Per Ross Tucker: Some players don't care about making the playoffs

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
theogt;2526697 said:
There's criticism and then there's stupidity. This falls into the latter.

Thats your opinion.

I love Romo, but sometimes he falls into sulking mode and you can tell he wishes he was in a snickers commercial......"Wanna get away"?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2526698 said:
I don't know why you would think a player whose worked as hard as Romo has, to get to where he's at, would just up and quit, doesn't make much sense

this is a guy who impressed Bill Parcells with his knowledge of the NFL's past

a guy who hops up and down on the field after every TD

I just don't know man

I thought I was replying to an article that said ultimately, some players dont care about the playoffs.

I'm just saying that some of Romo's comments can easily be taken as that.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2526697 said:
There's criticism and then there's stupidity. This falls into the latter.

Its not stupidity, its completely valid.

Maybe he doesnt mean some of the things he says after some of these games, but when people make some of the comments that he has made, its easy for some to believe that ultimately, winning a championship might not be THE most important thing to them.

juck

Reaction score
my list of players i suspect dont care:

1.flo
2.rw11
3.Tank
4.Spears
5.Henry
6.RW38
7.Gurode
8.TO-his alligator arms and non dives are telling me a lot lately.
9.As much as it hurts me to say it......Barber,rub some dirt on it pal,u just got paid a zillion,Witten is way way way way more banged up,take a shot,get out there and play hard.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2526703 said:
I thought I was replying to an article that said ultimately, some players dont care about the playoffs.

I'm just saying that some of Romo's comments can easily be taken as that.

I've seen him be asked a question, and he totally goes off on some cliched tangent that doesn't even answer it

I wouldn't read too much into those

but you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong I believe it to be

but to me Romo looks like a guy who genuinely likes playing the game

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh this article is going to open a can of worms.

Let the diagnoses of Cowboys players afflicted with this disease begin.

:lmao2:

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
juckie;2526706 said:
my list of players i suspect dont care:

1.flo
2.rw11
3.Tank
4.Spears
5.Henry
6.RW38
7.Gurode
8.TO-his alligator arms and non dives are telling me a lot lately.
9.As much as it hurts me to say it......Barber,rub some dirt on it pal,u just got paid a zillion,Witten is way way way way more banged up,take a shot,get out there and play hard.

#2 I don't agree with, you see how fired up he gets when Romo actually throws a ball to him? I see fire in him.

#9.....Barber's inury has been totally mishandled, imo. He should have rested until it was better....not try to come back every week and prolong the injury.

risco

Reaction score
Good read-- players will be players-- it is what it is.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Ever notice people make these lists of players who "dont care" and its always just a list of players they dislike?

juck

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2526719 said:
Ever notice people make these lists of players who "dont care" and its always just a list of players they dislike?

Barber is my favorite cowboy and I love TO as well.I am just seeing some things that are telling me they dont care as much as maybe some of the others.Barber especially bothers me cause hes the heart of this team and we need his banging in there to get everyone riled up.Suck it up Barbs.Witten is.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2526704 said:
Its not stupidity, its completely valid.
No. It's complete stupidity. I'm sorry, there's no defending this one whatsoever.

yimyammer

Reaction score
theogt;2526688 said:
I kept thinking Leonard Davis. I was thinking of that story where he tells Romo to stop doing the quick snaps and Romo says that it's necessary to keep the defense off-balance and Davis just replies, "Stop doing the quick snaps."

What story? I never heard that before. The statement doesn't make any sense, what was the context?

QB9fan

Reaction score
I know a girl that ran into tony at a gas station close to where they both live after the giant playoff loss last year. She's a fan but someone that tony has spoken to a few times. She told him she was bummed they lost. He replied that it was ok, that now he could worry about other things.

yimyammer

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2526694 said:
Believe it or not, I was going to add him to my list of people I thought about, but i didn't want to get into a pissing match with the few around here that think Romo is some kind of untouchable that can't be questioned.

And everyone knows a TRUE FAN wouldn't have a single bad thing to say about their team.

Know what I mean?

I have no problem criticising the Cowboys or Romo for fear of getting my "True Fan" card revoked, but I reallly can't see how you think Romo just cares about picking up a check and doesn't want to go to the playoffs and win.

Why do you feel this way?

He strikes me as extremely upset whenever we lose, especially so in the big games he's lost.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
yimyammer;2526737 said:
I have no problem criticising the Cowboys or Romo for fear of getting my "True Fan" card revoked, but I reallly can't see how you think Romo just cares about picking up a check and doesn't want to go to the playoffs and win.

Why do you feel this way?

He strikes me as extremely upset whenever we lose, especially so in the big games he's lost.

I don't know exactly, maybe I just miss the guy that was happy go lucky that didn't hang his head after interceptions, and the guy that wore sweaty hole filled white T-shirts to post game press conferences.

A different guy has emerged, a guy that seems to hang his head and sulk, and worry more about what color suit or dumb looking hat he is going to wear after the game.

Something is different about the guy.

Again, I love Romo, he just needs to get back to what has made him a really good QB.....only he knows what that is.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2526627 said:
I kept thinking of Brad Johnson for some strange reason.

My take on BJ is that it wasn't a question of desire or effort, it was more of a question of being physically unable to perform at the required level.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Quick observations.......

1. You guys that think Romo is just doing this for the money are way off base, the guy takes losses HARD. He was so freaking upset after that Seattle incident, I really thought the team needed to put him on suicide watch, seriously. To also stand behind our piss-poor o-line and take hit after hit after hit shows he has titanium balls and is not just "going through the motions".............Anybody that thinks otherwise needs to check themselves.

2. I am sure there are players that are just doing this for a paycheck and could give a dam about playoffs, rivalries, or anything. I imagine there are players like this on every team, including the Cowboys.

3. As for which Cowboys...........I will not speculate because I dont have any proof and I dont think it is appropriate to be accusing anybody. However, I will name one player who's play has significantly deteriorated over a span of a couple of seasons.

That player is Roy Williams, the safety. Maybe it was money, maybe he found religion, maybe it was getting married, or maybe he just doesnt give a dam anymore, but for whatever reason his play has significantly deteriorated over the last couple of seasons so we know for a fact this is a trend and not him just having a bad year.

Something happened to Roy, just pop in the DVD and watch Roy during his rookie season. He looks nothing like he does now, seriously it is like watching a totally different person, kinda weird if you ask me.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Hostile;2526710 said:
Oh this article is going to open a can of worms.

Let the diagnoses of Cowboys players afflicted with this disease begin.

:lmao2:

I figured it would Hos. I think deep down they all want to win a championship, but it's what they have to do to get there that is the problem.

It is funny how things have changed in the NFL I remember reading Cliff and Charlie's book and they had a passage in their that the playoff money was their big bonus, where as now some players look at it like a pay cut to in the post season.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Barbie Carpenter.......

Talks to reporters about the team gossip more than plays.

Always seems to be limping around this time of year the last 2 years.

I don't like that this guy is still around and hangs out with Romo as much as anyone on the team.

I WANT Barbie gone!