Patriots: 7th straight AFCCG appearance

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
1) Patriots need only 3 to tie, 4 to beat. I wouldn't bet against Belichick doing it.
3) If you define "period of time" as 16 years (5), they have the record. If it's 6 years, it's the Steelers (4). If it's 4 years, the Cowboys share that with the Pats(3).
Yea, one thing that helps the Pats on their winning seasons is they've been lucky to be in one of if not THE weakest divisions in the NFL and being handed 5-6 games every year......all they've really had to do is get hot at the right times........and I didn't even mention why they should have an asterisk beside most of their SB wins.........................but I agree with the rest.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's incredible how hard some of these catches are that I've seen from these playoff teams. I'm jealous.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Having the greatest HC of all time and the greatest QB of all time while playing in the weakest division in football for most of their time there helps.

Having a great home field advantage come playoff time doesn’t hurt.

So they get 6 wins almost automatically each season. They still have to play good in the other 10, and most of the time they do. You can't say their dominance is only because of a weak division, they're dominating the entire NFL.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've became so numb to hate for teams anymore. Now I'm just envious of other organizations that can win every year. Yes, Jerry has made me that way. Disgusting isn't it?

Yes one has to admire how NE has done the past 15 years. Kind of like some chad to admire the Cowboys run of 20 straight winning seasons from Landry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea, there are some records that are destined to never be broken:

1. Cowboys 20 straight winning seasons.
2. Dorsett's 99 1/2 yard TD run from the line of scrimmage.
3. Pats having the most SB's in the shortest period of time.
This is 18 consecutive winning seasons 2000-2017. Only 2 more to tie.

And Pats will surpass Cowboys and Steelers with their 9th SB appearance .

Good news is Dynasties are still possible in Cap era.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
An area of the country that produces almost no football talent, an irrelevant franchise for nearly 40years with a 6th rd QB and unproven head coach to arguably the greatest franchise in the NFL in 17 years.....Pats fans don’t deserve this, most are bandwaggoners in a part of the country where football didnt even matter before 2001......Screw you New England, nobody will care about you when B&B are gone

It also helps when your division opponents are the Jets, Bills and Dolphins. Except a few seasons here and there they have all been horrible and none could even find a good QB, let alone a franchise one. I still give them props for doing what they have done without a lot of pro bowl players but timing doesn't hurt either. Not to mention the Tuck game, and being gifted 2 rings by Seattle and Atlanta. Ok maybe I'm just a little bit bitter. :p

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Are Brady and Belichick great? Yes.

But have they also been the luckiest/most fortunate team in NFL history as well? Yes.

Easiest division in football for their entire run, which leads to the #1 seed, a bye and homefield advantage every season.

They always have an EASY first round game cause the AFC has been so weak outside of a couple teams.

So they get to the AFC championship pretty easily every year and have homefield advantage.

It's just like all of LeBron's runs to the Finals every season because of a lack of competition in the East.

Last year they had the easiest SOS in the NFL, played a terrible Texans team and then the Steelers without Bell. They didn't beat a single playoff team in the regular season with their starting QB. Then in the super bowl, they got manhandled and then the Atlanta coaches lost their minds. Their run to the super bowl against Seattle was just as easy.

Seattle had the super bowl won and gave it away. Atlanta had the super bowl won and gave it away. Or else we'd be talking about how Brady has a 3-4 record in the super bowl and was a choker.

Not to mention all the cheating. The tuck rule game. All the games won by Vinatieri.

The Pats have been good. But they've been lucky.

9of11

Reaction score
Their coaches are so good...they have an average of 20 player turnovers every year. also, when your guaranteed 6 wins ever year your going to do that. So in essence their season consists of 10 games....their division sucks....and having a great organization around helps too...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yea, there are some records that are destined to never be broken:

1. Cowboys 20 straight winning seasons.
2. Dorsett's 99 1/2 yard TD run from the line of scrimmage.
3. Pats having the most SB's in the shortest period of time.

The Patriots need 3 seasons and they'll be there. Unreal how good they have been in the era of parity.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yea, one thing that helps the Pats on their winning seasons is they've been lucky to be in one of if not THE weakest divisions in the NFL and being handed 5-6 games every year......all they've really had to do is get hot at the right times........and I didn't even mention why they should have an asterisk beside most of their SB wins.........................but I agree with the rest.

There have been worse divisions. Since 2000, both the Jets and Dolphins have more wins than 3 members of the NFC West. Since 2000, the Jets, Dolphins and Bills have more wins than the Titans, Texans, and Jaguars. Same goes for Ravens, Bengals, and Browns. Same for the Vikings, Bears, and Lions.

cowboyec

Reaction score
truly historic.
as a fan of the history game...I appreciate watching this unfold.
reminds of Our dominance under Coach Landry.