Pay = wins?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So let's throw this out....

Dallas plays Prescott his record breaking deal.
The Dallas plays Lamb his record breaking deal( or close to it).
Then Dallas pay Micah Parson his record breaking deal.

Now, in the next 5 years, Cowboys still ( still referring to have not been to one in 30 years)

do NOT even get to a NFC Conference game. Will these signings been worth it?
Note: You pay these players these HUGE deals, you can continue to expect zero BIG name signings in free agency PLUS, will have to
let go other players who will want to be "taken care of"
Unless the team has a clear plan in rotating cheap talent, you have to pay them.

Maybe no NFCCG, but it would be even worse if they walk. Where are you getting your next QB? will Sam Williams be ready to lead the pass rush in 2 years? The last WR you had that was at CD’s level was drafted 15 years ago. When is the next one?

Subtracting talent is almost never a net positive (especially THIS much talent). Any team who does has a clear plan in place, like Minnesota going from Cousins to McCarthy, GB Rodgers to Love, MIN Diggs to Jefferson, or GB Davante to the arsenal they have now. Look at Tennesse after losing AJ, how did that benefit them?

The salary cap isn’t an excuse, Dallas can afford all 3 fine. The cap stuff is just Jerry playing hard ball with the agents, for good or for bad.

Brax

Reaction score
One can make the argument that Lamb and Parsons haven't had to live up to a big contract because they haven't gotten one yet.

But the other guy in his 9th season with 2 big franchise paydays AND his last big contract?.....2-5 ain't getting me to break the bank on him again.

We've seen enough
You shouldn’t give a guy a third contract who hasn’t accomplished anything. 9 years is long enough to prove it. Second contract I understand it’s based on performance and projection of potential going forward. So there’s only 2 who fit that criteria and neither is a QB. Fear of the unknown is the only reason to extend a 9 year vet who has consistently failed in big games.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If we paid guys based on success we wouldn’t have any players.
Some of these posts are so corny.

Do these people realize that you need good players in order to have success?

Only one teams wins the Superbowl every year and to get rid of a player like Lamb or Parsons simply because they haven't had 'success' is ridiculous. (I get where they are coming from with Dak though)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Some of these posts are so corny.

Do these people realize that you need good players in order to have success?

Only one teams wins the Superbowl every year and to get rid of a player like Lamb or Parsons simply because they haven't had 'success' is ridiculous. (I get where they are coming from with Dak though)
They think you can just get anyone and once they win you pay them. They don’t believe in the GM actually building a formidable team….

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Now, in the next 5 years, Cowboys still ( still referring to have not been to one in 30 years)

Note: You pay these players these HUGE deals, you can continue to expect zero BIG name signings in free agency PLUS, will have to
If they can't deliver the wins then no they're not worth it. I'm huge supporter of performance based escalators. If Dak wants a top contract all he has to do is deliver the playoff wins.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It’s a wonderful problem to have and shows how great the Cowboys drafting has been. To just get rid of these guys would be laughable. Don’t let Stephen convince you that there are so many slices of pie. Every year they add more to the size of the pie. That’s just ownership negotiation tactics.

I understand everyone’s frustrated with the contracts hanging out there. I am for sure. But these deals will get done. You just have to be patient and forget about these ridiculous knee jerk reactions of TEAR UP THE TEAM!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Again-- I like Lamb, Parson and Dak, but I am NOT paying players for not having SUCCESS ( as a TEAM). Personal STATS are for players contracts, fans care about winning. Sorry, this franchise has lacks the latter.
Some other team will. Parsons can be a free agent in less than 48 months and Dallas will be paying him plenty on tags. Lamb could be gone in less than 36 month, making good money on his tags. I’m pretty sure they, and their agents, are familiar with what it’s like negotiating with Jerry Jones. Look at what Dak had to demand just so he could walk away easily when his contract is up. I would not be surprised if Lamb’s representatives are not asking for the same treatment NTC / no tag language Dak received.