Pee wee football

eternaljester81

Reaction score
Totally disagree. JG cultivated a great culture in Dallas and I'd say in spite of JJ influence of crazy. Our scouting and drafting has been focused and successful.

No matter how you slice it JG was an asset to this organization and discarded on a whim and a prayer.

He was in Dallas for a decade. He was not “discarded on a whim”.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Garrett was terrible at being a coach. But the players respected him. Why? Do you not see that all of our players have a sense of entitlement? That they have been pampered and coddled? The last decade has seen a cupcake culture around here, so of course any coach coming in here wanting these guys to actually take responsibility is going to be met with pushback. You think all these guys became entitled and lazy overnight? I'm not saying our coaches aren't still garbage, but believing we should have kept Garrett is absurd. This entire team is toxic, and it was Jerry who allowed it to become this way.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
His culture was nonexistent. The slow starts were just as bad under him and, to top it off, they never made in-game adjustments either.

Thinking that JG was a great coach is just crazy dumb. He wasn't even average - active detriment to his team.
I respectfully disagree. Player after player, coach after coach all commented how impressive the culture was.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Player after player, coach after coach all commented how impressive the culture was.
A) These comments don't mean anything, B) How many players were critical of it after they left?

Marcus Spears, just last year, said they don't have a culture. He was there day 1.

Any culture that has a guy on the sidelines the day after he's responsible for the death of his teammate isn't a culture that should be celebrated. That's not to mention the constant suspensions and other hooplah. There was no culture under JG, just a coach who was great at throwing blame everywhere but towards himself.

Last edited:

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
For the millionth time, several things can be true at once.....JG can be bad, the players can be bad, the GM and scouts can be bad, refs can be bad, it can all be true at once

catiii

Reaction score
Idiots Garret was not the reason we had problems, we still have that problem it’s Jerry he has his hands all over the whole locker room and until he gets it and let the coaches do their job we will continue to have the same issues. Now I fear Stephen May be picking up his father’s ways.
Garrett is a very good coach that the Owner/GM kept handcuffed. You dummies will see when he has the giants rolling just keep watching. Give Garrett 2 good drafts in New York
I hope he does and I hope the Cowboys become the recipient. Glad he's home now where he's from. We gave him more points in one game than he had all season. After all these years during which I had kids and now I'm a grandad since Jimmy, I don't care anymore. I just want to see SOMEone play a good game even if it's not the Jerry Jones Cowboys.

Last edited:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
We would be 0-6 with Garrett right now. When has Garrett proven that he can coach this team through an injury disaster like this? They lose Tyron alone and the whole offense falls apart like in 2017. McCarthy deserves a chance to cleanse this culture. I don't know if he is great but we are expecting way too much from him in Year 1 inheriting this mess. People overrated the talent on this team thinking it was one coach away from being able to compete against the Chiefs. We are a team that has had to fight just to make the playoffs in the last 3 years despite playing in a horrible division. That's not a good team.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I'd rather go 0-16 and completely rebuild from scratch than get stuck in 8-8 mediocre land year after year, Garrett the Clown was mediocre, so he sucked in my book.

Start gutting the lazy-whiney players from the team now. Let them go whine in the CFL, cause they are definitely not NFL material.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Really great new direction. I'd gladly accept JG back but that ship has sailed forever. Sad to see the Dallas Cowboys literally being mocked and laughed at on TV. Sad to her our players are so disgruntled they complain to the media. It was never even close to this bad under JG. Campo? Absolutely. Parcels even had his issues with his temper and callous style.

JG built a strong culture and it is being sharted upon. Makes me sad.
Your boy Jason is doing AWESOME in NY!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Jason Garrett sucked and they quit on him all the time. Did we forget last Thanksgiving already?

Still happy he was gone, and he's still a terrible coach.

I approve this message

We are 2-4 snd still have 2 more wins after trailing at half than we had all night t last year

garyo1954

Reaction score
PeeWee football solves all our problems.
We give everybody a Participation Award like.....

"I participated in the 2020 Super Bowl run with the Dallas Cowboys.
My team finished 5-11 and won the NFC East.
We lost our Wild Card game by a score of 40 - 0.
We had a fun time this year."

ICP

Reaction score
Really great new direction. I'd gladly accept JG back but that ship has sailed forever. Sad to see the Dallas Cowboys literally being mocked and laughed at on TV. Sad to her our players are so disgruntled they complain to the media. It was never even close to this bad under JG. Campo? Absolutely. Parcels even had his issues with his temper and callous style.

JG built a strong culture and it is being sharted upon. Makes me sad.
There was no consistency with the way Garrett did things. I also I was by no means saying that the direction they took with McCarthy was the thing to do. It was like trying to Reboot the Parcels years. They needed a NEW direction but the old Jones clowns can't see that

ICP

Reaction score
I have to agree, this team is going no where fast. We should post a survey to get peoples opinions on what to do with this team. I would vote to blow it up!
Sadly the ONLY thing that might make a difference is if the fan base just flatly refuses to fill Jerry's Stadium and purchases no more merchandise or at least enough to make it extremely noticeable. Petitions that fans want him removed as GM at the same time might help as well but he's sooooooooooooo full of himself it probably wouldn't

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I know many on this forum thought Jason Garrett was trash and a horrible coach. I wholeheartedly disagree and as proof I give you this pathetic excuse for a "professional football team". The players are now speaking out with their frustrations: coaches don't teach, they don't adjust and the CULTURE is bad".

I guarantee you one thing, with Jason in charge this Cowboys team was a team, they were focused and they worked their ***** off. Never complained to the media folks about a bad culture. JG was all about culture and drive and being the best you can be every day.

So, congrats all you out there that wanted this change. You got what you wanted. Happy now?

Garrett had to go. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to say lol. We didn’t move from the Landry era to the McCarthy era. We moved from a viciously average coach whose time here had grown toxic to the McCarthy era. We had to move on. Just because we possibly hired the wrong coach to replace him doesn’t make moving on the wrong decision.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I know many on this forum thought Jason Garrett was trash and a horrible coach. I wholeheartedly disagree and as proof I give you this pathetic excuse for a "professional football team". The players are now speaking out with their frustrations: coaches don't teach, they don't adjust and the CULTURE is bad".

I guarantee you one thing, with Jason in charge this Cowboys team was a team, they were focused and they worked their ***** off. Never complained to the media folks about a bad culture. JG was all about culture and drive and being the best you can be every day.

So, congrats all you out there that wanted this change. You got what you wanted. Happy now?

This was a team with Garrett in charge? Wow.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Clearly demonstrates how little you know about creating a culture and great management. JG knew how to do that and in my opinion he is missed.

He was the coach of the year for goodness sake! The experts and coaches know a great coach when they see it and JG is without a doubt a great coach.

Are you related to Garrett?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Totally disagree. JG cultivated a great culture in Dallas and I'd say in spite of JJ influence of crazy. Our scouting and drafting has been focused and successful.

No matter how you slice it JG was an asset to this organization and discarded on a whim and a prayer.
This is a weird statement. I think this last draft might be great in 2 years. Looks like we have 4 starters from this last draft. That’s the most since 2016.