Pauline on JPJ Cowboys visit

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
21 years of age too. As long as his medicals check out, I would take him over 24 year old Barton.
Good point on the age difference. Still can expect a 10-year career from Barton since 34 is not that old for a lineman

visionary

Reaction score
Not sure about Guyton, but I'd hope for the best. I think all of the OTs that will be available to us will have question marks like Tyler did when he came out. Hopefully, if we take one it will turn out as well as that pick has so far. If we take an OL in the first, I prefer one of the two centers because I think there is less of a chance of a miss with them. Maybe they won't be the All-Pros it seems they can be, but they should be surefire NFL starting centers.
I meant Barton

gimmesix

Reaction score
JPJ is the better center but Barton is the more versatile lineman.
Yeah, I just want the guy who is the best at what he does. I know there is value in versatility, but I feel JPJ is that rare center who doesn't need much help because of his power. I think some speed guys may get him every now and then, but he's not going to give up much ground in pass blocking and is going to be a body mover in run blocking. Having a center who you can trust one-on-one or who can destroy defenders on double-teams, allowing the guard to peel quickly, is appealing to me. I think Barton and Frazier will be better pulling into space and moving laterally while JPJ will be a bull moving straight ahead.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I just want the guy who is the best at what he does. I know there is value in versatility, but I feel JPJ is that rare center who doesn't need much help because of his power. I think some speed guys may get him every now and then, but he's not going to give up much ground in pass blocking and is going to be a body mover in run blocking. Having a center who you can trust one-on-one or who can destroy defenders on double-teams, allowing the guard to peel quickly, is appealing to me. I think Barton and Frazier will be better pulling into space and moving laterally while JPJ will be a bull moving straight ahead.
In this day and age a center might be the most valuable position on the offensive line. Our line fell apart with the loss of Frederick.

gimmesix

Reaction score
In this day and age a center might be the most valuable position on the offensive line. Our line fell apart with the loss of Frederick.
Definitely has not been the same. I think our running game up the middle has definitely suffered without him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'd equally take Barton or JPJ. If both were available, I'm not sure which I would go with, probably JPJ because he brings rare power to the position. He's closer to Frederick IMO than other centers available, very potent moving forward in the box and hard to budge, while Barton and Frazier have better mobility.
Let me add that JPJ's mobility isn't bad. He's just not as fluid as the other two moving laterally.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have JPJ ahead of Barton, but they are very closely rated. Both really help our anemic run game out immensely and have pro bowl upside.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I have JPJ ahead of Barton, but they are very closely rated. Both really help our anemic run game out immensely and have pro bowl upside.
As a center, I agree.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
If this is the pick, trade down please and get him. Even if it's just for a 4th.
If this is the pick, stay right there and draft him. Who needs a trade down for another JAG bum Defensive lineman. Solidify the center position.

1942willys

Reaction score
I saw a clip of Broadus today saying that a GM friend of his told him that JPJ is clean and some of the medical reporting on him is incorrect

Im good with Guyton or Newton at 24
Good with Barton, JPJ at 24

Would prefer trade down to 28-30 and take JPJ or Frazier
What was dropping JPJ was the medical concerns; if there are no big ones then he will not make it to us

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I saw a clip of Broadus today saying that a GM friend of his told him that JPJ is clean and some of the medical reporting on him is incorrect

Im good with Guyton or Newton at 24
Good with Barton, JPJ at 24

Would prefer trade down to 28-30 and take JPJ or Frazier
You about covered all possibilities. Nice. :starspin::rolleyes:

RoboQB

Reaction score
Isn't this week called "the lying season" or something similar? Where draftees are propped up or knocked down depending on who's doing the talking.

Chasing6

Reaction score

reddyuta

Reaction score
Brugler has said he has multiple concussions,that should be worrying especially for a Center.I really like the player but we cannot afford to miss in this draft.