Penalties

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas had as many penalties vs. 49ers that the 4 teams combined had in yesterday’s AFC and NFC
championship games.Talk about undisciplined.
Or a combination of the refs letting them play. False starts/Offsides - sure they weren't great, but they didn't call holding, let multiple delay of games go by, no ticky tack PI or defensive holding calls.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Refs clearly change how they call playoff games. Why not just be consistent? Less calls is ok refs. We still know how great you are and we notice you.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Or a combination of the refs letting them play. False starts/Offsides - sure they weren't great, but they didn't call holding, let multiple delay of games go by, no ticky tack PI or defensive holding calls.
Dallas seems to be a magnet for ticky tack calls, but about all the pre-snap calls?

Ken

Reaction score
Dallas had as many penalties vs. 49ers that the 4 teams combined had in yesterday’s AFC and NFC
In before...

It is all Dak's fault.

Thank you.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Refs clearly change how they call playoff games. Why not just be consistent? Less calls is ok refs. We still know how great you are and we notice you.
I hope the league sees the success of these games and puts more of an emphasis to let the guys play a bit moving forward.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Bengals were the least penalized team in the league all year.

I know it's not an important concept in Dallas, but teams that play disciplined football are usually rewarded with success.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The other thing with the Cowboys...is it a lack of discipline, or is it just a reality that we dont have the talent we think we do? I mean no one commits penalties when they've got their man already beat....its when Connor Williams gets off balance, its when our DBs lose a step, etc.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas seems to be a magnet for ticky tack calls, but about all the pre-snap calls?

Man I agree, especially the false starts, but those happen. Not sure where Dallas fell on pre-snap penalties on the year - but they sure felt like there was so many ticky tack calls this year.

Vs SF - Gregory was timing the snap pretty well, and they were letting Williams get away with a false start the entire game. The switch to his wrestling alter ego during the game- have no clue, maybe missed his pregame smoke.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Yep and that kills you when playing top contending teams. It is hard enough to win in this league and impossible when you are fighting the opposing team as well as your own. Killing your own drives and extending the drives for good teams will get you beat.
For this years team I have heard more than 1 reporter say when you gain the reputation of penalties you tend to get watches even closer by refs. I don't blame the refs for the Cowboys short coming, that falls on players and coaches to correct this.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Were the penalties in that playoff game fabricated or did you see the same thing the refs saw?

Do you think refs doing that game, against the most penalized team in the NFL, aren't going to be on alert?

The Cowboys aren't just an undisciplined team, they are an unable to disciple team. For the owner to openly complain about the penalties is a real laugher.

gmb1

Reaction score
That's interesting since the Rams had many delay of game instances that the refs didn't see. :rolleyes: