Personally, I'm gonna give Mr McCarthy some time

aikemirv

Reaction score
I like MM, but those two fourth down plays deep in their own territory ticked me off. To me, it showed that he didn't have confidence in his team. Maybe he was desperate because we lost two tackles, but to throw a ten yard pass when you need 6 inches is very questionable to me. Oh well, it is what it is. Go Cowboys....

My only hope for him is he is on the tank - otherwise those decisions were absurd and careless. He took a very winnable game and made it a blowout - He did that all by himself!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
and we're still waiting for the undefeated,unscored upon aaron rodgers to win A super bowl again...since his ball and chain is gone.
He's a One & Done Whiner. That includes both football & personal life. Can't even hold on to a woman ----> runs
Oh mercy I would be stocking up big time!
Lol. Ditto!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s pretty much how I see it. Although I’m torn on letting a franchise QB walk just because we’ve messed up our roster management in the trenches. But you might be right that we’re better ripping off the bandaid and rebuilding with all of our resources available.

Daks a good player but we throw franchise QB around like it’s nothing now days..

You want to be mediocre.. Stick with Dak.. Even true franchise QBs would struggle with this plan of locking this current group of players down and only upgrading with rookies.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Daks a good player but we throw franchise QB around like it’s nothing now days..

You want to be mediocre.. Stick with Dak.. Even true franchise QBs would struggle with this plan of locking this current group of players down and only upgrading with rookies.

I am kind of with you on Dak but this team is mediocre no matter which way you go. They have a mediocre personality and a mediocre owner and coaching staff. They don't have the right mentality in almost every position group and on defense especially. Dak could win if this team had some sort of character and a coaching staff that knew how to create the correct culture even if you paid him 35-40 million. While Daks abilities with this team are now more evident he is not a fun player to watch and he will never create enough to take this team over the top by himself.

I think the only thing we could hope for with the current staff and team is going back to the days of Romo with a guy like Trevor Lawrence where at least the QB is entertaining to watch even though the team around them just sucks. If Mahomes were on this team we would still lose just because our team, on defense just folds. And then you have the likes of Elliot who does not have the maturity to be a professional and put in the work necessary to make him the back he should be with the talent he has.

The day we let Sean Peyton walk out the door was the day our fate was sealed. Just look at the New Orleans team and what they do when Brees goes down. Next man up and the TEAM fills the void! Pittsburgh is the same way, they just step up!

I am completely down on this team, the coaching staff, and the future!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He couldn't win with Rodgers? He had one complete losing season with Rodgers of 6-10. A 7-9 season where Rodgers missed 9 games, and his last year which was a partial season.
How many SB's did he win with Rogers? How many years did he have with Rogers? Also, MM is not a on Roger's Christmas list, why??????

Kingofholland

Reaction score
How many SB's did he win with Rogers? How many years did he have with Rogers? Also, MM is not a on Roger's Christmas list, why??????

1, it's hard to win Super Bowls. Many great QBs are lucky to win 1. McCarthy has coached the team to 4 Conference games which is 4 more than the Cowboys have been to over that time. So he must have been doing something right?

Why would we be concerned about who's on his Christmas list? They didn't see eye to eye the last couple seasons there and both are strong personalities. I don't think Rodgers has any family members on his Christmas list either, lol.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree with the original post.

Let's see how McCarthy does with a healthy QB 1; a functioning offensive line, and a defensive coordinator actually qualified for the job in 2021.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the record, I was on-board with replacing JG last season. Specifically because he underdelivered with what I believed was an NFC-contending team in 2019. If we’re being honest, I was in the huge majority believing that team underdelivered.

By most accounts, we had an outstanding draft and a solid VFA offseason. If anything, the 2020 team was deeper and better overall.

So let me ask: what have we seen this season so far to give ANYBODY the impression the arrow in Dallas is pointing up and not down right now? We just were embarrassed on the national stage on the way to getting swept by the *Commanders.* We've got similar or improved talent to a team we (most of us) expected to have a shot at the NFCCG just last season. We’re 3-8 and trending down right now. What are you seeing that you think this looks like improvement?!?

We suck. I'm not debating that point. I'm arguing MM did not inherit a very good team. Sure we have some pieces. But even the worst teams in the NFL have some pieces.

willia451

Reaction score
Nobody comes here to talk smack anymore. And they haven't for a long time.

Just an observation.

When Constantinople finally fell, they were catapulting dead bodies diseased with the plague over the walls as one the first forms of biological warfare.

Welcome to Byzantium.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We suck. I'm not debating that point. I'm arguing MM did not inherit a very good team. Sure we have some pieces. But even the worst teams in the NFL have some pieces.

We can probably agree on just how good the team actually turned out to be.

But here’s at least one prediction thread from before the start of the season where the majority (55%) thought we’d be 11-5 or better. Which more or less jives with how I remember opinions at the time.

So some of us, at least, thought this was a good roster with an upgraded coaching staff back when the season started.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There has to be some coaching accountability. The defense has been terrible all season long. No way does Mike Nolan make it back next season. Kellen should at least be relieved of play calling. MM will probably be allowed to come back next season but he has some corrections to make on his staff.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can probably agree on just how good the team actually turned out to be.

But here’s at least one prediction thread from before the start of the season where the majority (55%) thought we’d be 11-5 or better. Which more or less jives with how I remember opinions at the time.

So some of us, at least, thought this was a good roster with an upgraded coaching staff back when the season started.

Well, I wasn't one of them. Aside from another WR, I didn't see any significant additions from the 8-8 squad.

I didn't see 3-8 either, though.

Gaede

Reaction score
McCarthy was the wrong hire. It's clear he's little more than a retread. If we were going to be bad, we could've at least gone for an up an comer head coach. Someone who may not get immediate success but we'd have hope that he had potential to be better.

What does it say that the guy we hired to step in and win right away has had basically no shot this year? It's not like he's forgotten how to coach. it's that he couldn't do it in the first place.

Obviously, Jerry won't right his wrong this year. But if next season turns out like this one, he HAS to go. There's no learning curve with a retread. You're not gaining anything by giving him more time.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Gonna pass on the criticisms of Mr McCarthy. He inherited a perpetual 8-8 team which has as much to do with the personnel onboard as the coaching. Its not like he inherited a perennial Super Bowl contender.

After the upcoming off season, draft, next year free agents...maybe it'll be more reflective of the man's coaching style. One can hope he assembles the team as he sees fit. Pipe dream maybe given Jerrah's propensity to interfere...one can hope.

Time will tell.

Go Cowboys!

He needs to be fired as soon as we finish our last game.

Most of his hires need to go also.

It’s been a disaster.

There are plenty of qualified coaches for Jerry to interview in January.