Parsons (still) prefers Dallas

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It’s not impossible he falls either 3-4 qbs go in top 10. 2 ot. 2 receivers. Pitts and then one corner or two even if a qb doesn’t go. Hopefully we have a shot at him.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have the same view of Parson as I did with LVE at the time we drafted him ... I struggle with drafting a LB in the first round. Regardless their athleticism, I think we would better off drafting a DB, DL, OL or even QB in the first. And, if one of those is not available, trade down.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He’s the best defender in the draft, so he won’t be there at 10. If he is you turn in the card.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I found this summary by Jeremiah

He reminds me of: Jaylon Smith coming out of Notre Dame. I loved the way Smith played in college. If not for that gruesome injury he suffered against Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl, he would've been one of the first players off the board in the 2016 draft. He has since recovered to have an outstanding career in Dallas. Parsons has a similar build and playing style. They are both so explosive and aggressive. It's hard to find players with this type of agility and athleticism without sacrificing the size. If Parsons can stay healthy and continue to develop, he will emerge as one of the top five players in the country.

Scouting Micah Parsons: LB can be one of nation's top five players (nfl.com)
“Outstanding career in Dallas”??
Just no.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Parsons is overrated by this board and most early draft lists.
He is a heck of a player and athlete but probably more of a 10-15 area player than top 5.

He only had one elite year and then sat out like so many of these guys have.
Now there is no combine to see any football action.

Dane Brugler's take seems very accurate:
13. Micah Parsons, LB1, Penn State (6-3, 244)

Parsons is an excellent ball hunter due to his vision and agility near the line of scrimmage, also displaying exceptional sideline range. He needs to improve his maturity (on and off the field), spacing and anticipation in coverage, but the athleticism and budding awareness are there.

So many college kids that are athletic freaks just go get the ball. Rules don't apply to them. The other guys have gaps and roles and these guys just go murder the play.
It's really, really hard to then project that forward when a player has to be disciplined to a scheme.

Dallas could certainly use him and he fits any scheme. But do you want an off-ball LB with pick 10 on a defense with massive holes everywhere? Probably not.

All that said I give it up to the kid saying he wants to be a Cowboy knowing they pick 10th and he has been projected much higher in many mocks.
Pretty sure he'll have Sean Lee's vote.

Carson

Reaction score
I’m happy with Parsons unless Surtain is on the board

cnuball21

Reaction score
Parsons is overrated by this board and most early draft lists.
He is a heck of a player and athlete but probably more of a 10-15 area player than top 5.

He only had one elite year and then sat out like so many of these guys have.
Now there is no combine to see any football action.

Dane Brugler's take seems very accurate:
13. Micah Parsons, LB1, Penn State (6-3, 244)

Parsons is an excellent ball hunter due to his vision and agility near the line of scrimmage, also displaying exceptional sideline range. He needs to improve his maturity (on and off the field), spacing and anticipation in coverage, but the athleticism and budding awareness are there.

So many college kids that are athletic freaks just go get the ball. Rules don't apply to them. The other guys have gaps and roles and these guys just go murder the play.
It's really, really hard to then project that forward when a player has to be disciplined to a scheme.

Dallas could certainly use him and he fits any scheme. But do you want an off-ball LB with pick 10 on a defense with massive holes everywhere? Probably not.

All that said I give it up to the kid saying he wants to be a Cowboy knowing they pick 10th and he has been projected much higher in many mocks.
Pretty sure he'll have Sean Lee's vote.

Not sure you can knock him or any of the players for opting out this year.

Parsons and Farley are the best 2 defenders in the draft IMO...just bc they played college football during a global pandemic isn’t there fault.

And even if you think he’s a 10-15ish talent...we pick 10th and it’s a weak defensive class. The BPA will likely be an offensive player, which I can get on board with, but if the team is looking defense around 10 it’s a perfect fit IMO.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Gonna be interesting to see how the board falls.

if Parsons is available. He is likely BPA at 10. Almost certainly BPA for defense.

