Patrick Crayton

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clove;1853803 said:
Honestly, i'm not not trying to get in a debate over this cause that's just not me, but when I look at the draft picks over the last several years, I see guys like Spears/Carpenter/Spencer these are all later picks in the 1st round.

We don't need quanity anymore, we need QUALITY. Yeah we have 2 1st round picks but let's be honest here. Both picks will be in their 20s and basically our pick should be like an early 2nd round pick it will be so far down.

So it's like giving up a late 1st and an early second to get a top 5 WR, or at least that's where he was picked in the draft.

Now if we were rebuilding or trying to get our roster built up, then I want all the picks I can get. We can afford to go after caviar now.

And on that note, have a good day guys debating this. :)

All what you just said may be true. However, what would be the cap hit to sign ONE expensive player rather than drafting one, two, or three other players with a friendly cap hit? I mean, really, you CAN find good players in the draft.

And what if the expensive player that the Boyz gave away their two 1st rounders for got injured? Now you are stuck with nothing!

:laugh2:

Natedawg44

Reaction score
burmafrd;1853800 said:
Crayton is a TOP #3. He is a pretty good #2. I think some team is going to throw more money at him then Dallas wants to pay.

I agree there is going to be rediculous money thrown around this offseason with the number of teams that are so far under the salary cap. Someone will give him what we used to think is number one money. We have alot of people coming up and I think it is a luxury not a priorty for a number 2 like him. I think we should franchise Flo, get Barber and Canty locked up and start talking to Ware and Newman. Hamlin and Crayton are luxuries at this point and I can deal with a combo of Glenn, Hurd, Austin Stanback and a rookie WR at the #2. I can deal with Watkins, Brown and possibly another rook at FS. I think the money going to Crayton and Hamlin are going to astound us.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Clove;1853803 said:
Honestly, i'm not not trying to get in a debate over this cause that's just not me, but when I look at the draft picks over the last several years, I see guys like Spears/Carpenter/Spencer these are all later picks in the 1st round.

We don't need quanity anymore, we need QUALITY. Yeah we have 2 1st round picks but let's be honest here. Both picks will be in their 20s and basically our pick should be like an early 2nd round pick it will be so far down.

So it's like giving up a late 1st and an early second to get a top 5 WR, or at least that's where he was picked in the draft.

Now if we were rebuilding or trying to get our roster built up, then I want all the picks I can get. We can afford to go after caviar now.

And on that note, have a good day guys debating this. :)
Personally I'd take Spencer, Carpenter, and Spears (with Barber) over McFadden.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CATCH17;1853809 said:
But what if McFadden is the next LT/Peterson?

We could get a guy with League MVP Talent to match with our dominant QB.

Its a lot to give up but we may get a lot back.

what if he's the next bo jackson.
blair thomas.
or countless of other "can't misses" that missed?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
theebs;1853802 said:
that was the hands team bro. that is a different group on that return and the blocking and alignment is totally different.

All crayton really had to do in that situation was catch the ball and make sure he has it.

Why would they have the hands team in with 5 minutes to go? Did they really think an on-side kick was coming when Carolina had 2 TOs?

I missed the details of that play because I had a lot of people over and when I looked up and saw Crayton stopping at the 10 yard line I was disgusted since we really needed good field position at that point in the game.

The thought of an on-side kick never entered my mind in that situation.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;1853823 said:

And save those two 1st rounders for bargaining chips...

The Galloway trade still haunts me!

;)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1853827 said:
Why would they have the hands team in with 5 minutes to go? Did they really think an on-side kick was coming when Carolina had 2 TOs?

I missed the details of that play because I had a lot of people over and when I looked up and saw Crayton stopping at the 10 yard line I was disgusted since we really needed good field position at that point in the game.

The thought of an on-side kick never entered my mind in that situation.

yeah that is what it was. Laufenberg couldnt believe they didnt onsides there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
iceberg;1853825 said:
what if he's the next bo jackson.
blair thomas.
or countless of other "can't misses" that missed?

If hes the next Bo Jackson then sign me up.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
if we lose Crayton, I hope some vertical passing team signs him

I just don't want to see the dude in Philly catching 1st downs against our zone coverage

as far as the draft, give me McFadden, or else you better give me Antoine Cason and Jonathan Stewart

jay cee

Reaction score
theogt;1853823 said:

I'd trade all 4 of them in a heartbeat for McFadden.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CATCH17;1853837 said:
If hes the next Bo Jackson then sign me up.

yea, bo had a hell of a football career well worth 3 or more 1st rounders. : )