Patrick Crayton on NFL Live

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
khiladi;1737047 said:
You do realize that Crayton is being prompted with a question about the Pats...

The reason he was asked about the Pats is he wont shut up about them. Enough is enough already, move on!

PosterChild

Reaction score
I think Crayton is crazy like a fox, people:

To wit, I think he believes the Cowboys will get to the Super Bowl and play the Pats+ He thinks the rest of the team is somewhat intimidated by them (based on several comments about their attitude during the game)+ He is trying to motivate his team and instill confidence now...it's never too early.

That's what he's doing.

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday;1737098 said:
The reason he was asked about the Pats is he wont shut up about them. Enough is enough already, move on!

On, so it's Crayton's fault for being prompted by reporters about the Pats?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Ever think that maybe he is drawing the attention to himself so if we DO indeed meet them again this year, they key on him and not TO or Witten?

Mansta54

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737095 said:
As Jimmy once said if you’re going to talk the talk then you need to walk the walk. I want Crayton and the Cowboys to be confident I don't really care about him saying it to the media because it is all meaningless unless you go out and back it up. It is like Ram player promising a win over the Cowboys. Talk is cheap. I do think we can beat the Pats or anyone else if we cut down on unforced mistakes. We can get away with it that when playing lesser teams but you can't be making mistakes like 12 penalties against top notch teams.

I feel what you're saying but I wouldn't compare what Crayton is saying to the Rams guaranteeing a win over us. Crayton is confident cause we are 6-1 and feels like we could play with the Pats and beat them without the penalties, the Rams are a bad team and we're bad when he guaranteed that victory trying to motivate his team. Big difference there!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mansta54;1737113 said:
I feel what you're saying but I wouldn't compare what Crayton is saying to the Rams guaranteeing a win over us. Crayton is confident cause we are 6-1 and feels like we could play with the Pats and beat them without the penalties, the Rams are a bad team and we're bad when he guaranteed that victory trying to motivate his team. Big difference there!!

I understand but prove it on the field not at the studio. Saying it to ESPN is not motivating anyone doing it and saying it in the locker room, practice field and game day is where is all that counts the rest is hollow words. I'm not upset with Crayon I just think it holds no value in that setting.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
trickblue;1737110 said:
Ever think that maybe he is drawing the attention to himself so if we DO indeed meet them again this year, they key on him and not TO or Witten?

I don't think the Pats are that stupid. :laugh2: They know who are main weapons are

Mansta54

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737118 said:
I understand but prove it on the field not at the studio. Saying it to ESPN is not motivating anyone doing it and saying it in the locker room, practice field and game day is where is all that counts the rest is hollow words. I'm not upset with Crayon I just think it holds no value in that setting.

You're dead right, it holds no value at all but you have to understand why he feels that way and is expressing it. They are 6-1, playing good ball, played the Pats close for 3qtrs, and felt like they could beat them. Thats a good thing!!! I just don't see nothing wrong expressing that in a interview. I like it!!! By the way, they are proving it on the field by going 6-1, its a good thing dude..

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737119 said:
I don't think the Pats are that stupid. :laugh2: They know who are main weapons are

I know... I was being facetious...

I think what's really going on is Crayton's getting face time as this is the last year of his contract and he wants some recognition...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mansta54;1737127 said:
You're dead right, it holds no value at all but you have to understand why he feels that way and is expressing it. They are 6-1, playing good ball, played the Pats close for 3qtrs, and felt like they could beat them. Thats a good thing!!! I just don't see nothing wrong expressing that in a interview. I like it!!!

I understand it and as I said I'm not upset but I would just rather see it done than to hear about it. Just do it no need to go out and make these statements only guys that need to hear it are those you play with.

Manster68

Reaction score
Well, what is Crayton supposed to say?

"Oh, man! We stink! Dallas is nowhere near the Patriots level!"

Of course he is going to say his team is the best. I would be upset if he said anything else.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737118 said:

Some people perform beyond the call of duty when pressure is applied whether it is created externally or internally. Pressure motivates that is why some work better at a deadline. I like the throwing of the gauntlet, what better time then at the heart of our schedule.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
trickblue;1737130 said:
I know... I was being facetious...

I think what's really going on is Crayton's getting face time as this is the last year of his contract and he wants some recognition...

Maybe so I would rather see the recognition come from putting up big numbers on the field. Big time players don't need to tell you about it they go out and show you. I think it all just comes off as a little silly on his part.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737140 said:
Maybe so I would rather see the recognition come from putting up big numbers on the field. Big time players don't need to tell you about it they go out and show you. I think it all just comes off as a little silly on his part.

However, I doubt that his teammates feel the same way.

Mansta54

Reaction score
adbutcher;1737138 said:
Some people perform beyond the call of duty when pressure is applied whether it is created externally or internally. Pressure motivates that is why some work better at a deadline. I like the throwing of the gauntlet, what better time then at the heart of our schedule.

Well said again!!! Damn, you're on a roll today...:bow:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Manster68;1737136 said:

Of course he is going to say his team is the best. I would be upset if he said anything else.

He can always we shall see or 100 other statements but making these statements is like some idle threat that holds no water. You think anyone besides Cowboy fans looked at that and said wow Pats are in trouble now? Hell no. Go out and do the damn job that is what it is all about. I like Pat and have defended him for a while around here as more than just some 3rd string WR but if you want attention do it where it matters.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Manster68;1737136 said:

How hard is it to say "NO COMMENT" I am not talking about Pats anymore we are focused on trying to win a tough road game this week in Philly?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
adbutcher;1737138 said:

Then throw the gautlet at an upcoming opponent not one that recently beat you by 21 points. Calling out a team that just beat you is sour grapes to me.