Percy Harvin going pro

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
What round do ya'll think he will go in? Late first, early second?

Florida WR Percy Harvin will forgo his senior season with the Gators and enter the NFL Draft.
Used all over the field in Urban Meyer's spread attack, Harvin averaged 11.8 yards per touch in 2008 with 17 all-purpose TDs. He projects as an explosive slot receiver, although playing flanker in an Eddie Royal-like role shouldn't be ruled out. Harvin's durability and size are concerning, however. The Gators listed him at 5'11/195. We're guessing Harvin is closer to 5'9. Jan. 15 - 12:51 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=137995

irvin4evs

Benched
Reaction score
I can see him going to the Pats in the 1st round. Can you imagine him being used like Welker?

Reaction score
When he runs a 4.29.. He will go in top 15.

Pats have had bad luck with Chad Jackson... another Gator not on their radar.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
He won't be there for us. Probably will go in the middle of the first round. As a gator fan all i can say is thanks for the memories and he made the right choice.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Local Kid outta here in Virginia Beach... His demeanor Kinda reminds me of Deshaun Jackson...

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
irvin4evs;2577922 said:
I can see him going to the Pats in the 1st round. Can you imagine him being used like Welker?

He was hurt last season though. Not sure if he has a history of injuries though.

Eskimo

Reaction score
So if he falls to the middle of the first round, who would you rather have: Harvin or RW11? please consider that Harvin will make probably less than half of what RW11 makes.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Harvin looks pretty skinny to me. He might be listed at 5-11, 195, but I bet he's probably more like 190 or even in the 180s.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Eskimo;2578038 said:
So if he falls to the middle of the first round, who would you rather have: Harvin or RW11? please consider that Harvin will make probably less than half of what RW11 makes.

What does him dropping to the middle of the first have to do with anything? We HAVE RW11, there's no choice. If they were both coming out of school right now, RW11 would STILL be picked ahead of Percy.

DTK

Reaction score
He may turn out to be a great pro or a good pro, but I have my doubts. IMHO, he reminds me of Peter Warrick. Warrick was the #4 overall pick and was basically your average WR in the NFL. I'm no talent evaluator but that's my .02.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think he's going to have a Ted Ginn-like career - some flashes, but not a star.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2578047 said:
Harvin looks pretty skinny to me. He might be listed at 5-11, 195, but I bet he's probably more like 190 or even in the 180s.

He is more 5'9 and prob 190 or so. He has big arms for his size.

He is quicker than Ginn and probably just as fast.

Reaction score
eightyone;2578085 said:
He's not 5'9 he is legit 6'0

LOL...

He is listed at UF at 5'11. If he was a legit 6'0 he would be listed as such. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: .

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
I like Hakeem Nicks.
I'm not a UNC fan, but the man can catch.

The problem I have with players on most people's lists is that they are often overrated. I'd much prefer a great receiver that lacked the offensive lineup and had to do everything on their own.

dstew60105

Reaction score
eightyone;2578085 said:
He's not 5'9 he is legit 6'0

As someone who has stood next to him, he's a legit 5'11". I'm 6'0". But the kid is jacked. The UF strength program really did wonders for him. When he signed with UF he was the #1 rated high school player in the country. DeAngelo Hall is his cousin. As a UF alum, thanks for the memories. The kid was awesome to watch.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I wouldn't take him over Roy Williams because Harvin still has to learn how to be a wide receiver. He never got enough reps at the position to say he is ready to be an NFL receiver. I like the potential, but there will be some development time required. It is like Devon Hestor who also came out of college with no true position.