Patriots release kicker S Gostkowski

dallas72

Reaction score
Pat's released him..be a great pickup for Dallas since we cant score TDs lol

montgod

Reaction score
I'd be cool with that or Zuerlein although kicking isn't our biggest concern right now.

montgod

Reaction score
Considering the Pats currently have about 3 food stamps left for CAP money, I think this could be a different story.
I think they are just being realistic as to who their team is without Brady. Why spend if you know you're probably going to be rebuilding hence the reason they let some of their defense guys sign elsewhere?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Dude was money and proved he can kick in all conditions (weather and pressure). Bring him and let's see how he does. If he still has some leg left and is consistent then it is a no brainer.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm sticking with Forbath. Pats cut Gostkowski for a reason.
Not that I want the guy, but that reason was that it saved 3.5m on the cap, when they were only 5m under beforehand.

The guy can still kick and will land somewhere for sure.

As far as Dallas goes, they should bring in a rookie to compete.

Bass will cost a pick, so they wont do that. They'd rather use that on a player that will get cut late August.

It almost amazes me how little teams value kickers NOW, meanwhile they make all the difference when the games begin.

Last year alone would have been much different if they had anything even acceptable at kicker.

But, as Jerry says...."you dont cut your kicker just because he misses field goals."

roughneck266

Reaction score
No, it's that Gostkowski is 36 years old, was hurt last year, and was also bad.
Dont get me wrong, I don't want him either, but they are going to have to release some folks. They have no cap at all. I think they have like 700K.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Here we go with the name recognition again. :rolleyes:

Gostkowski only made 11 out of 15 extra points last year. Four misses! This place would go nuts if he missed one. His FG percentage is 86% the last 2 years.

We don't need to "bring him in for a look."