PAVER: Zone Paver Ordered

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Transaction was completed last night after the money donated to PayPal was transfered to my bank account since DC.com doesn't do PayPal where I could just transfer over the funds.

According to the order it will be centered and all upper case. So it's going to look like this.

:star:
DON'T TELL ME IT
IS JUST A GAME!
--MICHAEL IRVIN
COWBOYSZONE.COM​

****************************************​

The money for the tribute paver is also transferred to my bank account and I am just waiting for final word on what it will say to place that order.​

****************************************​

BTW, the replica paver was shown with a little display case. Turns out those display cases are not part of the deal and they are freaking expensive. Reality has told me to keep the Zone paver, so I will not be getting a display for it. If you guys feel we should for the tribute paver then let me know because I will need to get more donations to cover it. I'm not asking at this point. I will follow your lead and do it if you feel it is necessary.​

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
So they are going to allow the ".com"? Sweet. Thanks for coordinating Hos.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2250099 said:
So they are going to allow the ".com"? Sweet. Thanks for coordinating Hos.
They haven't told me they aren't yet. So, I assume they are. If they say no, I will drop it of course.

Oh, as soon as I get the tribute paver I will get the map for it posted on this site for people to find this thing.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
Hos,

i didnt order a display case for mine...its a paver, surely it can withstand
the heat, traffic and wear and tear it will get sitting on a shelf in my Cowboys
room..if not ol Jerry is gonna be needing to replace the ones at the Stadium very often !
just my opinion...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
poke;2250106 said:
Hos,

i didnt order a display case for mine...its a paver, surely it can withstand
the heat, traffic and wear and tear it will get sitting on a shelf in my Cowboys
room..if not ol Jerry is gonna be needing to replace the ones at the Stadium very often !
just my opinion...
I thought the case was part of the deal. When I saw the prices of them my jaw dropped.

For those who are wondering.

$44.95 for the small case and $59.95 for the big one.

I can make a display case out of alder for cheaper than that.

Hey, that is an idea for the tribute paver. I wouldn't mind making a case for it if people would like. I work at a glass and door manufacturer. I can get my hands on some nice alder.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Hostile;2250119 said:
I thought the case was part of the deal. When I saw the prices of them my jaw dropped.

Hey, that is an idea for the tribute paver. I wouldn't mind making a case for it if people would like. I work at a glass and door manufacturer. I can get my hands on some nice alder.

If you are keeping it at your house, do whatever you want. It's not like the zone has a brick and mortar altar where we can all view it.

However, next time I'm on the mainland I plan to come to your house for BBQ and take a gander at the thing>:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2250125 said:
If you are keeping it at your house, do whatever you want. It's not like the zone has a brick and mortar altar where we can all view it.

However, next time I'm on the mainland I plan to come to your house for BBQ and take a gander at the thing>:D
Hell yeah. Ribs and tater salad okay with you?

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
I would pitch in for the tribute paver case in either scenario (buying one or funding for materials for you to make one.)

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Because we are getting the paver to honor someone's service and sacrifice, I would prefer that we get the display case to go with it. I will be happy to contribute to or pay for the display case.

Alternatively, if Hos can make one by hand, that's a lot more meaningful as well.

Dodger12

Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey;2250143 said:
Because we are getting the paver to honor someone's service and sacrifice, I would prefer that we get the display case to go with it. I will be happy to contribute to or pay for the display case.

Alternatively, if Hos can make one by hand, that's a lot more meaningful as well.

We've come this far, why not go all the way and finish what we started.........?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Update

A poster who is coming into some money offered to pay for the display case for Major Hagerty's tribute paver. I have decided to accept his offer. So I will take care of that tonight.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
I told my two brothers(One in Canadian military fighting in Afghanistan and the other in the US Military fighting in Iraq) and they were stunned by this act of courage, my brother who was in Afghanistan actually knew Major Hagerty as an acquaintance, so he was shocked when he heard the good news.

This site is brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
As someone who formerly read these forums while being deployed to deserts far from here, I can't tell you how awesome this is. Real stand up people on these boards.

fweegy

Reaction score
While your at it, make me a case for mine!!!!!!!!

Hostile;2250119 said:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
That's great. Thanks for handling it, Hostile.

Someday I'll find that thing at the new stadium and make a charcoal rubbing of it, take the rubbing home, and frame it. :)