Twitter: Parsons playing basketball

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Worts sports related injury I ever had was playing Basketball blew my right ankle out so bad it turned black almost up to my knee took 6 months to recover

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Basketball is one of the best sports a football player can play. Helps them stay in shape, and keeps their feet quick. It also helps work on instincts they need to play football. Being quick and avoiding people, or staying on them to guard them.

I'm all for this.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
as has been shown over the years, that meant nothing. Only morons still harp on it. Tom Brady several times took vacations during the bye week.
But of course for those morons that think this is important they have no explanation.

I agree. I think it's the fans who were too young back then to understand that players aren't slaves for their team; they're merely players.

It really is an immature way to look at things.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I wouldn't have an issue with my players balling during the off-season. I hurt myself a lot more lifting weights then I ever did playing basketball. But I would have in the contract "No motorcycles".

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bball all you want Parsons, stay hungry and kill it this year young stud.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Fans used to complain when Romo played golf back in the day -- I guess it's Parson's turn to take the heat now?! Seems to me like he's just trying to stay in shape. If he's able to stay healthy, maybe it's a good thing. Seems like we may be more concerned than the Cowboys' staff, by the looks of it. We seem like over-protective mothers, fussing over their little children. Athletes have outside lives, just like we do. At least, he taped his ankles. Let it go. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
TO said he played bball every off-season. It's a shame that if he got hurt some dudes with zero logic will start blaming him playing bball. He could get hurt the first day of training camp just the same. Smh

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I love seeing guys out there staying in shape and Basketball is a great way to do that. I want guys staying active and staying out of trouble.

Praxit

Reaction score
..let the guy play, he's still in 20's. Having blast in life. That will change after this season. Has lots of owning up to do. Benchmarks are set high.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy, but it always concerns me when guys play basketball in the off season. It's a notoriously brutal sport for lower body injuries.

Like the prior poster said, hopefully he's taping his ankles and what not. Back in the day basketball shoes used to actually offer ankle support. Not so much anymore.
It’s hard for us older guys, because we know how tenuous everything is, how injuries proliferate, and we’ve seen seasons ruined for good teams by freak accidents. But you can’t put these “indestructible” young guys in bubble wrap. They’re young, reckless, restless and relentless.

Reactions: CWR