Part of being a Cowboys fan is rooting against other teams

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think most of us have an easy time rooting against our divisional foes and some of our more hated rivals like SF and GB.

But what about other games which involve NFC teams which could impact our playoff seedings?

I’ve always believed this was a given we always root for what’s in the Cowboys best interest ?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Well in sports you have your destiny in your own hands so I always respected my (or in this case the Cowboys') opponents. I mean without them you wouldn't have a league to play in lol. And I don't really care about play off seeding. If other teams end up ahead of us they have earned it.

With that being said: F√¢§ YOU SanFran and Packers, wish you the worst. You and your pathetic little fans who think they're something special.

:flagwave:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think most of us have an easy time rooting against our divisional foes and some of our more hated rivals like SF and GB.

But what about other games which involve NFC teams which could impact our playoff seedings?

I’ve always believed this was a given we always root for what’s in the Cowboys best interest ?
Yes, I love watching the egirls and deadskins get spanked.

Mannix

Reaction score
I am 100% already regretting the Lions victory....it could REALLY haunt us 4 1/2 months from now.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Part of being a rational adult is realizing who you root for from your couch has absolutely no affect on anything.

If you don't fan the way I fan, then you're not really a fan. :rolleyes:

main-qimg-b028ded156ca0ceaaf5e9d6119b22f97-lq

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Half the people on this website root against the Cowboys. Just look at the people already dooming the season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Which isn’t the argument .
Agreed. This is the argument. It's a logical fallacy for a reason. See if you can grasp it.

"If you don't fan the way I fan then you're not really a fan." :rolleyes:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed. This is the argument. It's a logical fallacy for a reason. See if you can grasp it.

"If you don't fan the way I fan then you're not really a fan." :rolleyes:
I think we all would agree who we root for on our coach or wherever has no effect on results of the game.

Let me ask you this? Who did you think the Cowboys and front office at the Star in Frisco were rooting for tonight? And why?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Half the people on this website root against the Cowboys. Just look at the people already dooming the season.
Yea, who knows on this site. Lol

But I ran up against fans who don’t always root for what’s in the Cowboys best interest.

Their response is whatever they root for makes no impact on the result. Which we all know but is nothing more than deflecting the topic.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You always root for what's in the Cowboys' best interest (or seems to be at the time). That's cool.

But it's not a litmus test of Cowboys fandom. People can be Cowboys fans and enjoy other games however they choose.

As I said in the game thread, you're engaging in the No True Scotsman fallacy...oh, I see Jake has already posted that here.

For the record, I've been a rock-solid Cowboys fan for half a century, and I was rooting for the Lions tonight, because a Lions victory was way more entertaining than a Chiefs victory would have been.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You always root for what's in the Cowboys' best interest (or seems to be at the time). That's cool.

But it's not a litmus test of Cowboys fandom. People can be Cowboys fans and enjoy other games however they choose.

As I said in the game thread, you're engaging in the No True Scotsman fallacy...oh, I see Jake has already posted that here.

For the record, I've been a rock-solid Cowboys fan for half a century, and I was rooting for the Lions tonight, because a Lions victory was way more entertaining than a Chiefs victory would have been.
I understand but entertaining isn’t always what’s in the Cowboys best interest . As long as you understand that’s fine .

And that fallacy is simply trying to deflect my point and argument cause don’t agree or like the point.

At first I thought I was being misunderstood but I now realize they don’t like their fandom being called out,

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is that something I should care about? I don't think so.
Cowboys I’m close to always root for what’s in the Cowboys best interest. Even if it’s not entertaining for that particular game .

And for me yes, care what our team and front office are rooting for which should be aligned with the fans.

I get it and why I initially stated sometimes we must set our emotions to the side for a particular team side for what’s best for the team. Even if it seems remote in first week of the season .