Patriots release kicker S Gostkowski

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Use your 6/7 picks to get young kicker and punter
This class seems to be higher in quality than I’ve seen in awhile though I don’t look at either many years
But the odds of any position taken in 6Th 7th and contributing right way are very slim
This is a way to get guys who may be there that late and contribute right away
This makes sense.

Here is where we will see what we have in the new ST coach.

So much with us is unproven right now.

Everywhere we look, I see issues.

I think most of us have to logically readjust our ambitions for this year.

We have a lot to do before the season starts..

jnday

Reaction score
Last year the kicking position was a problem until Kai Forbath joined the team. Forbath was 10 for 10 in FG attempts. There is no need for a new kicker. Your explaination for doing so is just busy work for the sake of busy work. It's not fixing anything. How do you not see that's a problem? Sounds like you are just dealing with trust issues.
They knew going in to last season that they had problems with the kicker. The whole NFL knew that kicker was a problem in Dallas. There is no excuse for them not making some kind of an attempt to correct the problem before it became an issue during mid-season. Forbath has had an up and down career. When he’s good, he is very good, but when he was bad, he was really bad. I hope that he is the answer long-term, but his history indicates differently. I mentioned bringing in several different kickers during last year’s preseason and was attacked by all sides by posters that were saying the same things that you are saying. It doesn’t hurt to have some competition for the position and it doesn’t hurt to know kickers to become familiar with them in case they are needed. Forbath has been with several teams because is is not consistent from game to game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They knew going in to last season that they had problems with the kicker. The whole NFL knew that kicker was a problem in Dallas. There is no excuse for them not making some kind of an attempt to correct the problem before it became an issue during mid-season. Forbath has had an up and down career. When he’s good, he is very good, but when he was bad, he was really bad. I hope that he is the answer long-term, but his history indicates differently. I mentioned bringing in several different kickers during last year’s preseason and was attacked by all sides by posters that were saying the same things that you are saying. It doesn’t hurt to have some competition for the position and it doesn’t hurt to know kickers to become familiar with them in case they are needed. Forbath has been with several teams because is is not consistent from game to game.
Why are you having such a difficult time separating last year from this year? It's a different year with different circumstances. I'm sorry posters attacked you last year when you rightfully suggested the Cowboys try to fix a point of known weakness on this team. With that said, that point of weakness is no longer. Kai Forbath, however you feel about him, good, bad, or indifferent came to the Cowboys with a clean slate and he has not disappointed. I think you are just going to create a problem that does not currently exist if you start messing with Forbath's head. Kickers are like that, once you get it in their head that you don't have confidence in them, they start missing. We need him to feel like the Cowboys support him 100%.