Pat McQuistan

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Sarge;1477510 said:
The staffs opinion is definitely important. That doesn't mean they are always correct. Al Johnson, Jacob Rogers come immediately to mind. We'll see.

I've ALWAYS said, you can never have enough OL.

high 5 on that one, sarge.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Hard to say how many OTs we will carry under Wade. *I know what I think but what Wade thinks will be a learning experience.* Bill could always confuse me but in most cases by hindsight it worked out pretty well.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Hell yes we are getting ahead of ourselves; we are looking for anybody to replace flo'. Get him and his big contract out of here, the guy has been robbing us for a few years now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's put it this way, McQ should already be feeling the heat. I love me some competition.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
It's not you. People who haven't played much always seem to be the object of wild fantasies and projections around here (e.g. Drew Henson).

ddh33

Reaction score
No reason not to take a couple of swings at it...

Anyway, McQuistan was a guard in college, but he has somewhat proven himself as a tackle in this league. Marten and Free are both versatile as well, with an ability to play inside or outside. I think that is a huge plus to this team.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
ddh33;1479178 said:
No reason not to take a couple of swings at it...

Anyway, McQuistan was a guard in college, but he has somewhat proven himself as a tackle in this league. Marten and Free are both versatile as well, with an ability to play inside or outside. I think that is a huge plus to this team.

That's the thing, right there. Both of these guys (Mquistan, Marten) have been mentioned as being able to play both G and T. If I remember right, Parcells said that you should have 9 active O-lineman for gameday. That means 5 starters and 4 backups/special teamers. Their versatility may afford us to activate players at other positions rather than HAVING to activate 9 guys for gameday. Just a thought.

For the record, I wasn't high on our 3rd or 4th round picks (OL) when they were called, but I won't spend the next year crying about our newfound O-line depth either. We skipped a bunch of players I would have liked to have seen in silver and blue, but hopefully this means we don't see anymore $49,000,000 O-lineman contracts in the near future either.

SS

:star: