Pauline on JPJ Cowboys visit

chicago JK

Reaction score
I think where I fall in with my limited knowledge is take Mimms or Barton if they are at 24. If not, try to trade down to late first and take one of the centers. I don't think I would take any of the centers outside of Barton at 24.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If this is the pick, trade down please and get him. Even if it's just for a 4th.
Not sure you can do that and still get him. That said, I’d still be interested in trading back and taking Kingsley instead

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Love the player on tape, it is just his medicals, I'm worried about. Broaddus came out today saying his sources telling him his medicals are better then expected.
I don't think his medicals were ever bad. I think that's just part of the draft season. I didn't start reading anything bad about his medicals until he pulled out of the Senior Bowl and didn't participate in all the drills at the combine. Lots of rumors get spread.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Reaction score
Not sure you can do that and still get him. That said, I’d still be interested in trading back and taking Kingsley instead
I wouldn't. JPJ is a sure bet. Kingsley is a lot of potential. If Murphy or Newton are there, I'd take either of them without hesitation because you only get rare shots at taking a difference-making DT. Outside of that, I'd be perfectly happy with JPJ at 24.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think where I fall in with my limited knowledge is take Mimms or Barton if they are at 24. If not, try to trade down to late first and take one of the centers. I don't think I would take any of the centers outside of Barton at 24.
I'd equally take Barton or JPJ. If both were available, I'm not sure which I would go with, probably JPJ because he brings rare power to the position. He's closer to Frederick IMO than other centers available, very potent moving forward in the box and hard to budge, while Barton and Frazier have better mobility.

visionary

Reaction score
I saw a clip of Broadus today saying that a GM friend of his told him that JPJ is clean and some of the medical reporting on him is incorrect

Im good with Guyton or Newton at 24
Good with Barton, JPJ at 24

Would prefer trade down to 28-30 and take JPJ or Frazier

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
JPJ in the first round would be a good result. Let's hope it happens.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I saw a clip of Broadus today saying that a GM friend of his told him that JPJ is clean and some of the medical reporting on him is incorrect

Im good with Guyton or Newton at 24
Good with Barton, JPJ at 24

Would prefer trade down to 28-30 and take JPJ or Frazier
Not sure about Guyton, but I'd hope for the best. I think all of the OTs that will be available to us will have question marks like Tyler did when he came out. Hopefully, if we take one it will turn out as well as that pick has so far. If we take an OL in the first, I prefer one of the two centers because I think there is less of a chance of a miss with them. Maybe they won't be the All-Pros it seems they can be, but they should be surefire NFL starting centers.