Patrik With a K Walter just explained Jerry's plan

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s been a few threads complaining about how Jerry has no plan. Well, here it is. By the way he owned the negative Nancy who sent in the question.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-why-not-play-hardball-with-contracts

I'm tired of the Cowboys being wishy-washy in these contract negotiations. They drag their feet and then wind up paying even more in the end. Why not play hardball? CeeDee Lamb is already under contract for this season and they can use the franchise tag on him for the next two years after that. If he and his agent are going to play games or not negotiate in good faith, then he can sit out and lose money. Don't the Cowboys have to stop this ridiculous cycle?Richard Gaines/Oklahoma City, OK

Patrik
: Oh, Richard. There's a lot to unpack in your very emotional response to a very normal thing in this business, but I'll push the socks and shirts in your luggage out of the way and get right to the pants here. In case you missed it while you were typing, you literally just described them playing hardball. Dragging feet, as you labeled it, is a form of hardball. Otherwise, they'd just set the market every single time without negotiating. Isn't that what led them to two franchise tags on Dak Prescott and two franchise tags on DeMarcus Lawrence? I could go on here showing you that they're already doing what you're demanding they do, and they've been doing it for years, which creates situations like holdouts as an eventual symptom (also, have you looked around the league at holdouts or …?), and then you get irate at the symptom of the thing you demanded they do and keep doing. So, again, the Cowboys have long played hardball, so if that's what you want(ed), grab a rake and help with all of the "falling leaves" — gleefully. Otherwise, what you actually are is just upset it takes so much to get deals done in Dallas, and that means you're inherently tired of them playing hardball and would rather not have to deal with holdouts at all. Good talk.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Patrik with a K - who is this guy? Oh yeah, he's no different than any of us here at CZ. We give opinions, same as he is doing. There's only 1 person who knows what is going on in Jerry's head and it isn't Patrik with a K.

This guy doesn't know anything more than any of us do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Patrik with a K - who is this guy? Oh yeah, he's no different than any of us here at CZ. We give opinions, same as he is doing. There's only 1 person who knows what is going on in Jerry's head, and it isn't Patrik with a K.
Well, I figured the likes of you would try and take the thread down the toilet.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Well, I figured the likes of you would try and take the thread down the toilet.
Do you want to explain how I did that? Do you believe Patrik with a K can read Jerry's mind and knows exactly what is going on with the negotiations? He doesn't know squat. It's pure speculation, same as CZ members throw out there every day.

Havic

Reaction score
Try reading the article. It might enlighten you if you care.
I did and obviously don't agree with the paid employee of Jerry Jones take on it. Jefferson got done, so this should be a slam dunk at this point, not with this team. Again, the solution is to trade for premium picks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you want to explain how I did that? Do you believe Patrik with a K can read Jerry's mind and knows exactly what is going on with the negotiations? He doesn't know squat. It's pure speculation, same as CZ members throw out there every day.
No he can’t read minds. He’s just going by the facts. Not defending Jerry so don’t go there. Just providing evidence that Jerry does have a plan even though you don’t like it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s been a few threads complaining about how Jerry has no plan. Well, here it is. By the way he owned the negative Nancy who sent in the question.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-why-not-play-hardball-with-contracts

I'm tired of the Cowboys being wishy-washy in these contract negotiations. They drag their feet and then wind up paying even more in the end. Why not play hardball? CeeDee Lamb is already under contract for this season and they can use the franchise tag on him for the next two years after that. If he and his agent are going to play games or not negotiate in good faith, then he can sit out and lose money. Don't the Cowboys have to stop this ridiculous cycle?Richard Gaines/Oklahoma City, OK

Patrik
: Oh, Richard. There's a lot to unpack in your very emotional response to a very normal thing in this business, but I'll push the socks and shirts in your luggage out of the way and get right to the pants here. In case you missed it while you were typing, you literally just described them playing hardball. Dragging feet, as you labeled it, is a form of hardball. Otherwise, they'd just set the market every single time without negotiating. Isn't that what led them to two franchise tags on Dak Prescott and two franchise tags on DeMarcus Lawrence? I could go on here showing you that they're already doing what you're demanding they do, and they've been doing it for years, which creates situations like holdouts as an eventual symptom (also, have you looked around the league at holdouts or …?), and then you get irate at the symptom of the thing you demanded they do and keep doing. So, again, the Cowboys have long played hardball, so if that's what you want(ed), grab a rake and help with all of the "falling leaves" — gleefully. Otherwise, what you actually are is just upset it takes so much to get deals done in Dallas, and that means you're inherently tired of them playing hardball and would rather not have to deal with holdouts at all. Good talk.
That wasnt negative, it was stupid. The guy was an imbecile. Walker should have wasted time responding

JBS

Reaction score
Playing hardball isn’t a plan. It’s a sign there is no plan and they just wait things out as they figure it out on the fly. And I actually don’t have any problem w this approach as it pertains to the status of the QB. For those getting their panties in a bunch over the other 2 big contracts, that’s just a waste of time to even bother with. Those two will get done. 100%

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks. He’s a pretty good beat reporter or whatever he is. Has good insights.
He is a pom pom waver, the new Micky Spags ...... like you and your ilk.

No sustenance ........ just defending Jerry decisions at all cost ....... he sounded like a moron trying to defend this off season

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is a pom pom waver, the new Micky Spags ...... like you and your ilk.

No sustenance ........ just defending Jerry decisions at all cost ....... he sounded like a moron trying to defend this off season
If you read the article, you would see the ”sustenance”.