Patrick Robinson "expected to sign" Per Rapoport

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I'm sorry, still missing the part where he says Goff is a better pick than Ramsey. He said a franchise QB is a better pick than an impact player. Which means absolutely nothing.

I'll admit I can't find the source right now so could be wrong about the direct comparison of Goff over Ramsey. SWEAR I read it here though! :D Bit frustrating without a search button. But wouldn't be fair to claim SJ compared the two specifically without citation.

I do think the innuendos lead us to Goff and Ramsey may being gone to SD

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, you will never know in advance if the player is a franchise QB. You know it when he plays for you in this league for a while. So even if the Cowboys would say that the player is a franchise QB I wouldn't believe it until I see it and for that you have to draft him first.

Well in a little more than a month the question will be answered on what the Cowboys think.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=397343

Stephen Jones says the Cowboys would take franchise QB over impact player with 4th pick
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...orner-blog/article62089982.html#storylink=cpy

"But there is also a good chance that either Cal’s Jared Goff or North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz —the top two quarterbacks in the draft — would still be on the board as well.
As of now, Jones said a franchise quarterback trumps all.

"I mean you have to look at it," Jones said. "You’re not naive to it, but if you have the opportunity in this league, in our situation, to get a potential franchise quarterback, then you have to make the investment. You have to have the patience. You sacrifice maybe that opportunity that maybe is impactful right now."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...orner-blog/article62089982.html#storylink=cpy

We'll yes.
http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=397343

Stephen Jones says the Cowboys would take franchise QB over impact player with 4th pick

"But there is also a good chance that either Cal’s Jared Goff or North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz —the top two quarterbacks in the draft — would still be on the board as well.
As of now, Jones said a franchise quarterback trumps all.

"I mean you have to look at it," Jones said. "You’re not naive to it, but if you have the opportunity in this league, in our situation, to get a potential franchise quarterback, then you have to make the investment. You have to have the patience. You sacrifice maybe that opportunity that maybe is impactful right now."

Well yes. Everyone would.

My problem is I think Goff and Wentz are nice prospects. I don't think they are franchise prospects.

I suspect the Cowboys believe the same.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We'll yes.

My problem is I think Goff and Wentz are nice prospects. I don't think they are franchise prospects.

Considering Goff beat Rodgers recordw it's hard to say with any certainty. At the end of the day. Lynch could turn into a franchise QB. No one ever really knows.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
We'll yes.

That's fair, I thought I was seeing SJ feel out the fan base in regards to a QB while still supporting Romo, etc. Definitely been wrong before, but his line of thinking pointed towards QB (in my opinion). Comments like this, "but if you have the opportunity in this league, in our situation, to get a potential franchise quarterback, then you have to make the investment. You have to have the patience. You sacrifice maybe that opportunity that maybe is impactful right now."

I took that as QB over a Ramsey, Elliott, Bosa type of pick. Especially regarding sacrificing the now for the later and the reference to "patience" as related to Romo still being here and not coming in as an immediate starter; the other picks would be expected to be immediate contributors.

Last edited:

LittleD

Reaction score
We'll yes.

With the way the game is being played by the Dallas FO these days and every deal is cost conscious. Would
you expect the Cowboys to pay 3-5mil per year for a young, inexperienced player to stand on the sidelines and
carry a clipboard. They will get someone who can get in the game and possibly make a difference.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll yes.

That's the rub.

I think Goff's a franchise player. Wentz I'm on the fence about.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That's the rub.

I think Goff's a franchise player. Wentz I'm on the fence about.

That's kind of the way I see it. The franchise qbs are that because their mental abilities reading defenses and accuracy, not because they are a big athletic guy. Not that Wentz can't do that, he just has more to go there.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
You sure are fond of unprovable declarations. Please give a comparable act from the 90s. Bosa isn't drafting for backups for all the hyperbole.

I am with Bob Sturm. I don't think there's any way we use the #4 pick to draft a temporary need.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I am with Bob Sturm. I don't think there's any way we use the #4 pick to draft a temporary need.

Temporary need? Gregory is one more failed test from the rest of the season.

As for Sturm:

I couldn't agree with him more.