Pay Zeke or Dak?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok big bucks time who do you pay prior to kick-off Zeke or Dak?

Seems there just might not be enough cap $$$$ to sign both at the monies there looking for esp with Coop in the mix and Byron and Jaylon bringing up the rear as one might say.
So who would you choose between #4 or # 21......
Looks like Jerry, Stephen and the front office are answering your question right now as we speak, PappyDog. I hope you will be ok when Dak gets his $30+ mil/season new contract extension before the season starts, while Zeke stays sulking and accumulating missed time fines in Cabo with no new contract demands to be met. :muttley:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you make it to the brink of a championship game appearance .. you had a window however cracked it was.

Winning a wild card game is a window? You're three wins away from a title. That's as far as any Cowboys team has gotten this century yet I've been reading message boards talking about "windows" going back to the Romo, Witten, Dez days.

Those are fantasies, not windows.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Winning a wild card game is a window? You're three wins away from a title. That's as far as any Cowboys team has gotten this century yet I've been reading message boards talking about "windows" going back to the Romo, Witten, Dez days.

Those are fantasies, not windows.
Yes, coming within a few minutes, seconds and plays from a championship appearance is a window.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
And they're both under contract too already. So pay them after this season when we see if Dak is really improved like we hear, and he wins something beyond a single playoff game and we pay him like QBs that have won Super Bowls. I agree though right now, work ethic wise and character wise Dak would be my choice of the two, but again lets wait until we have to pay them and not jump the gun. Zeke has a lot more to prove off the field than on it for me. He might be the better of the two players talent wise but he has two or even three years (if you tag him) before you have to pay him. Don't let him try and bully us into a deal we'll regret later when he is suspended again.
well it's a double edged sword at times.

initially they're paid for what the team HOPES they will do. their next contract is usually a payout of what the player HAS DONE along with HOPES TO CONTINUE. we eventually get to a point where you're paying for past performance, name and mentoring of the young guys.

zeke has been a hell of a player. yes.
zeke has been a hell of a distraction. yes.
zeke has *at least* 1 year left on a contract he signed.

now holding out is nothing new. i totally understand the whole "my career could be over the next play" but when followed with "i got to get my money NOW" is when i start to pull away. get money for what again? what you have done? you were paid already. what you will do? well that's gone. sad but a fact of life. given that you can lose millions on an injury, why should that be a guarantee to have ownership now take on this risk instead?

part of the game, i know. but the manner in which he chooses to hold out speaks volumes to me. go to cabo, have some fun, wait on people to hand you money for what the hope you WILL DO so you can not worry about what happens IF you get hurt.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Pappy, I'd sign the tier 3 quarterback and cut the tier 1 running back. That way when tier 3 starts sucking, we can blame the no running game. "Well, Dak doesn't have a running back who can move the defense off the line." sorta like the best wide receiver. lmao. smh tier 3

fansince68

Reaction score
Ok big bucks time who do you pay prior to kick-off Zeke or Dak?

Seems there just might not be enough cap $$$$ to sign both at the monies there looking for esp with Coop in the mix and Byron and Jaylon bringing up the rear as one might say.
So who would you choose between #4 or # 21......
I would wait and pay Dak next off season, this would give him a year to prove that he is the man. If he steps up and balls out, we quit with the home town discount and pay the man his market value which would probably make him the highest paid. For example, If Wilson makes 33 million, pay Dak 35 or 36. But do it before KC gives Mahomes 42 million. Btw, if Dak flops or gets injured this season while in his contract year, we sweep him on out the door along with Jason Garret. I hope Dak balls out. But just like Amari, I need to see a bit more to pay him that kind of coin. Zeke has already earned his money. I would pay him a contract that is front loaded while he is still healthy. A 4 year deal that is easy to get out of toward the end of the contract.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Pay Zeke first then give dak his money second

I used to agree with this. However, with Zeke doing boneheaded things I just can't go there.

Zeke seems like a "love 'em and leave 'em" type of player while Dak seems to be the kind of player that would work his butt off for every penny he received.

starfan1

Reaction score
They need to do coopers contract to create more space so the other 2 contracts become more feasible and Daks should come first

Blake

Reaction score
Yes, coming within a few minutes, seconds and plays from a championship appearance is a window.

But opting for the end zone back shoulder fade vs dumping it off to Beaz for the easy first was classic Romo fantasy.