Paulescu will cost us

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He punted well the previous week, there are only so many punters out there walking around the streets.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clove;2425992 said:
People forget this point right here. And the skin fans were blasting Suisham for missing a 46 yarder going into a heavy wind, dumb fans there.

I agree. Paulescu is not shanking punts he was punting into a strong wind and of course it is going to affect the ball. Granted he is not one of the top punters in the league he is an avg punter but he is pretty much what you can expect from a punter who was pulled off the street. I don't expect Dallas to be looking to replace him knowing full well that McBriar will be back next season.

CoCo

Reaction score
Don't think we want to be changing holders mid-season when our FG kicker is looking very solid right now.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Pokes12;2426132 said:
When is McBriar coming back???? We need him!!!!!

He is not coming back until next season.

Paulescu had to field one high snap that appeared to throw off his timing.

There seem to be 50 guys in college football that can punt and kick the ball a mile. There also seems to be a shortage of guys that can do it consistently in the NFL. McBriar is one of the guys that can do it at a high level in the NFL. Too bad he got injured. No matter who Dallas uses they are going to be about the same at this point. They could pick up someone and next week there will be a thread about how that new guy will have to go.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I was taking a look at their avg and net avg earlier before this thread was created.

If i remember correctly, McBriar's avg was 49 yards with a net of 38. Paulescu's was 41 with a net of 34.

juck

Reaction score
This Sam dude stinks.I know great punters dont grow on trees but this guy has been well below average.There has to be a better punter out there.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
MrMom;2426342 said:
More importantly...

Read has/will cost us.

Why is Read always the culprit. As if the HC doesn't have any responsibility with those players. We know Wade is involved with it having gotten four people in here to help.

Perhaps it's the players. We need to do a better job at the bottom of the roster with players who can play STs.

juckie;2426829 said:
This Sam dude stinks.I know great punters dont grow on trees but this guy has been well below average.There has to be a better punter out there.

He's not a Pro Bowl punter but he's not that bad. If they could get a better punter then he'd be here.

MrMom

Reaction score
jobberone;2426872 said:
Why is Read always the culprit.

Well, he took a unit that was top 10 in the league, especially coverage wise, and has made it one of the worst in the league. And it's not just this year, our special teams play drastically dropped off from 06 to 07, when we shared the majority of the same players special teams wise.

And it's not that Wade is absolved of any criticism, as Read was his choice and he did nothing to remove him this past off-season. I remember a bunch of Buffalo fans came on here when Wade was first brought in, and they all said our special teams will get progressively worse, because it seems like Wade doesn't value ST play like other head coaches, well we're seeing that come to fruition.

Having said that, I have no doubt our Special Teams could drastically improve if we just had another ST coach. If we kept DeHaven, had Bobby April, Toub, Etc.

Anyway, I just hope that we get rid of Read this off-season. It'll be two years coming when we do let him go.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jr40usa;2425726 said:
Paulescu will cost us

i can't believe our coaches could not found a better punter than this guy. He is terrible. We can always bring in another punter plz do it.
Of all the concerns I have about our team, this one isn't even in the top 10. We have much bigger fish to fry IMO.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
MrMom;2426957 said:
Well, he took a unit that was top 10 in the league, especially coverage wise, and has made it one of the worst in the league. And it's not just this year, our special teams play drastically dropped off from 06 to 07, when we shared the majority of the same players special teams wise.

And it's not that Wade is absolved of any criticism, as Read was his choice and he did nothing to remove him this past off-season. I remember a bunch of Buffalo fans came on here when Wade was first brought in, and they all said our special teams will get progressively worse, because it seems like Wade doesn't value ST play like other head coaches, well we're seeing that come to fruition.

Having said that, I have no doubt our Special Teams could drastically improve if we just had another ST coach. If we kept DeHaven, had Bobby April, Toub, Etc.

Anyway, I just hope that we get rid of Read this off-season. It'll be two years coming when we do let him go.

You could be right. It could just be Read.

I don't think so. I think it's mostly the players. They don't hit and they don't block. You're not going to do much if one or two guys don't do their job.

Pull that crap on me and I'll find a place for you.

links18

Reaction score
If you think our punter stinks, check out what one Sav Rocca did yesterday for the E-Girls----simply brutal display.....