Pauline: Cowboys looking to make move for pass rusher

cnuball21

Reaction score
Fake news...we aren’t drafting a DE unless a monster falls to us in the 2nd.

conner01

Reaction score
Fake news...we aren’t drafting a DE unless a monster falls to us in the 2nd.
I suspect half the league would draft a stud DE if they could. The question is will one be there. At 58 I don’t see one being there but we shall see.
We have lots of needs and what we have to do is get the best player and forget about position. When we’ve taken the best player it’s worked. When you look to fill a need it blows up many times

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
They probably meant either Taco or Irving. Why give up on Randy after waiting this long. Makes no sense...

cnuball21

Reaction score
I suspect half the league would draft a stud DE if they could. The question is will one be there. At 58 I don’t see one being there but we shall see.
We have lots of needs and what we have to do is get the best player and forget about position. When we’ve taken the best player it’s worked. When you look to fill a need it blows up many times

Much rather go DT, as it’s s bigger need and can also effect the pass rush.

Not to mention the class is loaded.

conner01

Reaction score
Much rather go DT, as it’s s bigger need and can also effect the pass rush.

Not to mention the class is loaded.
I think the odds of getting a DT at 58 is better than a DE
My worry is we pass a better player at another position and draft for need
I don’t know if taco will develope or not but I felt he wasn’t the best player availible
We’ve done well drafting the last few years when we’ve stuck to BPA
I’d rather spend in FA on one big contract than reach in the draft

John813

Reaction score
I could see it especially when Gregory is due for a new bigger deal.

Besides, drafting pass rushers every year is a solid move.

Be like the Giants in the late 2000's. Be able to bring pressure every snap.

pacboyX

Reaction score
If they get another freakin pass rusher before a safety ughhhhh

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think the odds of getting a DT at 58 is better than a DE
My worry is we pass a better player at another position and draft for need
I don’t know if taco will develope or not but I felt he wasn’t the best player availible
We’ve done well drafting the last few years when we’ve stuck to BPA
I’d rather spend in FA on one big contract than reach in the draft

But we haven’t srafted BPA...we drafted BPA at need positions. Go back and look our drafts the last few years and you’ll see players available every year that are likely higher rated but don’t really fill a need.

If the DT available at 58 is 58 on our board, and the highest rated player we have is a RB / QB / G / etc rated 48...take the DT.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Look for the Dallas Cowboys to target a pass rusher in free agency or the upcoming draft. Besides the news today that potential free agent Demarcus Lawrence will need shoulder surgery, word at the combine is that the franchise has tired of Randy Gregory, who is in the final year of his contract. There is a belief here at the Senior Bowl that the Cowboys will try and put a package together to move up in the draft and get a pass rusher if they don’t get it figured out in free agency.

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-buzz-wednesday-evening
I think he means the team is tiring of David Irving. I will say this about Gregory, he is just one failed test away from another year suspension. You can't trust a player in his situation. Look at Bryant and Gordon.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Cowboys need a pocket collapsing 3t or 1t with movement skills in the worst way. Dot see it at 58 though.
Saunders and Gaines just 2 DT examples from the Senior Bowl who would be available. If so, we need to grab one. LJ Collier is also a DE and very disruptive. 3 guys perhaps there at 58.