I’m sad there is no
Combine this year. That likely makes Parsons last longer than he would. Because Parsons would have dominated the combine.

cnuball21

Reaction score

if Parsons is available. He is likely BPA at 10. Almost certainly BPA for defense.

I’m sad there is no
Combine this year. That likely makes Parsons last longer than he would. Because Parsons would have dominated the combine.

Def stinks there is no combine but I don't think it will effect a lot of the top players stocks. They'll still have pro days.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not sure you can knock him or any of the players for opting out this year.

Parsons and Farley are the best 2 defenders in the draft IMO...just bc they played college football during a global pandemic isn’t there fault.

And even if you think he’s a 10-15ish talent...we pick 10th and it’s a weak defensive class. The BPA will likely be an offensive player, which I can get on board with, but if the team is looking defense around 10 it’s a perfect fit IMO.
I don't blame him for opting out but it does put everyone a year away from seeing him play.
And a guy who had maturity question marks can;t answer those at home in California away from his team.

He's a monster athlete and i'm sure he will help someone but he's not a guy I'd want for Dallas at 10.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't blame him for opting out but it does put everyone a year away from seeing him play.
And a guy who had maturity question marks can;t answer those at home in California away from his team.

He's a monster athlete and i'm sure he will help someone but he's not a guy I'd want for Dallas at 10.

If there are legit off the field concerns it's a pass for me...but I"ll defer to the team to do there homework and make that assessment as opposed to basing it off of what Bucky Brooks says.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If there are legit off the field concerns it's a pass for me...but I"ll defer to the team to do there homework and make that assessment as opposed to basing it off of what Bucky Brooks says.
I haven't even heard what Bucky Brooks said.
I heard what his teammate that sued PSU said about him.
I also heard Dane reference the maturity.

I don't know if he has major red flags but he certainly has a few and he's an off ball LB and he hasn't played in a year and Dallas has terrible luck with players who wanna spend all off season in California..
Enough "ands" there to scare me away.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I haven't even heard what Bucky Brooks said.
I heard what his teammate that sued PSU said about him.
I also heard Dane reference the maturity.

I don't know if he has major red flags but he certainly has a few and he's an off ball LB and he hasn't played in a year and Dallas has terrible luck with players who wanna spend all off season in California..
Enough "ands" there to scare me away.

I hear ya...I'll let the FO do their HW and if they agree with you I'm out.

If they get good reviews...the player is a monster.

Bowdown27

Reaction score

I’m sad there is no
That benefits us then lasting longer. My concern we pass on him and he goes to the giants.

J-man

Reaction score
I'm a huge Penn State fan and I live just outside of Harrisburg PA.
I have watched Micah play his entire life. There is no question the kid is a freak athlete.

Pros:
He has all the physical tools you could ever want in a defensive player; size, athleticism, toughness, strength and motor. He can make plays all along the line. He has the quickness, speed and power to get in the back field in a hurry. Disrupting both pass and run plays. He's a tackle machine, rarely misses when he has a chance to make a play. He can take over a game, at times.

Cons:
He has the motor, but can take plays off at times. I do not see him as a great coverage LB at all. At times, he doesn't diagnose plays extremely fast. He can be late on his reads and trail the play. He was not a good student and was very immature in high school. That immaturity carried over early on at PSU. As evident in his role in the hazing lawsuit.
However, from what I have heard from my source; who is an alum that sometimes works out and is friends with many of the team members, especially the LB's; since that incident he has greatly matured and buckled down. His grades would indicate that as they have improved drastically. And I have not heard anything but good things about him recently.

Take that for what it's worth. The teams will have to decide if they think he's matured enough to have that kind of $ and fame.

If Dallas drafts him at 10 and plays him close to the line I have no doubt they'd get a good football player.
But I'm not 100% sold they'd get a great football player, with zero issues.