News: Patriots Bill O’Brien Reacts to ‘Interrogating’ Ex Cowboys

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
"Bill, its pretty simple actually. Stop Pollard, Take away the verticals and make Dak hit moving targets across the formation."
Bill: "Thanks Zeke."
Will: "Run a power trap game out of a jet sweep look. The D is suspect up the middle."
Zeke: "Let's Eat"
Lol lol so true!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have always wondered why when the QB throws a 5 yard pass and the receiver or RB turns it into a 40 yard gain the credit for yardage goes to the QB. But I get it, this is how the stats are compiled.

Since all Dak throws now are screens the receivers and RB are going to have to step up their YAC to make their QB look a little better than he is.
Guess you didn’t think much of Joe Montana.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You would be surprised what can be revealed pertaining to gameplans. It may or may not help, but having that knowledge can be fruitful.
That’s exactly my point. Please explain to me how Zeke and Grier can have any useful information pertaining to this week’s gameplay. Were they implementing it in camp? Were they telling all 90 players this is what we will do when NE comes to town? Now signing a player off the practice squad on a Friday or Saturday after the game plan has been implemented would be another story but I bet the league has rules in place or we would see that happening all the time.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
How many years has New England legally or not beat the trail to insider information about operation of opponent information and knowledges?

They still attempt to lie with a straight face?
Don’t overreact. This was just some good natured teasing between the coaches.

And they were probably teasing the media more than each other.

Creeper

Reaction score
This nonsense is overrated. Belichick has better ways to cheat. Just kidding.

I am sure lots of teams do this. Players and coaches call friend around the league who have seen a team they are about to play and they talk about what worked and what didn't. Every little bit helps.

Just go out and win your individual battles and win the game. First, get healthy.

ESisback

Reaction score
Methinks we’ll see more from the MM playbook—a few Deuce, some Luepke, more Turpin and Cooks, more TE…

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s exactly my point. Please explain to me how Zeke and Grier can have any useful information pertaining to this week’s gameplay. Were they implementing it in camp? Were they telling all 90 players this is what we will do when NE comes to town? Now signing a player off the practice squad on a Friday or Saturday after the game plan has been implemented would be another story but I bet the league has rules in place or we would see that happening all the time.
Both Grier and Elliott knows tendencies, go to plays, preferences, etc. The Cowboys have not changed much.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Both Grier and Elliott knows tendencies, go to plays, preferences, etc. The Cowboys have not changed much.
All shown on game tapes which NE will have watched all of them and charted every play plus down and distance. That’s what analytic departments do in the NFL. It can’t be a tendency, go to play, or preference if you’re not doing it in games which NE has complete access to. Nice try though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have always wondered why when the QB throws a 5 yard pass and the receiver or RB turns it into a 40 yard gain the credit for yardage goes to the QB. But I get it, this is how the stats are compiled.

Since all Dak throws now are screens the receivers and RB are going to have to step up their YAC to make their QB look a little better than he is.
WR screw-ups that cause INTs all go against the QB's stats...

FYI, there are stats for "Air Yards".

Jarntt

Reaction score
Solid comparison

Grier was in camp with this team and spent a few years here. He was released 4 weeks ago.

Gilmore last played in NE in 2020. Cooks in 2017. I am sure they will be able to steal some plays and knowledge
Exactly. What a horribly written and/or researched article

Buzzbait

Reaction score
We'd better shut down Zeke's running game or you know what we'll hear from a few hard core Cowboy Zeke fans ........
See! We never should've got rid of Zeke! I TOLD YA!!! I TOLD YA!! :laugh:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All shown on game tapes which NE will have watched all of them and charted every play plus down and distance. That’s what analytic departments do in the NFL. It can’t be a tendency, go to play, or preference if you’re not doing it in games which NE has complete access to. Nice try though.
But New England does not know the players personally. Watching game film tells me nothing about how you think and what you prefer. Knowing you gives me that information.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
But New England does not know the players personally. Watching game film tells me nothing about how you think and what you prefer. Knowing you gives me that information.
Ridiculous. I guess Dallas shouldn’t even show up because Zeke and Grier know what’s in the minds of all Dallas players and will have forwarded to Belichek every move each player will make given every scenario that comes up in a game. Just keep stretching as far as you can to keep from admitting it’s a ludicrous argument that former players who have no knowledge of the current game plan have anything of value to offer that their new team can’t see on game film. Maybe they will let the cat of the bag that #11 is pretty good and needs to blocked whenever possible!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don’t overreact. This was just some good natured teasing between the coaches.

And they were probably teasing the media more than each other.
They lost picks due to cheating...naw, they don't get third and fourth chances on integrity from this fan. You kiss up for both of us....I served 23 as a Veteran, 17 Postal, and my last job was a Corrections Officer. I'll just stop here...

CCBoy

Reaction score
WR screw-ups that cause INTs all go against the QB's stats...

FYI, there are stats for "Air Yards".
Thanks for all of your directional observations...always appreciated.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is something the fans and media make a bigger deal than the reality. Always been that way. I think the only time this becomes a game changer is when the coach was over that team the previous year and his replacement has adopted most of the same systems. (e.g. Buccaneers/Raiders

Ridiculous. I guess Dallas shouldn’t even show up because Zeke and Grier know what’s in the minds of all Dallas players and will have forwarded to Belichek every move each player will make given every scenario that comes up in a game. Just keep stretching as far as you can to keep from admitting it’s a ludicrous argument that former players who have no knowledge of the current game plan have anything of value to offer that their new team can’t see on game film. Maybe they will let the cat of the bag that #11 is pretty good and needs to blocked whenever possible!
You are so far down the rabbit hole, that you are spewing nonsense. The possibility of players having inside knowledge on their former teams didn't just start this year. No one even remotely suggested that would be the Cowboys downfall. Get a glass of ice cold milk and have a cookie. I here books by Dr. Seuss have a calming effect.

Shane612

Reaction score
I think teams gaining useful knowledge about their opponents by interrogating player's who played for the other teams is higher over exaggerated.
It's not like there is any proprietary information from one team to another...or is there....?
:rolleyes: