Pet Peeves

timb2

Reaction score
I went to a gas station yesterday and this old woman who smoked like a chimney was before me in the cashier's line. You know the type of old lady smoker, crackling voice and the face is shriveled up from smoking. She gets up there and the cigarettes are right behind the cashier and she says " Gimme those slims,gimme gimme that box". What happen to common courtesy ? " Can I have please" or " May I have"?..... It ticks me off right up there with some idiot at a restaurant saying " I want this" or " I'll take"..and treating the waitress or waiter like crap. HOW ABOUT YOU ASK POLITELY AND BE NICE !!!

So I figure" What is you Pet Peeves"?

Others I have is

* Morons using profanity in front of little kids*

* Waiting in line at a Fast Food place and the person before you just starts eating the food even before they can put it all on a tray for them. You can't wait one minute to sit down and eat? You have to grab the French Fries now?

* Idiots at a cashiers line when you are at the front put their junk next to yours. Seriously you can't hold this for 2 minutes while cashier checks me out? You have to confuse the cashier or bother me AND WHILE YOU AT IT TURN DOWN YOUR CAR STEREO AT THE GAS PUMP NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR THAT CRAP!!!

So what are your Pet Peeves?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I went to a gas station yesterday and this old woman who smoked like a chimney was before me in the cashier's line. You know the type of old lady smoker, crackling voice and the face is shriveled up from smoking. She gets up there and the cigarettes are right behind the cashier and she says " Gimme those slims,gimme gimme that box". What happen to common courtesy ? " Can I have please" or " May I have"?..... It ticks me off right up there with some idiot at a restaurant saying " I want this" or " I'll take"..and treating the waitress or waiter like crap. HOW ABOUT YOU ASK POLITELY AND BE NICE !!!

So I figure" What is you Pet Peeves"?

Others I have is

* Morons using profanity in front of little kids*

* Waiting in line at a Fast Food place and the person before you just starts eating the food even before they can put it all on a tray for them. You can't wait one minute to sit down and eat? You have to grab the French Fries now?

* Idiots at a cashiers line when you are at the front put their junk next to yours. Seriously you can't hold this for 2 minutes while cashier checks me out? You have to confuse the cashier or bother me AND WHILE YOU AT IT TURN DOWN YOUR CAR STEREO AT THE GAS PUMP NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR THAT CRAP!!!

So what are your Pet Peeves?
First, let me respond to yours. :D

The people I've known who work in a convenience store or wait tables would rather you just get to the point. They don't consider it rude to say, "Let me get a pack of Marlboro Reds: Box.", or "I'm gonna get the chicken sandwich, just peppers.", as long as you don't say it like you're demanding they serve you. Often, you're responding to their query, "What can I get for you?", or something to that effect, so you're just answering their question. Even if they don't ask, the nature of their job implies the question. On the other hand, if you want something extra, or a waitress forgot to give you silverware, I'd consider it proper to ask, "Excuse me, miss. Could I get some silverware?", or whatever it is you need from them.

As for my peeves: When you're waiting in line and someone ahead of you decides to get lottery tickets, and rather than fill out a slip beforehand, reads the numbers off to the clerk, so it takes 5 minutes instead of 15 seconds.

People on the road who want to drive 5 or 10 mph slower than you, but speed up when you start to pass them, then slow back down when you get back in behind them. "I don't want to go as fast as you, but I don't want you to pass me!"
:angry:

People who talk way too loud, especially when they're close talkers. I've snapped at people mid-sentence, "I'm standing right friggin' here!"

People who leave their dogs tied up outside/ People who think their pets are acceptable substitutes for an airbag/ People who let their dogs nails grow to unhealthy, painful lengths, let their pets get obese, or otherwise don't take care of them.

People who aren't funny at all, but think they are.

I could go on, but I have to go to work on Tuesday morning.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
First, let me respond to yours. :D

The people I've known who work in a convenience store or wait tables would rather you just get to the point. They don't consider it rude to say, "Let me get a pack of Marlboro Reds: Box.", or "I'm gonna get the chicken sandwich, just peppers.", as long as you don't say it like you're demanding they serve you. Often, you're responding to their query, "What can I get for you?", or something to that effect, so you're just answering their question. Even if they don't ask, the nature of their job implies the question. On the other hand, if you want something extra, or a waitress forgot to give you silverware, I'd consider it proper to ask, "Excuse me, miss. Could I get some silverware?", or whatever it is you need from them.

