Patriots name Jerod Mayo new Head Coach

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It had to be Mayo since Kraft and Mayo go together...

large-5b59d7b2-8bcc-4c6c-bb6e-06f692335ac7.webp

:muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's got his chance....most never get one. It doesn't matter how you get the job, all that matters is what you do with it.
Yeah but that’s not how it works. Pats are terrible. The greatest coach of all time couldn’t get anything out of them. It just sucks because he’s gonna get scapegoated when things fail instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt and letting him go through his bumps and bruises.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Had the Cowboys fired McCarthy and hired this unknown, there would be 50 pages here ripping Jerry by now.

JayFord

Reaction score
Not good
This means Vrabel is available
Hes a really good HC and i dont want him in NFCE
Only place he could go is washington and reports are Washington wants a young offensive minded head coach

1942willys

Reaction score
Vrabel is a good coach; but does not seem to be an elite coach.
But then the GM at the Titans was not very good at all; and he never had a real good QB so maybe he is better than his record looks

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Vrabel is a good coach; but does not seem to be an elite coach.
But then the GM at the Titans was not very good at all; and he never had a real good QB so maybe he is better than his record looks
Vrable is a hard coach to figure. He had some success with an old school team, but that brand was never going to win it all unless they had an elite QB. He has some good traits as a coach though. If he gets an OC that runs a more modern offense and gets a QB better than Tannihill, he could have some success

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but that’s not how it works. Pats are terrible. The greatest coach of all time couldn’t get anything out of them. It just sucks because he’s gonna get scapegoated when things fail instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt and letting him go through his bumps and bruises.
That's exactly how it works...he's taking over a bad team, he has his opportunity. Kraft hired him, he gave him an opportunity, owner's don't like to be wrong. Again, he has his shot, now it's up to him. Coaches like bellybutton are effective when they are winning, but lose the lockerroom when they are not. Mayo could be a breath of fresh air.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Patriots look like a team that is just a total mess right now. I don't see a lot of good players on that team. I think they have the 1 CB they drafted who is injured if I am not mistaken. Otherwise they look like a total rebuild.

I wish Mayo luck. It will be a difficult job, but not impossible. Jimmy Johnson took over the Cowboys and turned them around quickly. We'll see if Mayo can do the same. It depends on who becomes the GM.

I am sure the Patriots know more about Mayo than the rest of us do. Maybe they see something in him that we are not privy to.