Patrick Crayton

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
5Stars;1853765 said:
How many times would you touch a red hot horseshoe? You are not reading a biography of St, Gibbs, are you?

:confused:
The difference is that they're proven players. Gibbs and Danny go after mediocre players.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
5Stars;1853765 said:
How many times would you touch a red hot horseshoe? You are not reading a biography of St, Gibbs, are you?

:confused:
Who would you draft with both first?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
IMO, I would easily take a Fitzgerald and give back Carpenter and Spears (2 first rounders) but that's just me.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
theogt;1853770 said:
The difference is that they're proven players. Gibbs and Danny go after mediocre players.

Maybe? But both 1st rounders?

Man, that's a risk that I'm not so sure about. But then again, what do I know?

;)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;1853770 said:

Dont forget Vinny Cerrato, he may be the worst personnell man in the league. He is basically a cash register for snyder's meddling and fantasy football philosophy on personnel.

It only took marty like a month before he fired cerrato. Ironically though I believe cerrato did all the heavy lifting scouting owens for the niners.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Why mortgage future for a #1 overall RB when you have Pro Bowler MB3. In a very deep RB draft class to boot. Thats a Lacewell/JJ move......I hope we are past that.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Nors;1853680 said:
I am very impressed with him as a legit #2 WR.

Great hands, gets open and makes plays. He has been a saviour this season.

he's an excellent #3, a pretty darn good #2, but has no business returning a kick ever again.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;1853774 said:

I would not have any idea, but there can be some leverage during the draft to pick up maybe 3 or 4 other players with those two number ones...depending how how they can wheel and deal.

I just don't like the idea of trading away draft picks because there have been too many times that a team trades for a player and that player does not work out in the new scheme/team.

;)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Clove;1853774 said:

Why in the world wouldnt you. We have no glaring holes and those two 1's will be extremely cap friendly and can play special teams and learn the game. there will be no need to hurry them.

That is the best situation there is.

having 3 picks in the top 58 or 60 with an already excellent team is a luxury that only happens once in a while.

we can keep ourselves cap friendly, young and competitive all the years we have romo, that should be the goal.

Woods

Reaction score
Nors;1853778 said:
Why mortgage future for a #1 overall RB when you have Pro Bowler MB3. In a very deep RB draft class to boot. Thats a Lacewell/JJ move......I hope we are past that.

I actually agree with you on this one.

This appears to be a good RB class. Plus, we need to add a CB and WR in the draft as well. I'd like to keep our picks, all things equal.

The other point is that if we did draft DMac, we probably couldn't afford MBIII and DMac down the line. I think MBIII is more than good enough to get the job done, but we should get a better complement for him Day 1 if and when JJ is gone.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Crayton is a TOP #3. He is a pretty good #2. I think some team is going to throw more money at him then Dallas wants to pay.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
He might be a #2 receiver but I can tell you one thing he certainly IS NOT...a KR. :D

That might be the sorriest KR I've ever witnessed in an NFL game last night... Run up to the 10 yard line and stop while no one is within 5 yards. Whose idea was it to put him back there?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1853801 said:
He might be a #2 receiver but I can tell you one thing he certainly IS NOT...a KR. :D

That might be the sorriest KR I've ever witnessed in an NFL game last night... Run up to the 10 yard line and stop while no one is within 5 yards. Whose idea was it to put him back there?

that was the hands team bro. that is a different group on that return and the blocking and alignment is totally different.

All crayton really had to do in that situation was catch the ball and make sure he has it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Honestly, i'm not not trying to get in a debate over this cause that's just not me, but when I look at the draft picks over the last several years, I see guys like Spears/Carpenter/Spencer these are all later picks in the 1st round.

We don't need quanity anymore, we need QUALITY. Yeah we have 2 1st round picks but let's be honest here. Both picks will be in their 20s and basically our pick should be like an early 2nd round pick it will be so far down.

So it's like giving up a late 1st and an early second to get a top 5 WR, or at least that's where he was picked in the draft.

Now if we were rebuilding or trying to get our roster built up, then I want all the picks I can get. We can afford to go after caviar now.

And on that note, have a good day guys debating this. :)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
burmafrd;1853800 said:
Crayton is a TOP #3. He is a pretty good #2. I think some team is going to throw more money at him then Dallas wants to pay.

The eagles wanted him last year but didnt want to pay the restricted free agent price tag that was on him. So it would suck if he ends up there.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
CATCH17;1853687 said:
Me too. I hope Miami doesn't get him.

I have a feeling Parcells is going to try and pick us apart.

Yeah, but I believe Patrick is smart enough to know that if he left Dallas for Miami, he'd never see the playoffs again. The Dolphins have to completely rebuild.

It's not going to be an overnight process. Crayton will stay in Dallas, where the spot light is white hot, and an organization that will be contending for years to come.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I want Ray Rice or Steve Slaton with one of our 1sts.

Crayton is a solid NFL receiver. I feel confident when he is out there. Player

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But what if McFadden is the next LT/Peterson?

We could get a guy with League MVP Talent to match with our dominant QB.

Its a lot to give up but we may get a lot back.

Woods

Reaction score
Clove;1853803 said:
Honestly, i'm not not trying to get in a debate over this cause that's just not me, but when I look at the draft picks over the last several years, I see guys like Spears/Carpenter/Spencer these are all later picks in the 1st round.

We don't need quanity anymore, we need QUALITY. Yeah we have 2 1st round picks but let's be honest here. Both picks will be in their 20s and basically our pick should be like an early 2nd round pick it will be so far down.

So it's like giving up a late 1st and an early second to get a top 5 WR, or at least that's where he was picked in the draft.

Now if we were rebuilding or trying to get our roster built up, then I want all the picks I can get. We can afford to go after caviar now.

And on that note, have a good day guys debating this. :)

I think Spencer has a very bright future with us.

As for Carp, maybe just the wrong player for our current scheme.

But overall, I DO think that we've been hitting more than we've been missing the last 3-4 years.