Patrick Crayton on NFL Live

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1737149 said:
He can always we shall see or 100 other statements but making these statements is like some idle threat that holds no water. You think anyone besides Cowboy fans looked at that and said wow Pats are in trouble now? Hell no. Go out and do the damn job that is what it is all about. I like Pat and have defended him for a while around here as more than just some 3rd string WR but if you want attention do it where it matters.

"Make no doubt about it, we..will win the game. Print it bold letters."

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Doomsday;1737020 said:
Why Crayton why? I love the confidence but sorry dude you sound like a bitter old lady.

Ahhh...lighten up....the guy is confident, not to mention probably half-joking...nothing wrong with that.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1737162 said:
He must've left work early. :laugh2:

Close. Our quarter ended last Friday. So although I am still at work I have a little more disposable time, at least for the time being, lol.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737140 said:
Maybe so I would rather see the recognition come from putting up big numbers on the field. Big time players don't need to tell you about it they go out and show you. I think it all just comes off as a little silly on his part.

Crayton won't be seeing the Pats for awhile, I hope you don't expect he show you something anytime soon

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I love Crayton as a player and I don't mind some bravado, but unfortunately his bold and crass comments about a great team, (who I detest), who just kicked our butts in our own back yard remind me a little too much of Hollywood Henderson calling out Terry Bradshaw before SB XIII. We see how that turned out with Bradshaw dominating and winning the SB MVP.

Play the game and leave the trash talk out of it.

bigE79

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1737515 said:
I love Crayton as a player and I don't mind some bravado, but unfortunately his bold and crass comments about a great team, (who I detest), who just kicked our butts in our own back yard remind me a little too much of Hollywood Henderson calling out Terry Bradshaw before SB XIII. We see how that turned out with Bradshaw dominating and winning the SB MVP.

Play the game and leave the trash talk out of it.
I believe T.H backed up what he said,sacking and stripping the ball with hegmen for a td.It wasnt his fault we had 2 very weak corners...BARNES and KYLE,and RANDY WHITE trying to return kickoff with broke rt hand,and of course,JACKIE.:star:

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
bigE79;1737659 said:
I believe T.H backed up what he said,sacking and stripping the ball with hegmen for a td.It wasnt his fault we had 2 very weak corners...BARNES and KYLE,and RANDY WHITE trying to return kickoff with broke rt hand,and of course,JACKIE.:star:

Ditto. The trash talk had little to do with nothing especially with Henderson’s play. I don't know why this is being made a big deal. From what I gather, this is no different then the Playmaker, Primetime, Jimmy Johnson, or Haley’s brashness. It is good to be confident instead of living by the rule of fear from the prior regimes. I say bring back our swagger because for the second half of the season we need it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1737419 said:
Crayton won't be seeing the Pats for awhile, I hope you don't expect he show you something anytime soon

I expect all player do perform when they are on the field. I'm not upset or mad at Crayton but I would rather see him run his routs than his mouth right now and make plays. Talking about what you are going to do? just do it you don't need to talk about it.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
adbutcher;1737731 said:
Ditto. The trash talk had little to do with nothing especially with Henderson’s play. I don't know why this is being made a big deal. From what I gather, this is no different then the Playmaker, Primetime, Jimmy Johnson, or Haley’s brashness. It is good to be confident instead of living by the rule of fear from the prior regimes. I say bring back our swagger because for the second half of the season we need it.

To me the big difference is that when Jimmy and the players you mentioned said those things we were clearly the better team! In that 2nd NFC Championship Game we dominated the 49ers. Jimmy's comments were great but that had little to do with winning that game. We were much better than that '93 49er team.

But the 2007 Cowboys --at this point in the season--are not as good as NE and that was clearly demonstrated to any rational, intellectually honest observer a few weeks ago. For Crayton to talk trash to a NE team that put almost 50 points on our defense, in our stadium, is foolhardy and makes him look ridiculous.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1736977 said:
wingo: so you said you want to play the pats again, are you sure bout that?
crayton: yeah, they are the so- called best so we wanna play the best.
wingo: so-called best? who do you think is the best?
crayton: the cowboys
wingo: but they beat you guys
crayton: well even the sun shines on a dogs "bleep" once in a while

That's pretty funny, nicely done Patrick...:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This reminds me a bit of the early 49ers teams and the Jimmy J. Cowboys. We lost to the 49ers in the NFC championship game and everybody made a big deal of the fact that they were better but the Cowboys didn't believe that. The next year, we beat them.

I watched that interview and I did not think Crayton was disrespectful or even came off as rediculous or stupid. In fact, I noted that when addressing Wingo, he called him Mr. Wingo. In fact, he thanked Mr. Wingo for interviewing him. He came off well IMO.

He simply said what I hope everybody on that team is thinking. They can beat New England. I'm on record as saying that I think we are better. I've said it a couple times now. I believe that we can beat that team if we play 4 Quarters of good football. Don't care where we play them, I think we can beat them.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Doomsday;1737020 said:
Why Crayton why? I love the confidence but sorry dude you sound like a bitter old lady.

No he does not. He sounds like someone wanting to prove something.