WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
October 13, 2007
Carey gets call
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

DALLAS -- Mike Carey's crew has been assigned to officiate Sunday's game between the Patriots and Cowboys.

This is the second week in a row that Carey's crew has a game with an undefeated team, as it worked last week's Colts-Buccaneers game (5 accepted penalties called).

Carey's crew is averaging 11 accepted penalties called per game this season.

Coaches have challenged calls five times in games Carey has worked, and none have been reversed.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 07:12:10 PM | Link | E-mail | Comment (0

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
This is very interesting, how often do teams/local media pay attention to the Refs they get before the game lol?

I like this guy... One of my favorite officials...Hochuli is my least favorite.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
who was the guy @ the monday night game? they were all horrible ******. reviewing a play after Dallas had played another snap. horrible...

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
kØwbØy;1704986 said:
who was the guy @ the monday night game? they were all horrible ******. reviewing a play after Dallas had played another snap. horrible...

I don't know but I hope Carey's crew is not the one that screwed us in the Chi. game.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
That guy who screwed us was Ed Hochuli, with his short hulk like figure and his tight tight shirts. Mike Carey is this guy...

MikecareyNFL.jpg

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1704983 said:
This is very interesting, how often do teams/local media pay attention to the Refs they get before the game lol?

I like this guy... One of my favorite officials...Hochuli is my least favorite.

That's interesting. I know Ed Hochuli from watching for years and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Why don't you like him?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1704991 said:
That guy who screwed us was Ed Hochuli, with his short hulk like figure and his tight tight shirts. Mike Carey is this guy...

MikecareyNFL.jpg

Good. I like this guy. Although some times I think he is going to throw his shoulder out of place when he announces the penalty. He really gets animated when he points toward the offending team.

Edit: I know who Hochuli is. I guess I was just so blindingly mad at that crew I couldn't see straight.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
kØwbØy;1704986 said:

On official review mike periera explained how that worked. basically he said that the guy in the booth wanted to make sure that dallas was able to get the snap off so they wait till the last possible second.

if dallas wasn't able to get the snap off and it was a catch and they review it, the refs just gave dallas a HUGE BREAK.

the way he explained it makes sense. However, he also said something about not reviewing it if dallas couldn't have got the snap off or something like that.

sillycon

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1705008 said:
On official review mike periera explained how that worked. basically he said that the guy in the booth wanted to make sure that dallas was able to get the snap off so they wait till the last possible second.

if dallas wasn't able to get the snap off and it was a catch and they review it, the refs just gave dallas a HUGE BREAK.

the way he explained it makes sense. However, he also said something about not reviewing it if dallas couldn't have got the snap off or something like that.

It sort of makes sense except that in those last 2 minutes, neither coach HAS to throw the red flag to get the review, right? I wonder if the booth has to review the play even if time ran out. Because that WOULD have affected the Cowboys too. Why only do the review if it only benefited one team?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
carey is a great referee!!

great news.

my wife thinks he looks like herschel walker.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't like the fact this is even being discussed/or is news at all?

SibannacRex

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1705008 said:

That's horse****. If the play was an incompletion, then how does it help us? If we didn't get the play off, but they review it and call it an incompletion, then it's not different than them calling it incomplete to begin with. To me, that says "Let's only screw the team if they have a chance to win."

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Wait a second why the hell do they care who the refs are? This does not sound good... I mean this is a team who is known for cheating and they make news out of who is refing the game? What the hell is going on? We are going to be cheated.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1704968 said:
October 13, 2007
Carey gets call

DALLAS -- Mike Carey's crew has been assigned to officiate Sunday's game between the Patriots and Cowboys.

This is the second week in a row that Carey's crew has a game with an undefeated team, as it worked last week's Colts-Buccaneers game (5 accepted penalties called).

Coaches have challenged calls five times in games Carey has worked, and none have been reversed.

Carey is decent. He's no Johnny Grier, but he's better than Ed Hock-a-loogie.;)

J-DOG

Reaction score
Carey is terrible.
This isn't good in my opinion.
Mark it down....Carey and the refs will be a major part of this game in one way or another. :bang2:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1704968 said:
October 13, 2007
Carey gets call

Is anybody else very uncomfortable with the Pats talking about who is reffing the game, THE NIGHT BEFORE.:eek:

What the hell, man.:mad:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
J-DOG;1705194 said:
Carey is terrible.
This isn't good in my opinion.
Mark it down....Carey and the refs will be a major part of this game in one way or another. :bang2:
Please tell me he is not the referee from the Chicago game, please.....:bang2: