People, please ****....

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
About Bill Parcells. It is not his fault we lost. We lost for 3 reasons:

1: Penalties
2: Not executing
3: Refs making bad calls

Now, Bill can only do so much. He cannot go out and play, all he can do is prepare them. Its not his fault if a player makes a dumb penalty or drops a pass. Ill admit he made bad 4th down calls, but we should have won anyway. Fact is, we have the talent level of HS team plaing in the NFL and have to play perfectly to have a chance.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Now, Bill can only do so much. He cannot go out and play, all he can do is prepare them. Its not his fault if a player makes a dumb penalty or drops a pass. Ill admit he made bad 4th down calls, but we should have won anyway. Fact is, we have the talent level of HS team plaing in the NFL and have to play perfectly to have a chance.

Maybe BP didn't lose the game but he could have made some better decisions. The last 4th and 1 was a tough call. But he didn't even challange the D deep and when he had a hot hand at RB, Lee, he took him out. You are right though, we have a talent problem that needs to be addressed.

DMX6990

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Maybe BP didn't lose the game but he could have made some better decisions. The last 4th and 1 was a tough call. But he didn't even challange the D deep and when he had a hot hand at RB, Lee, he took him out. You are right though, we have a talent problem that needs to be addressed.

We didn't challange the D deep because the defence were playing a cover 3 scheme. That what happening last season as well but, most people blame Carter and the running game. The defence will make the Cowboys drive the length of the field in order to score.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
DMX6990 said:
We didn't challange the D deep because the defence were playing a cover 3 scheme. That what happening last season as well but, most people blame Carter and the running game. The defence will make the Cowboys drive the length of the field in order to score.

See I have a different mind set. I don't care what they are playing. Even if you see that D at least throw the ball long and out of bounds. You have to at least make the D think you may want to go long.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

I dont agree, at all.

It's a TEAM loss...Parcells is equally to blame...His game plan...his calls...his preparation...the team played dumb football and made some bad plays...all were to blame. And let's not forget, it's his groceries who are what you refer to as a HS team.

As far as the three reasons....the refs did a bad job...but the really bad calls didn't result in TDs directly...the Giants still had to drive the ball in order to capitalize...and we didnt stop them...

So for me, I'd change the three reasons to include coaching...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
See I have a different mind set. I don't care what they are playing. Even if you see that D at least throw the ball long and out of bounds. You have to at least make the D think you may want to go long.

I agree. And in this day and age of Flag Football pass interference calls...you always stand the chance of the ref throwing a flag on the play....ANY long pass has me sitting with heart in throat just waiting for the ref to toss a flag.

Just take the chance...stretch the field a bit...even if you don't connect.

In the new book about Joe Namath...Namath said that the most important play of the Super Bowl upset of the Colts was the early long pass play to Don Maynard that fell incomplete...it forced the Colts to rotate their defense to Maynard, who couldn't run because he had a bad hamstring (but the Colts had no idea)...then Namath simply called plays going against the rotation...and picked up yardage just because of the threat of the long ball.

MrCharlie007

Benched
Reaction score
You **** --- you have no idea what you are talking about...The decision to not run Lee more = Parcells fault. The decsion for 2 stupid 4th down plays = Parcells fault.

HeavyHitta31 said:

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

What are the reasons for most of the penalties. Bad coaching.

What the reasons for not executing. Again bad coaching.

The refs made bad calls. True. They were clearly out to get the Cowboys and made alota non calls against the Giants like Shockeys pushing off against Roy Williams for the TD catch. But we were still in the game even with the refs doin everything they could for the Giants. Fact is Bill Parcells is to blame cuz he is the reason why we had alota penalties and bad execution of plays.

It is Bill Parcells who wont start Reshard Lee instead of Eddie George. It is Parcells who brought in a ancient QB who is 41 year old. It is Parcells who gave us a draft this year that really sucked. It is Parcells who passed on Steve Jackson. It is Parcells who did a terrible job the off season with the exception of Keyshawn Johnson.

Parcells deserves alota blame but to many people think nothin is his fault when it is obvious he really deserves most of the blame. Take off your Parcells glasses and look at how crappy this team played for havin 2 weeks to prepare for the Giatns. That only says one thing. crappy coaching.

MrCharlie007

Benched
Reaction score
I couldnt agree with you more...except for the steven jackson thing. That may work in our favor...especially if Julius turns out to be at least above average.

Wolverine said:
What are the reasons for most of the penalties. Bad coaching.

What the reasons for not executing. Again bad coaching.

The refs made bad calls. True. They were clearly out to get the Cowboys and made alota non calls against the Giants like Shockeys pushing off against Roy Williams for the TD catch. But we were still in the game even with the refs doin everything they could for the Giants. Fact is Bill Parcells is to blame cuz he is the reason why we had alota penalties and bad execution of plays.

It is Bill Parcells who wont start Reshard Lee instead of Eddie George. It is Parcells who brought in a ancient QB who is 41 year old. It is Parcells who gave us a draft this year that really sucked. It is Parcells who passed on Steve Jackson. It is Parcells who did a terrible job the off season with the exception of Keyshawn Johnson.

Parcells deserves alota blame but to many people think nothin is his fault when it is obvious he really deserves most of the blame. Take off your Parcells glasses and look at how crappy this team played for havin 2 weeks to prepare for the Giatns. That only says one thing. crappy coaching.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Not that I am carrying around my Gomer Pyle's "Citizens Arrest" mod badge or anything...but this thread should be moved to "smack talk" due to it's unfortunate title.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Not that I am carrying around my Gomer Pyle's "Citizens Arrest" mod badge or anything...but this thread should be moved to "smack talk" due to it's unfortunate title.
You're an unfortunate title...:mad: ...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
RW31 said:
You're an unfortunate title...:mad: ...

No, today, I'm an unfortunate Cowboy's fan...

Sorry I offended your sense of good taste with my expressed opinion about this thread's title...

Perhaps a few beers and a beef jerky will make you happy again. :D

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Funny, Parcells only gets credit for a win. Alot like how people see God. He only gets blamed for the good things.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Im not saying he completely blameless, but he doesnt deserve this bashing when he has pee-wee talent level.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
No, today, I'm an unfortunate Cowboy's fan...

Sorry I offended your sense of good taste with my expressed opinion about this thread's title...

Perhaps a few beers and a beef jerky will make you happy again. :D
You're a few beers and beef jerky...ok?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:

It is not completely his fault we lost as there were several reasons. Out of those reasons, I put BP at the top. His decisions were not hall of fame type caliber today.