PC or MAC?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to always build my gaming PCs, but ever since I switched to gaming laptops, I don't see me going back to that setup. My gaming laptop never has heating issues at all no matter what settings I use for games. Then again, I specifically made heat dispersion and air-flow a priority when I bought it since that's the main issue with gaming laptops.

The only real limitations to upgrading gaming laptops are the CPU and GPU, but in both cases, they are more than capable of handling all games for at least 2-4 years if not longer . However, by then, new technology in other areas has come out that makes buying/building a new system a better solution no matter if you're on a laptop or desktop/tower.

If you really think about it though, you cannot upgrade smartphones yet people spend nearly a thousand dollars on those every 1-2 years (even if subsidized by phone carrier) along with their accessories.
I am on my 3rd iPad and 4th iPhone, all upgrades, since I've owned this desktop to illustrate your point. I spend more time on this desktop than the phone or tablet combined.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am on my 3rd iPad and 4th iPhone, all upgrades, since I've owned this desktop to illustrate your point. I spend more time on this desktop than the phone or tablet combined.
Then that basically suggests you should focus more on the best computer for you and not really factor in your phone or tablet. iPhones and iPads work perfectly fine with Windows and most extra benefits of using a Mac with those devices is wasted on most people outside of work environments.

I have Mac friends, PC/Windows friends and Linux friends and all swear by their operating systems even though they swear at them sometimes. From my experience, when people I know have switched operating systems, they ultimately end up going back to what they were using before. There are some exceptions of course, but from my experience, people prefer what they are familiar with and, most importantly, what works easiest for them. After all, for most people, a computer is simply a tool.

nobody

Reaction score
I used to always build my gaming PCs, but ever since I switched to gaming laptops, I don't see me going back to that setup. My gaming laptop never has heating issues at all no matter what settings I use for games. Then again, I specifically made heat dispersion and air-flow a priority when I bought it since that's the main issue with gaming laptops.

The only real limitations to upgrading gaming laptops are the CPU and GPU, but in both cases, they are more than capable of handling all games for at least 2-4 years if not longer . However, by then, new technology in other areas has come out that makes buying/building a new system a better solution no matter if you're on a laptop or desktop/tower.

If you really think about it though, you cannot upgrade smartphones yet people spend nearly a thousand dollars on those every 1-2 years (even if subsidized by phone carrier) along with their accessories.

Not me. When I buy something, I buy it to last a while. I have no need to have the latest and greatest. As long as what I'm using does what I need it to, I'm content. When it comes to cars, phones, etc. I basically use it until replacing it is a NEED rather than a desire.

As far as computers go though, that's where I like to upgrade a little more often when I can. Judging from comments made by executives in computer, chip, and software companies, the desktop and laptop reign is declining and less and less will be developed for those to focus on phones, tablets, and hybrid computers. We witnessed the start of an era and might witness its demise.