Patrick Crayton

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I am very impressed with him as a legit #2 WR.

Great hands, gets open and makes plays. He has been a saviour this season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Me too. I hope Miami doesn't get him.

I have a feeling Parcells is going to try and pick us apart.

Woods

Reaction score
Nors;1853680 said:

I really like Crayton and hope we re-sign him, but in an ideal world he would be my number 3 wideout.

Too bad Glenn isn't a few years younger and a couple operations healthier. The combo of TO, Glenn, and Crayton would have been deadly.

Personally, assuming we re-sign Crayton this off-season (or before), I think we will either pick-up another WR in FA or draft a WR Day 1. I think unfortunately this is the last hoorah for Glenn.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'd say you're easily impressed if Crayton has impressed you as a #2.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Woods;1853693 said:
I really like Crayton and hope we re-sign him, but in an ideal world he would be my number 3 wideout.

Too bad Glenn isn't a few years younger and a couple operations healthier. The combo of TO, Glenn, and Crayton would have been deadly.

Personally, assuming we re-sign Crayton this off-season (or before), I think we will either pick-up another WR in FA or draft a WR Day 1. I think unfortunately this is the last hoorah for Glenn.

In an ideal world i'd like him as a #3 as well but he could be a #2 on so many teams that we would be lucky to get him back to put him in that roll.

Hes a good # 2 receiver.

Woods

Reaction score
CATCH17;1853687 said:
Me too. I hope Miami doesn't get him.

I have a feeling Parcells is going to try and pick us apart.

In terms of players he can possibly get from us, there's Crayton, Flo, K Davis, J Jones, Hamlin, and Reeves. Is there anyone else? MBIII is a restricted FA, and no way is BP going to give us a Round 1 pick for him (assuming we tender him that high).

Out of the above names, I'd definitely want to keep Hamlin, Flo, and Crayton. I think J Jones is gone anyway, so if BP wants him, good luck to him. For the right price, I'd like K Davis as well.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
So, you're a scout right?

Hey, I love PC, but he's at his best as a #3 -- and yes, I'd love to resign him. But he's taken advantage of the fact TO get doubled.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Nors;1853680 said:

How so? There aren't a lot of # 2's with better numbers. And you know really he is our #3 when you factor in Witten. Given the oppurtunities he has had he has been a better than average #2. No Witten and he easily has 1,000 yards by now.

Woods

Reaction score
CATCH17;1853707 said:
In an ideal world i'd like him as a #3 as well but he could be a #2 on so many teams that we would be lucky to get him back to put him in that roll.

Hes a good # 2 receiver.

Yes, he's a good WR. But IF J Jones doesn't want to pony up the money for Crayton, my best guess is that Jerry will be looking to upgrade the position.

Jerry has already said he wants to surround Romo with weapons this off-season.

Heck, after giving Romo a 67.5mm contract, he would be crazy not to (Philly crazy, that is).

FiveTime

Reaction score
If Parcells does sign him it will be for no. 2 or 3 money. He isn't going to get an Alvin Harper no. 1 deal.

Woods

Reaction score
FiveTime;1853727 said:
If Parcells does sign him it will be for no. 2 or 3 money. He isn't going to get an Alvin Harper no. 1 deal.

Yes, I think you're correct. BP typically doesn't like to overpay. He likes those "bargain" FAs for the MOST part. I don't think Crayton is going be at a "bargain" price.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If you're going to sign another solid recevier in FA, might as well sign Crayton.

I also think he would be a heck of a 3rd WR, this means I would sell the farm this offseason to get Roy Williams from Detroit in a trade or Fitzgerald in a trade.

I really don't care if I have to give up both 1st to get them, at least we know who and what they are as players in the pros, and this takes away the gamble factor in the draft (not knowing if you're getting a deal or a dud factor)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crayton has really come through for us all season long. One of the most encouraging discoveries this season is that we have some decent backup talent at WR, something we probably wouldn't know if not for Glenn's injury. I'd love to see Glenn, Hurd, Austin and Stanback against the Skins, just to see what they can do.

Woods

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1853744 said:
Crayton has really come through for us all season long. One of the most encouraging discoveries this season is that we have some decent backup talent at WR, something we probably wouldn't know if not for Glenn's injury. I'd love to see Glenn, Hurd, Austin and Stanback against the Skins, just to see what they can do.

I think you're going to get your wish with TO out that game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Clove;1853743 said:
If you're going to sign another solid recevier in FA, might as well sign Crayton.

I also think he would be a heck of a 3rd WR, this means I would sell the farm this offseason to get Roy Williams from Detroit in a trade or Fitzgerald in a trade.

I really don't care if I have to give up both 1st to get them, at least we know who and what they are as players in the pros, and this takes away the gamble factor in the draft (not knowing if you're getting a deal or a dud factor)
There's a decent chance we wouldn't have to trade for Fitzgerald. He's schedule to make something like $16 million next year. Either he gets cut or they re-work the contract, but there's no way they pay him that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
theogt;1853749 said:
There's a decent chance we wouldn't have to trade for Fitzgerald. His base salary is something like $14 million next year. Either he gets cut or they re-work the contract.
Would this be next year or the year after?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Fitzgerald will not be a Cowboy in 2008.

jmo

I think 2nd to 3rd round we mine a WR in draft.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clove;1853743 said:

How many times would you touch a red hot horseshoe? You are not reading a biography of St, Gibbs, are you?

:confused:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors;1853761 said:
Fitzgerald will not be a Cowboy in 2008.

jmo

I think 2nd to 3rd round we mine a WR in draft.
I don't think so either because I think Mr Jones may sell the farm to get McFad. Adding a super star to a stacked roster like the Pats did, would absolutely turn our team into UNSTOPPABLE status.