As for my peeves: When you're waiting in line and someone ahead of you decides to get lottery tickets, and rather than fill out a slip beforehand, reads the numbers off to the clerk, so it takes 5 minutes instead of 15 seconds.

People on the road who want to drive 5 or 10 mph slower than you, but speed up when you start to pass them, then slow back down when you get back in behind them. "I don't want to go as fast as you, but I don't want you to pass me!"
:angry:

People who talk way too loud, especially when they're close talkers. I've snapped at people mid-sentence, "I'm standing right friggin' here!"

People who leave their dogs tied up outside/ People who think their pets are acceptable substitutes for an airbag/ People who let their dogs nails grow to unhealthy, painful lengths, let their pets get obese, or otherwise don't take care of them.

People who aren't funny at all, but think they are.

I could go on, but I have to go to work on Tuesday morning.
I dont like touchy talk the people that think they need to touch yow when they are talking to you

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I went to a gas station yesterday and this old woman who smoked like a chimney was before me in the cashier's line. You know the type of old lady smoker, crackling voice and the face is shriveled up from smoking.

Meh, probably has put up with a lot of crap in her lifetime, she earned her attitude.

My pet peeve is judgemental people who heap hate on people they don't even know.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Meh, probably has put up with a lot of crap in her lifetime, she earned her attitude.

My pet peeve is judgemental people who heap hate on people they don't even know.
She was annoying like some 5 year old " GIMMIE,GIMMIE". I about did the same to show her how stupid she sounded, but bit my tongue.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
She was annoying like some 5 year old " GIMMIE,GIMMIE". I about did the same to show her how stupid she sounded, but bit my tongue.
In the 70's there was a stupid song with the lyrics, "Gimme that, gimmie that, gimmie gimmie gimmie that thing". What you described reminded me of that song, and for that I can never forgive you...but my point is actually that maybe she was paraphrasing the song as a joke?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

I was standing in line at a Grocery store a long time ago An old lady smoking a cigarette in front of me turned around and called me a dirty stinking hippy I replied with the B word she shut up and other people actually laughed at my reaction

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I was standing in line at a Grocery store a long time ago An old lady smoking a cigarette in front of me turned around and called me a dirty stinking hippy I replied with the B word she shut up and other people actually laughed at my reaction

See, that old lady has had to deal with dirty stinking hippies calling her the B word. She's earned her attitude too.

Creeper

Reaction score
There is a new thing I see people do at the grocery store that annoys the heck out of me. They leave their shopping cart at the end of the aisle while they walk up the aisle to get the item or items they want. In the meantime, their cart blocks up the end of the aisle causing a traffic jam of other shoppers. I don't get it. I could see if they stayed at the end of the aisle and the shopping cart wheeled itself up the aisle to get the items they need but what is the point of walking up the aisle without your cart? Is pushing the cart on 4 wheels that much of a struggle? It is inconsiderate as all get up.

And speaking of the grocery store, what's with people sticking their filthy hands into the bags of grapes, picking a few off and eating them in the store? Then leaving the rest of the bag on the shelf? That is petty theft! I once saw a guy reach into a bag of grapes and pull out a bunch and start eating them as he walked around shopping. Would those people cut off the end of a loaf of bread, grab some cheese from the wrapped cold cuts section and make a sandwich?

timb2

Reaction score
She's old, the grim reaper can come calling at any minute. Ain't nobody got time for that. Gimme my stuff so's I can go about my business.

She has time to smoke those cancer sticks then she has time to ask the cashier nicely.

you-have-to-ask-me-nicely.gif

timb2

Reaction score
In the 70's there was a stupid song with the lyrics, "Gimme that, gimmie that, gimmie gimmie gimmie that thing". What you described reminded me of that song, and for that I can never forgive you...but my point is actually that maybe she was paraphrasing the song as a joke?
She reminded me of the type that a cigarette is like her crack and nothing else matters. I mean she seem impatient and out of cigarettes probably and hadn't had a cigarette probably in.025 seconds and was in panic mode. I mean " IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD" .

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
You know what's funny is me and a coworker talking about older music this evening since he's a little over 60 and I'm a little under. One of the songs he brought up was that

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
So many good things listed, I'll try and not repeat any. People that do not know how to drive, or drive scared. People that drive big vehicles and don't know how to handle them. If you can't drive that thing get a Prius. Also clueless people in front of you in line at the grocery store, they usually hold up the line, write a check and have no clue where they're at or where they are going. Kind of like Christopher Columbus:laugh: