Video: Peppers: This Scout Admits He Was Wrong

NotForLong

Reaction score
Watch this video and you will see all this nonsense of Peppers not being fluid or unable to cover is false. Just because he wasn't called upon to showcase these skills doesnt mean he doesnt possess them. In reality he did everything he was asked to

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
What I have been saying all along. He was the number 1 CB in the nation coming out of high school. Michigan moved him to LB because they needed him there. He shouldn't be punished for being good enough to play LB even though he is really a DB.

NotForLong

Reaction score
What I have been saying all along. He was the number 1 CB in the nation coming out of high school. Michigan moved him to LB because they needed him there. He shouldn't be punished for being good enough to play LB even though he is really a DB.

Hes gonna be a generational player.
Could you imagion having a Saftey that can come down play nickel. That came 5th in Hiesman by protecting the edge in the running game.

In this pass happy league, with all the running plays coming out of 3 4 WR sets . Hes a difference maker. Cowboys would be blessed

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch this video and you will see all this nonsense of Peppers not being fluid or unable to cover is false. Just because he wasn't called upon to showcase these skills doesnt mean he doesnt possess them. In reality he did everything he was asked to

First, the guy isn't a scout. He's a guy who did technical work for NFL Films.

Secondly, check out this video and see if you still value his opinion:

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Could you imagion having a Saftey that can come down play nickel. That came 5th in Hiesman by protecting the edge in the running game.

In this pass happy league, with all the running plays coming out of 3 4 WR sets . Hes a difference maker. Cowboys would be blessed

Yes and his blitzing would help our anemic pass rush too.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
has there been any link to Peppers on hehalf of the Cowboys. Combine interview, official visit, private workout?? If not, then to me it's clear they have no interest in drafting him. Kind of like my pet cat Budda...the Cowboys moved on from him, so I have as well. Hope that doesn't bite us in the butt.

NotForLong

Reaction score
has there been any link to Peppers on hehalf of the Cowboys. Combine interview, official visit, private workout?? If not, then to me it's clear they have no interest in drafting him. Kind of like my pet cat Budda...the Cowboys moved on from him, so I have as well. Hope that doesn't bite us in the butt.
Maybe they thought he would never fall to them. Now all that may have changed

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
esigh...
Brett Kollman is not a scout. He is a videographer running a fundme to support is videos.
His videos are extremely well produced and done.
Now he just needs ot enlist actual scouts, lol.

His take on Peppers is completely erroneous.

Peppers had coverage duties at times and was simply bad in those match ups.
Those were generally times he was asked to play, ya know, actual safety.
When he was in the slot covering he was fine if he played tight man but if he had to play backed off he struggled.
In general he is outstanding when coming forward at the snap and not so good if asked to back pedal even a step at the snap.

A team may well find a way to use Peppers and develop him into a Pro Bowler.
But my guess is that position would be Will/Nickel backer.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mike Fisher has reported Cowboys aren't high on Peppers. --no pun intended.
Which make complete sense given that they like their safeties to be interchangeable free/strong cover 2 and cover 3 guys.

perrykemp

Reaction score

I don't see it.

I want to scream everytime I hear the Charles Woodson comparisons. Woodson was a "generational" player. I just don't see Peppers as that kind of player -- he hasn't exhibited the ball skills.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I still see shades of Darren Woodson in him.

The Darren Woodson comparison sounds much more plausible that the Charles Woodson comparisons I hear all the time living here in Michigan.

Darren Woodson had 46 combined interceptions / forced fumbles / fumble recoveries. He was a great player but not necessarily a splash defender.

Charles Woodson had 116 combined interceptions / forced fumbles / fumble recoveries in his career -- the dude was the epitome of splash / big time player.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't see it.

I want to scream everytime I hear the Charles Woodson comparisons. Woodson was a "generational" player. I just don't see Peppers as that kind of player -- he hasn't exhibited the ball skills.
Charles Woodson had an actual NFL position. To me that is the biggest issue.
If there was a Charles Woodson in this draft he'd be going 2nd overall.
Peppers was an amazing college player. So were Vince Young and Reggie Bush.
You gotta translate to the pro game.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
I'll admit that I'm really high I peppers, but Obi is a monster that can't be passed up...

NotForLong

Reaction score
I don't see it.

Bogus argument. "Ball Skills". Kids a leader and an alpha male. You want to ignore everything he is and everything he has to offer as a football player because in your mind he lacks int. He played linebacker last year.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Charles Woodson had an actual NFL position. To me that is the biggest issue.
If there was a Charles Woodson in this draft he'd be going 2nd overall.
Peppers was an amazing college player. So were Vince Young and Reggie Bush.
You gotta translate to the pro game.
Are you telling me that there isnt a position in the NFL for him. Go ahead keep doubting him.

Kid was a cornerback who made the transition to LB. And your telling me thats a negative. Your telling me he couldnt play saftey.

Good thing the Bears didnt think that way when they drafted Urlacher.

If you dont see that this kid is going to be a generational player then I cant convince you.

THIS kid has heart, dedication and hes selfless sacrifices for whats best for the team

Proof

Reaction score
I'm not a die hard college fan, but he was the most dynamic player I saw last year. Couldn't escape seeing him. sign me up

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
First, the guy isn't a scout. He's a guy who did technical work for NFL Films.

Secondly, check out this video and see if you still value his opinion:

Dude this was an evaluation after 7 games... and half this video he bashes him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude this was an evaluation after 7 games... and half this video he bashes him.

How about the other "half"? And the summary where he makes it sound like a great move where he's as totally, utterly, and completely wrong as anyone could possibly be?

How about that half?

Again, this guys is no scout and anyone claiming he is is wrong. The title of this thread is uninformed and misleading.