Patrick Robinson "expected to sign" Per Rapoport

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hope they're friendly. Robinson isn't worth more. Morris only makes sense as a goal line type back. While I could easily see him improving his yards per carry in Dallas he is a one dimensional player. I want a run/pass threat out of the backfield at all times.

I agree concerning Morris.

However I will say this.

I am ok if they sign him now just in case we get cute in the draft like last year and walk away without any RB at all. Then wind up scrounging in FA or through trade for backup part time RBs like we did last year.

John813

Reaction score
I'm not either. Can't be excited about a player whose production has steadily dropped over the past four years.

It'll be a team friendly deal, more than likely. I see it as a show me what you got in TC/PS or you have a good chance at being cut.

Not saying anyone should be jumping up and down over Morris, but it won't be a signing that'll force us to keep/play him if he is truly on the decline.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I agree concerning Morris.

However I will say this.

I am ok if they sign him now just in case we get cute in the draft like last year and walk away without any RB at all. Then wind up scrounging in FA or through trade for backup part time RBs like we did last year.

I hope so a DMC/Alfred backfield is about as awesome as giving the ball to Hambrick.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ian Crapoport strikes again!

alien-baby.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah the more i think about it the more depressing it gets they aren't taking another top RB. I just don't get it this organization has never been a legit team when they haven't taken the bellcow approach.

I'm a bellcow running back fan too. Just not if it now means using the #4 overall pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It'll be a team friendly deal, more than likely. I see it as a show me what you got in TC/PS or you have a good chance at being cut.

Not saying anyone should be jumping up and down over Morris, but it won't be a signing that'll force us to keep/play him if he is truly on the decline.

I'd feel slightly better about it if that is truly the case, but even then, I don't have a lot of excitement or faith in Morris being any sort of an answer.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I know Carr isn't worth the money he is getting paid but is this guy an upgrade over Carr? It seem as if we are doing nothing more than trading scrubs for scrubs.

coult44

Reaction score
or any offseason lol

Y'all crack me up with this stuff. Enough with the negative source-media garbage. Everyone out there saying it's done. None of them are spot on all the time, but if everyone out there is saying its done then stop.

What's up with the jealous attitudes about who gets to say something first about a signing?
#maturity

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
any move that lets us get rid of Carr is a good move. That being said I'm sure this FO is planning to keep him around one more year. Guess I see their point, it would be awfully hard to replace his level of production.