Pay Dak, he certainly deserves it

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tell him thanks.

But it's always interesting to see the type of guy who will make things up on the internet in order to try to win a silly debate. It's not surprising you are one of those types.
It's not a debate. It's a fact. We all know.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I DONT" HATE....you dak lovers mst stop...any small comment that's not fawning and foaming at the mouth for Dak you call hate.....tell me what's wrong with being a bus driver? why this insistence from the Dak Fanatics on painting him as an elite QB, constant comparisons to brady, brees, aikman, etc.

I DON"T HATE Dak. I criticize him in certain aspects of his game, I have also praised him for his positives.....so to you if its not 100% compliment all the time...I must be a hater.....wow you DakLovers are going Waaaayyyy over board with your sensitivity
Dak is not a bus driver. Anyone with an honest and keen eye can clearly see. So can the Cowboys, hence why Dak is their franchise QB. The new franchise record contract that's about to get done will cement that.

You're wrong. Simple as that. Accept it.

jay94

Reaction score

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
But that's not really what people have said. People, specifically many Dak fans, have constantly eluded to 2017 as a year when Dak was let down by no Elliott, questionable WR play, injured OL, etc. Few have talked about sophomore slumps, etc.

The point here is that it's a height of silliness to slam one's fist on the table pumping up the wins he has accumulated and he's the reason why they have won 32 games and then turn around and blame the team for his not so good 2017 season.

You can't have it both ways. You can't just give him the bulk of the credit for our wins and then turn around and make excuses for the poor season.
2017 was a tale of two seasons. The first 8 games, Dak played at a level similar to his rookie season. He had 63% completions, 1818 yds, 16 TD and only 4 INT. He was sacked 10 times and the offense was averaging 28 ppg. The last 8 games is where the wheels fell off, starting with the Atlanta game. Again, 63% completion, only 1506 yds, 6 TD and 9 INT. He was sacked 22 times in those 8 games and the offense only managed 16 ppg. It was really that horrific 3 game stretch against Atl, Phil, and the LAC where we scored a total of 22 points that sunk the season. The next three games we were back to avg 29 ppg. but Dak didn't play particularly well outside of the 2nd giants game the rest of the season, and that carried over to the start of the 2018 season.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around for that historically bad 3 game stretch. Dak was broken in that Atlanta game and his coaches did him no favors. That lingered for quite a while.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"We all know" but yet you can't provide one shred of evidence to back up your claim.

I mean if everyone knows, it surely would be easy to find evidence of such a claim, right?
We all know except those blinded by their hate like you are.
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/medium.com/amp/p/96c67406a2a

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
2017 was a tale of two seasons. The first 8 games, Dak played at a level similar to his rookie season. He had 63% completions, 1818 yds, 16 TD and only 4 INT. He was sacked 10 times and the offense was averaging 28 ppg. The last 8 games is where the wheels fell off, starting with the Atlanta game. Again, 63% completion, only 1506 yds, 6 TD and 9 INT. He was sacked 22 times in those 8 games and the offense only managed 16 ppg. It was really that horrific 3 game stretch against Atl, Phil, and the LAC where we scored a total of 22 points that sunk the season. The next three games we were back to avg 29 ppg. but Dak didn't play particularly well outside of the 2nd giants game the rest of the season, and that carried over to the start of the 2018 season.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around for that historically bad 3 game stretch. Dak was broken in that Atlanta game and his coaches did him no favors. That lingered for quite a while.

Good post!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why are you so angry or feel the need to name-call? Simple debate about the same team we both care and want the same goals.
why do you call me a hater? why do all dak lovers refer to anyone not in their club as Haters? yes, we care about the same team. we debate. we see things differently. so why label?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's taking awhile because I suspect Dak and his agent are asking for elite money and the Cowboys aren't willing to pay him that elite contract.
Of course they aren’t. They want to pay Dak the least amount possible just like any other player. Who wants to pay anyone elite money?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is not a bus driver. Anyone with an honest and keen eye can clearly see. So can the Cowboys, hence why Dak is their franchise QB. The new franchise record contract that's about to get done will cement that.

You're wrong. Simple as that. Accept it.
so being average passer, middle of a pack QB. is not being a bus driver? he can be a franchise QB. anyone can be a Franchise QB. Bortles was a franchise QB...got paid similar to one.....but that doesn't make them elite... Cousins got 84 mill contract. that didn't make him anything. money and contract has nothing to do with how good you are...contracts are about market value.....

and btw, you are way wrong. someday you will see the light or you will continue to complain about not having enough support for Dak to look good (which btw is the case with all Dak Lovers).

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why do you see this as my problem? Why do you assume that I am unaware of how the NFL works? Why do you think that I have to assume that Jimmy Garoppolo or Kirk Cousins is relevant to what is happening in Dallas? I understand that NFL teams make decision based on things that are not sound but why do you assume that I somehow don't understand just because I can see that making decision based on desperation or "inflation" is stupid?
Because you are acting as if what is about to happen with Dak is foreign. If the Cowboys won’t pay him someone will.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

beginning of 2018 wasn't so hot neither.....

it all points to one thing

lwehlers

Reaction score
u
He's been at worst a top 15 quarterback in the league....yet he's been paid like he worst quarterback in the league. Never made any complaints. He's owed his payday.

now I believe that Prescott deserves to be paid more. but Prescott does not deserve to be paid like a top five qb in the league. he has not proved to me that he deserves to be paid like one. 100 million or more guaranteed is totally crazy money for an above average qb that Prescott is.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Of course they aren’t. They want to pay Dak the least amount possible just like any other player. Who wants to pay anyone elite money?

I honestly do not believe this. I mean, I don't think the team wants to pay Dak a 30 million a year, 120 fully guaranteed deal but I do believe that the Cowboys are probably willing to pay Dak more then any other team in the NFL, over a long period of time. I honestly believe that the Cowboys value Dak more then any other Franchise in the NFL. Seriously believe this.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"We all know" but yet you can't provide one shred of evidence to back up your claim.

I mean if everyone knows, it surely would be easy to find evidence of such a claim, right?
they don't need evidence...you just have to have Faith!

lwehlers

Reaction score
Yeah, huh. I hope they never realize Dak was top ten in completion percentage last year, cause they'll never let that go.

Oops!
of course Prescott was in the top ten in completions it is easy for him to that when he has running back like elliott who catches short handoff passes to make his stats look good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
u

now I believe that Prescott deserves to be paid more. but Prescott does not deserve to be paid like a top five qb in the league. he has not proved to me that he deserves to be paid like one. 100 million or more guaranteed is totally crazy money for an above average qb that Prescott is.
This contract won’t be top 5 in 3 years. It will be top 10.