Patrick Peterson & Cardinals parting ways

Section446

Reaction score
Same reason you do. It’s the Cowboys.
"Because it's the Cowboys" doesn't carry the same weight it used to. If you're someone born after 1996, you can't tell the difference between the Lions, Bengals, Browns, and Cowboys.

Cebrin

Reaction score
He's washed.
True, though his version of washed is still likely an improvement. Not worth it though. If he's cheap I'd do it just for the young guys to have someone like that to learn from, but I don't see it happening.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"Because it's the Cowboys" doesn't carry the same weight it used to. If you're someone born after 1996, you can't tell the difference between the Lions, Bengals, Browns, and Cowboys.
Then why are you following the “**** hole” team?

Shane612

Reaction score
Why would he want to come to this **** show?
Maybe he would like to wear a star on his helmet.
I think the cowboys franchise still have some mystic to it...although it has lost some of it's luster in the laat 25 years.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think the cowboys franchise still have some mystic to it...although it has lost some of it's luster in the laat 25 years.
Only fans care about that junk

Verdict

Reaction score
Peterson isn't the guy he was 5 years ago, but he is still better than anything we have right now. He would be an instant upgrade. And some veteran leadership on the back end would be of great value.

But as always, it will come down to $$$$$$
No. He’s not better than anything we have.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I don't think so.
There was a time when becoming a QB for the "Dallas Freak'n Cowboys" meant something.
That applied to other positions as well.
Whose the last relevant player to come because we are the Cowboys? I'll wait.

fansince68

Reaction score
Have no fear Zoners. Little Stevie is already working on a honest offer consisting of $50, free parking, all you can eat tacos and a 10% discount at the merch store
Don't forget about the wonderful "exposure" he would get by being a Cowboy. He might get to be a Dallas area disjockey once his career is over. Oh the possibilities....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
True, though his version of washed is still likely an improvement. Not worth it though. If he's cheap I'd do it just for the young guys to have someone like that to learn from, but I don't see it happening.
Over the last 3 seasons, he's been considerably worse than Chido.

quickccc

Reaction score
We need some veteran leadership in our secondary. He or Sherman would be a good start.

they are on the declining side of 30's and be more suited to one year rental deals ...while we draft a regarded CB in the 2nd or 3rd rd. .
I still like the idea of Sherman moved to FS - Peterson was getting beat than any part of his career- it's a reason why Cards are moving on from him.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Actually i would just rather draft Farley or Surtain at 10, and go from there. Maybe sign Simmons at FS as a FA. Will have a pretty good secondary right there. Diggs, Farley/Surtain, Wilson, Simmons.
yep, at corner first we need to be looking to get younger and more athletic. after that, if a veteran with something left is available on an affordable deal sign him for depth & mentoring.

now if you can bring in someone who can successfully transition from corner to safety, that would be appealing.

Section446

Reaction score
I don't think it means a whole lot anymore. This team is a disgrace.