Percy Harvin going pro

rangers71

Reaction score
This guy will be average at best. Just because he runs a 4.2 doesn't mean he will be a great receiver. The Cowboys should know this better than anyone with all of the burners we have brought in that never amounted to squat. He is smart though because he will get a fat contract from someone.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
rangers71;2578206 said:
This guy will be average at best. Just because he runs a 4.2 doesn't mean he will be a great receiver. The Cowboys should know this better than anyone with all of the burners we have brought in that never amounted to squat. He is smart though because he will get a fat contract from someone.
average? He might not be a great receiver he might end up being used alot as a running back, as a gator fan I wish he would have stayed another season and won another title,but he was used alot more as running back than wr Id say hes more like reggie bush than Deshaun jackson..but saying he s gonna be lucky if hes just average is kinda of wacked

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
ctrous25;2578242 said:
average? He might not be a great receiver he might end up being used alot as a running back, as a gator fan I wish he would have stayed another season and won another title,but he was used alot more as running back than wr Id say hes more like reggie bush than Deshaun jackson..but saying he s gonna be lucky if hes just average is kinda of wacked

The reason we used him at running back was because Kestahn Moore kept fumbling and we had no realiable running back on the roster Percy's junior year. If anyone has their doubts about Percy as a WR go look at the Ole Miss game this year. The objective in college is to get the ball in the hands of the playmakers. He was clearly the most dynamic player in the SEC over the last 3 years.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2578259 said:
The reason we used him at running back was because Kestahn Moore kept fumbling and we had no realiable running back on the roster Percy's junior year. If anyone has their doubts about Percy as a WR go look at the Ole Miss game this year. The objective in college is to get the ball in the hands of the playmakers. He was clearly the most dynamic player in the SEC over the last 3 years.
Well he was pretty reliable running back for us. I think hes the best playmaker in the country and could be a guy that gets 10 carries a game and be put in the slot and will be a great return man even though he didnt do it much while at florida

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
He can bench 405.

Workout warrior, great with the ball in his hands.

Can't evaluate him as a route runner yet, and I'm scared of Gator receivers - but if he falls we would be able to add another dynamic to a receiving core that looked pretty pedestrian down the stretch.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2578047 said:
Harvin looks pretty skinny to me. He might be listed at 5-11, 195, but I bet he's probably more like 190 or even in the 180s.
IDK what he weighs but the dude is pretty jacked up def not skinny

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Let me clarify... His legs look skinny. I don't think it matters what he benches or how big his arms are.

And I'm not saying he can't play. Just that he might not be that durable.

dstew60105

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2578259 said:

Are you talking about his junior year? Because they had Rainey and Demp this year and they tore it up.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2578367 said:
Let me clarify... His legs look skinny. I don't think it matters what he benches or how big his arms are.

And I'm not saying he can't play. Just that he might not be that durable.

it actually matters how strong his upper body, and esp. his arms are

the stronger your arms are, the better you'll be able to get off the LOS when corners press you, and get into your routes

and Harvin is bigger than DeSean Jackson who has held up pretty well

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2578485 said:
it actually matters how strong his upper body, and esp. his arms are

the stronger your arms are, the better you'll be able to get off the LOS when corners press you, and get into your routes

and Harvin is bigger than DeSean Jackson who has held up pretty well

I think lower body has more to do with upper body when he comes to getting past presses. You need to be able to run through the contact. Randy is almost skinny and he can get off the jam as good as anybody else. By the time you get locked into a guy and are using your upper body to fight him off, the db has already done his job and disrupted your route.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2578525 said:
I think lower body has more to do with upper body when he comes to getting past presses. You need to be able to run through the contact. Randy is almost skinny and he can get off the jam as good as anybody else. By the time you get locked into a guy and are using your upper body to fight him off, the db has already done his job and disrupted your route.

pressing is when the CB uses his arms, you have to use your arms to combat his

they also hit your body, so you're going to need to be strong enough to witstand the blow and run through those

lower body is important too, but upper body is more

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2578542 said:
lower body is important too, but upper body is more
Naw, you got it backwards. You need adequate arm/chest/shoulder strength, yes. But you play football with your legs. You can't shoot a canon out of a canoe... Think about it. ;)

But I was talking more about his ability to stay healthy, anyway. Though I admit that if you had to play a position with skinny legs, it would be WR.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2578570 said:
Naw, you got it backwards. You need adequate arm/chest/shoulder strength, yes. But you play football with your legs. You can't shoot a canon out of a canoe... Think about it. ;)

But I was talking more about his ability to stay healthy, anyway. Though I admit that if you had to play a position with skinny legs, it would be WR.

agreed, If arms were so important than wouldnt randy moss, jerry rice, marvin harrison struggle?

Why does t.o have so much trouble getting off the line, he has huge arms.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2578570 said:

you're right about needing your legs, but arm strength and upper body strength is pretty important for a WR