Penalties Still A Problem?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Biggems;2278698 said:
I think we did a great job last night on the penalty front.

Pac was the main reason for the KR penalties. One Romo intentional grounding was a good call, the other was bogus.

Now we did get away with about 3 obvious holds during the game, but I say it is about time, especially with all the holding our opponents seem to get away with against us....especially the Eagles and Skins.

I was surprised by the one intentional grounding where you could see it was a screen pass but the RB was knocked down in the middle of the play and Romo was pretty much forced to throw it away in that direction which he did.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Penalties are part of Football, the adrenaline, the excitement sometimes, "it" happens, but sometimes our team makes those "dumb" penalties for instance.....

Barber makes a nice run, really nice gains about 15 yards, and then one of our lineman holds a player that ISN"T even close to the play..thats dumb.

Hitting a player after a play is dead or when hes way out of bounds...thats a dumb play. These are the ones that hurt us the most, the false starts, yes they hurt us, but not as much as the "dumb" plays.

Blocking in the back in kickoffs.
blatant facemasks.

like I said penalties are part of the game but when we are getting like 12-14 penalties per game, thats a bit excessive, we need to work on it, pack game was better but we can improve

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
I felt like last nights game was the first one I agreed with every call made against us. The best officiated game I have seen for us in a while. Would love that crew every Sunday.

FCBarca

Reaction score
I keep seeing 7 listed as the number of penalties and that seems really far less than what was actually flagged last night.

Still believe penalties are a problem anyway you slice it

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Biggems;2278698 said:
I think we did a great job last night on the penalty front.

Pac was the main reason for the KR penalties. One Romo intentional grounding was a good call, the other was bogus.

Now we did get away with about 3 obvious holds during the game, but I say it is about time, especially with all the holding our opponents seem to get away with against us....especially the Eagles and Skins.
I think they were both bad calls. The first one Felix fell down, but Romo was trying to set up a screen. Had Felix stayed upright it would have probably been a big gainer. There was definitely someone in the area.

And the second one I think it was Crayton running a streak, and looked like a miscommunication or wrong read and Romo thought he was running an out. That should never be grounding IMO.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
peplaw06;2278936 said:
I think they were both bad calls. The first one Felix fell down, but Romo was trying to set up a screen. Had Felix stayed upright it would have probably been a big gainer. There was definitely someone in the area.

And the second one I think it was Crayton running a streak, and looked like a miscommunication or wrong read and Romo thought he was running an out. That should never be grounding IMO.
Romo also didn't look to be in jeopardy when he threw the pass(on the second one), the refs should only call that when the defensive player has either a hold of the qb or is right about to.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2279085 said:
Romo also didn't look to be in jeopardy when he threw the pass(on the second one), the refs should only call that when the defensive player has either a hold of the qb or is right about to.
Yep. I was going to mention that, but I couldn't remember if someone was bearing down on him or not. I know he wasn't dodging the guy, but I thought there might have been someone a couple steps away who had a clear path.