like Pollard his ability to pass block out right sucks, teams coming with a blitz, I can't afford to have RB in the back field who can't pick up that blitzer. As I said I like Pollard but to be more of an every down back you have to take on the full role and that includes blitz pickups. It is something he needs to work on and improve on. You say that is what Jerry want? hell I want him to run as well but the reason he is playing was not because of Jerry. Jerry made it known fairly early on in the season he was not happy with Zuerline but guess what coaches wanted him there and he continue to take on the role of kicker, now if Jerry meddled half as much as people claim then Zuerline would have been off the team period.

Apparently there wasn't anyone else out there to replace Zuerline because otherwise Jerry would have done it himself. I would have carried two kickers, one for extra points only.

As far as pass blocking, I don't think that's a good excuse to keep trotting Zeke out there with a torn ligament. Unless you just want to put him in there on passing plays and sprinkle in a few runs to keep the defense off guard as to why he's there.

This team is just unbelievable at times. The person I hate it for the most isn't the fans but Micah Parsons. I know what's going to happen to him and his career.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
someone pointed out that he is bigger and faster than derick henry. that's insane

Dont' know if he has the wiggle, vision, or hands for a tailback, but undoubtedly would make an incredible FB.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think everyone recognizes Parsons insane physical gifts and instincts but I still don’t think he gets enough credit for playing so many positions and roles in his rookie season. If he stays healthy, it’s scary to think what he can do next year in the same system.