Pay Dak already. It is in the team's best interests

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry will pay him $38-40 a season. Why we're waiting....I have no idea.
The delay is likely due to specific contractual guarantees Jerry Jones is unwilling to accept. The final contract will be substantial but more along the lines of what both he and Prescott will mutually agree upon. Negotiation will get both parties there. Eventually.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Once he is paid we’ll pretty much be out of the Super Bowl hunt until that contract is over.

Hoping our coach is the 1st coach to win a Super Bowl with a different team plus paying a mediocre QB like he is elite will be too difficult to overcome.

Our drafting has to be incredible for us to even have a shot. We need someone who can make a huge impact.
Man I like & respect you Catch but you are so wrong on this one... Like really really out of touch. Dak will take this team the the bowl.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I agree.
& I would say if anyone should be paid that money (40M) , it should be Brady . For a 2-3 year contract .
I say bring him in . Kraft will never pay him that .
No thanks. Dude is washed. This is a mobile QB league now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Initially, I felt as though franchising Dak would be ok. Take a year to see if he's REALLY the way forward...

But the scope has completely changed since the hiring of McCarthy. We need Dak in camp on day one. This upcoming season has the potential to be a very special season. Don't half step. Sign the QB. For once, get in front of the 8 ball instead of behind it.

I, personally, wouldn't blame Dak for holding out if not signed. At the end of the day, the Dallas Cowboys don't give a crap about him. They give a crap about the franchise... Period.

Sign Dak ASAP.

I m not lobbying for a bank breaking contract. Dak has already made it clear he's willing to take something that's "fair for both sides"... So get it done!

Yawn..............................

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Lol the skill level is not the problem. It’s the team that you put around these QBs.

Daks skill is fine.. It’s just not ok to pay him like he is an elite QB because this thing called the salary cap will put limits on the team we can fit around him.
You're making the same argument about Dak that you're trying to make for paying these twilight retreads. They're all going to command a premium contract even if for just 1 to 2 years ...

This is a mobile QB league now. No pocket retreads please.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
giphy.gif
Negotiate and get it done... Period. #noretreads

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Were talking about superbowls here.. Brady did nothing in the superbowl it was all defense and field goals.. Simply, he was horrid in the super bowl.
These pay Brady guys have no idea what the heck they're talking about....

Watch him go to San Diego and go 8-8 next year... Belichick doesn't get the respect he deserves where it pertains to Brady...

#washed

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Anyone believing Jerry Jones will not eventually pay Dak Prescott through the nose should begin hoping and praying Jones develops severe chronic debilitating rheumatoid arthritis, starting today, because Jones does not get hand cramps writing checks.

LOL

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
well do you work for the DC ? im betting they have a CFO, CEO, President, GM, CPA, Advisors, and Owners that all do this very thing for a living and have been trying to get Dak paid for 18months now but Daks team are way overvaluing themselves and paying hardball..

Maybe when you run business you can pay whatever an employee wants without negotiation.. in this case well im betting they have an idea of how to get this done without caving to the highest price..its more up to dak and his agents, they've been offered fair contracts..

they have the FT to fall back on and might need it ...dont give a crap or trying to get a more fair price, dudes not worth 35 and his demands are too high..get past it this is the business side of football and the Cap is real, the money is real, this isnt Fantasy football..SMH take the feelings out of it already,.,.not fair lol whaaa
Thank you sensei for enhancing my life with the most incredible advice I have ever received.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
it's already proven Dak needs all he can get and more to succeed. It is literally common sense at this point not to pay him that much.
Well what Dak needs he can't get in free agency anyway. What he needs is going to have to come in the draft. Money isn't a issue in Dallas. I know its a nice little narrative for people to run with but if the Cowboys want someone they can literally move money around and get who they want. You notice how the Eagles are always over the cap but somehow are always in trade discussions to get people or sign their own guys? The salary cap can be manipulated to give Dak whatever pieces he needs.

And regardless if you think Dak is the guy or not...whoever the quarterback is will need help. A rookie QB will need a LOT of help. And a old veteran like Rivers and Brady will need help.

Bennie

Reaction score
Initially, I felt as though franchising Dak would be ok. Take a year to see if he's REALLY the way forward...

But the scope has completely changed since the hiring of McCarthy. We need Dak in camp on day one. This upcoming season has the potential to be a very special season. Don't half step. Sign the QB. For once, get in front of the 8 ball instead of behind it.

I, personally, wouldn't blame Dak for holding out if not signed. At the end of the day, the Dallas Cowboys don't give a crap about him. They give a crap about the franchise... Period.

Sign Dak ASAP.

I m not lobbying for a bank breaking contract. Dak has already made it clear he's willing to take something that's "fair for both sides"... So get it done!

Signing Dak to a long term deal will be like hiring Jason Garret, a big mistake. Dak isn't a franchise QB. He is nothing more than a backup and should be sitting on the bench.

If you can't see just how average he is I can't help you. He is not a difference-maker. He makes it harder on the entire team by being on the field. Our offense is so pathetic with him
at QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
it's already proven Dak needs all he can get and more to succeed. It is literally common sense at this point not to pay him that much.

Why because some idiot says so?

The only thing that has been proven is you have no clue about QB's and Dak proved trolls like you dead wrong.